Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Movie Trivia!  (Read 37283 times)
Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2017, 04:48:02 PM »

FYI, I don't have a trivia question.
Logos!!! When did you get back!? Calgon and I were very rowdy while you were gone.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »

Logos!!! When did you get back!? Calgon and I were very rowdy while you were gone.
I got back online Tuesday.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »

I got back online Tuesday.
Apparently I didn't you post or anything. I mainly stick to off topic for right now and specifically the Galaxy of Heroes thread.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2017, 06:42:52 PM »

Apparently I didn't you post or anything. I mainly stick to off topic for right now and specifically the Galaxy of Heroes thread.
<another thread we frequent> Apparently the 'kids' got a little too big for their breeches in my absence.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2017, 06:39:39 AM »

Okay, here's one:

A sequel to the Schwarzenegger film Commando was written but never made because Schwarzenegger didn't want to reprise the role. The script was then rewritten to incorporate a new main character and the subsequent film became a blockbuster and spawned four sequels. What was that movie?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2017, 01:46:35 AM »

Okay, here's one:

A sequel to the Schwarzenegger film Commando was written but never made because Schwarzenegger didn't want to reprise the role. The script was then rewritten to incorporate a new main character and the subsequent film became a blockbuster and spawned four sequels. What was that movie?

Based on films in it's series, I'm gonna guess The Bourne Identity

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2017, 02:43:21 AM »

Based on films in it's series, I'm gonna guess The Bourne Identity

And you'd be wrong.

The original Bourne Identity novel was first published in 1980, five years before Commando hit the big screens.

Good guess, though.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2017, 04:20:53 AM »

And you'd be wrong.

The original Bourne Identity novel was first published in 1980, five years before Commando hit the big screens.

Good guess, though.

So many seem to be unaware the Bourne series was based of books...which imo are much better than the films.  The answer to your question is Die Hard.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »

The answer to your question is Die Hard.

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING* We have a winner!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »

That's an interesting piece of movie history

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »

*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING* We have a winner!

So.... My Turn?

Ok.   RoboCop is great for many reasons, least of all is that it is a satire of Action films while arguably being one of the greatest action films of all time.  BUT, it was not wholly unique.  The Script for RoboCop had been floating around Hollywood from studio to studio for Years, being tweaked and rewritten.  So, what character was the first script about?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2019, 08:57:20 AM »

So.... My Turn?

Ok.   RoboCop is great for many reasons, least of all is that it is a satire of Action films while arguably being one of the greatest action films of all time.  BUT, it was not wholly unique.  The Script for RoboCop had been floating around Hollywood from studio to studio for Years, being tweaked and rewritten.  So, what character was the first script about?
Sorry to Frankenstein this thread, but my brother and I were discussing this very topic the other day and he told me that RoboCop was originally a knockoff of......JUDGE DREDD. Which, years later, Stallone, Rob sneider, ehhhhh... I think RoboCop won this cult classic battle even though Judge DREDD started it all.

So my answer, JUDGE DREDD

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2019, 10:09:46 AM »

Sorry to Frankenstein this thread, but my brother and I were discussing this very topic the other day and he told me that RoboCop was originally a knockoff of......JUDGE DREDD. Which, years later, Stallone, Rob sneider, ehhhhh... I think RoboCop won this cult classic battle even though Judge DREDD started it all.

So my answer, JUDGE DREDD

Correct.  Dredd of course appears in the 2000 A.D. Comics and first premiered in 1977.  It didn't take long for a movie to be in the works but it never mad it out of the scripting phase.  For years it was passed around, tweeked, altered until it barely resembled the original.  Thus Robocop was born.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2019, 01:25:59 PM »

In Terminator 2 there were scenes which needed 2 Sarah Conners on set.  One was the scene where they were patching up the T-800 and the other was when the T-1000 was disguised as Sarah.  Now of course they used a stand in, but there is usually is a tell that its a stand in...in this instance it was flawless.  How was this accomplished?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2019, 01:46:28 PM »

In Terminator 2 there were scenes which needed 2 Sarah Conners on set.  One was the scene where they were patching up the T-800 and the other was when the T-1000 was disguised as Sarah.  Now of course they used a stand in, but there is usually is a tell that its a stand in...in this instance it was flawless.  How was this accomplished?

It was done by her....."Sister! She has a twin sister. Your questions have now betrayed her, too."

Her sister's name is Leslie Hamilton (Gearren) and when people talk about identical twins in this case they were TOTALLY indistinguishable from each other.
And sorry for the poor Darth Vader impression.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: