Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The different Obsidian board settings and what they affect  (Read 13967 times)
Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« on: September 24, 2016, 08:24:52 PM »

Since there are more and more questions on what the different Obsidian settings mean and what they affect, here's a short but simple explanation of any of the settings:

Motion Threshold: Overall sensitivity of the motion detection sensor. The lower the number, the more sensitive the sensor is - and the higher is the triggering of fake motion sounds.

Motion Integration Time: Sensitivity of the motion sensor in regards of the above mentioned fake triggers. The lower the number, the more sensitive the saber is and more fake triggers occur. Rising the number lowers the fake trigger chance, but also overall sensitivity. Use this in combination with Motion Threshold to achieve high sensitivity without too many fake triggers.

Impact Thresold: The same as Motion Thresold, only for the impact detection sensor.

Impact Debouncing Time: The same as Motion Integration Time, only for fake triggers of the impact sensor.

Minimum Time Between Impacts: This sets the reset speed of the impact sensor. The lower the number, the faster the sensor can react to subsequent impacts.

Lockup Flash Time (only for Flash on Clash enabled sabers without the Emerald Driver): The simplest of the settings. It controls the speed of the lockup light effects - the higher, the faster.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:05:15 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Gar-Wi Musan
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 10:23:32 AM »

*renewing request to sticky this thread* Wink

I second that request.
Thank's for posting this.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »

Hi Rac.  I'm a tad late in catching this... but here's your sticky.  Valuable information provided.  Thanks.  Cheesy

point for you and Gar for bringing this to the Mod's attention  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:04:32 PM »

Thanks, D...almost forgot that this request was still there Cheesy Could have done that myself if I would've remembered Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 06:16:23 PM »

You are welcome.  Smiley  I know that... but thought that perhaps with your humility that you didn't want to do this.  Wink Grin

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 06:24:09 PM »

Oh you...lovely Kiss Grin

Getting off-topic again....Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Blade Runner 62
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 04:47:22 PM »

Thank you for putting this info out there.  I just picked up my Fallen with the V4 board and was looking for this.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: