Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 Discussion  (Read 43886 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: September 25, 2016, 01:45:00 AM »

:::::WARNING! THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS::::

Out of courtesy for those that aren't caught up, please keep all discussion of the new episodes contained within this thread.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:08:44 AM »

Ezra's mind trick at the beginning of the episode was wicked.

I really like how they've aged the younger characters, too.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:09:53 AM »

Did it kinda seem like Kanan only absorbed half the Bendu's point and just walked away rudely? Force beings are only good for one lesson? Don't, you know, train with them or anything. I'm sure the giant crab yak was just waiting there all alone to aide you in a bit of self reflection for a few minutes. That's enough enlightenment. No need to come back or ask questions and guidance.  Roll Eyes

Who else thinks cloudy eyes is a better look than Kanan's receding hairline mask?  Wink

Disney canon books have characters with artificial eyes that see better than normal eyes. Perhaps they'll bring that in later.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »

Considering that Bendu is on the same planet, and well within walking distance of the Rebel base, I think we'll see much more of him. I also doubt that we've seen the last of that holocron. I'm very interested to know who is the voice behind it; i.e. who made it?

I LOVED the opening of this episode. Ezra got all badass. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin I also loved that they gave just him a simple traditional saber. No glitz, no kitch. Just turn it on and kick some butt.

Not a fan of Sabine's new do. It makes her look too........old. Hate Kanan's mask. It would look better without the scratches denoting where eyes would be. Personally I would have just recycled the Kota look. Give him a blindfold and call it done. I also didn't like how easily they allowed Kanan to find the holocron. Ezra can stop and hold a droid from free fall, but he can't just move a little holocron to keep it from being found?

Welcome back to G.A. Thrawn.  Grin Grin Grin I have yet to read the Thrawn Trilogy, but I have heard nothing but sinister goodness about this character. I am very pleased with how they have depicted him thus far, and greatly look forward to seeing more of his tactical genius. It was also good to see Tarkin back in the story. Things were always more interesting on the serious side when he's around.

I really wish they would explain why Lothal is so kriffing important. I did like how they explained the stripped down look of Gold Squadron's Y-Wings. That was a particularly good throwback. Although, I do have to nitpick....who puts fuel lines on a disposal conveyor? And they finally lost the Phantom. Grin Grin Grin I hated that ship.

Anxiously awaiting next weeks episode. I sense much more Dark Side badness because................MAUL'S BACK!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »

Considering that Bendu is on the same planet, and well within walking distance of the Rebel base, I think we'll see much more of him. I also doubt that we've seen the last of that holocron. I'm very interested to know who is the voice behind it; i.e. who made it?

Upon re-watching the episode, I'm pretty confident that the voice coming from the holocron is Ventress.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 06:50:54 PM »

I really wish they would explain why Lothal is so kriffing important. I did like how they explained the stripped down look of Gold Squadron's Y-Wings. That was a particularly good throwback. Although, I do have to nitpick....who puts fuel lines on a disposal conveyor? And they finally lost the Phantom. Grin Grin Grin I hated that ship.

LOL I was sad to see the Phantom go, thought it was iconic to this series in particular.

And of course there's fuel lines on the disposal conveyor.  After the ships get attached to the conveyor for disposal, you have to drain the fuel out of them.  What better way to do that than to suck it into a storage tank for later use or sale? Seems like a better option than sending the ships into the incinerator full of fuel and blowing the whole place up.

I've seen this episode twice now and I still don't really like Ezra's new look but that's okay. He has definitely grown stronger in his use of the Force.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »

I have also foreseen that we will see the Bendu and the holocron. But, it's just sort odd the way they left it. Like a casual meeting with a force entity.

It's confirmed that the same performer did the holocron and Ventress voice. It may or may not be her holocron. Maul is now voiced by Starkiller's voice, the "for under 80 bucks a month" loot crate guy.

It still bugs me that Ezra has a green saber. If it's just a crystal he could get his hands on, I get it. But, if they are using the crystal colors influenced by the user when they install the crystal, then I don't think Ezra fits green. He'd still be blue. Even his use of the sithocron was motivated by a desire to protect his friends. He's flirting with the dark. He's learning more force use. But it's not the kind that leads to becoming a consular type.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:42:50 AM »

They brought Timothy Zahn (creator of Thrawn) into oversee Thrawn'c writing as well as Zahn is writing a New Canon novel about Thrawn's rise to  Grand Admiral.   The Holocron's voice is the same as Ventress but it is not Ventress herself as Ventress was not a Sith and the Holocron is over a Thousand years old (and Ventress was killed by Dooku near the end of the Clone Wars).   Maul has always been voiced by Sam Witwer...who also voices Palpatine. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 03:20:41 AM »

From what I saw, Ventress survives. Defeated, but not dead. She keeps being presumed dead, but keeps coming back.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about something in Dark Disciple, which is based on unfinished scripts from the Clone Wars show.

Maul's voice was dubbed over Park's in ep1. Witwer did Maul in Clone Wars and now Rebels, but Palpatine was done by him in all but like two episodes. I think the butler from Clue did Palpatine in two episodes of Clone Wars.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »

From what I saw, Ventress survives. Defeated, but not dead. She keeps being presumed dead, but keeps coming back.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about something in Dark Disciple, which is based on unfinished scripts from the Clone Wars show.

Maul's voice was dubbed over Park's in ep1. Witwer did Maul in Clone Wars and now Rebels, but Palpatine was done by him in all but like two episodes. I think the butler from Clue did Palpatine in two episodes of Clone Wars.

Yes, I was speaking of Dark Disciple.  It is part of the new canon.  In terms of Witwer I meant animated wise not Ep.I       "Butler from Clue"...  Sorry, just odd to me to hear the Great Tim Curry addressed like that.  But, again I was just mentioning another of Witwer's voices.  He has actually voiced 4 Star War's heavy hitters.  Maul, The Son, Palpatine and Starkiller

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 05:33:14 PM »

I apologize. I should've said the great butler from Clue, my favorite of his. Also, the great IT, the great dark master from Legend, the snivelly guy with a berilliumsphere (sp?) in The Shadow and other greats that I have an easier time recalling than names.  Tongue Someday, all I'll be able to remember will be, "You know, the guy from the thing." And people will just joke, "No. He wasn't in 'The Thing'. That was the other guy." And I'll go back to just chewing something and staring out the window.

I've been catching Rebels online. What time and station is it on tv? Disney extreme or just Disney? I foolishly bought an Ezra and Inquisitor costume set for my nephew who doesn't even watch the show.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 06:29:24 PM »

Upon re-watching the episode, I'm pretty confident that the voice coming from the holocron is Ventress.

It may be the Nikka Futterman doing the voice, but Ima smack someone if that's the best they could come up with.

1) The battlefield surrounding the temple was ancient, so it is highly unlikely that the holocron was made by Ventress
2) Highly unlikely that Tyranus taught her how to make a holocron as he was doubtlessly not taught himself. Although, holocrons aren't exclusive Sith tech and therefore both former Jedi could have learned during there time in the Order, but not likely.
3)Looked her up on IMDB, she is merely listed as "the presence". 2 episodes in 2016.

And of course there's fuel lines on the disposal conveyor.  After the ships get attached to the conveyor for disposal, you have to drain the fuel out of them.  What better way to do that than to suck it into a storage tank for later use or sale? Seems like a better option than sending the ships into the incinerator full of fuel and blowing the whole place up.
Yeah, you take it out so it doesn't ignite when you incinerate the chopped husk. But what reason would there be to have a function to put the fuel back? Their called check valves, and they prevent backflow in hydraulic systems.

They brought Timothy Zahn (creator of Thrawn) into oversee Thrawn'c writing as well as Zahn is writing a New Canon novel about Thrawn's rise to  Grand Admiral.   The Holocron's voice is the same as Ventress but it is not Ventress herself as Ventress was not a Sith and the Holocron is over a Thousand years old (and Ventress was killed by Dooku near the end of the Clone Wars).   Maul has always been voiced by Sam Witwer...who also voices Palpatine. 
I think Witwer made his debut voicing the Emperor in TFU.

I heard she ran for the hills beyond the edge of the galaxy in a mad effort to get away from her feelings for Kenobi.

They had Tim Curry voice the Emperor?

(post IMDB) Confirmed. 10 episodes.

But yes, I initially found it odd that there was a voice actor for Darth Maul in Ep1. But after seeing X-Men and hearing Ray Park's real voice, it made perfect sense. Wink

I apologize. I should've said the great butler from Clue, my favorite of his. Also, the great IT, the great dark master from Legend, the snivelly guy with a berilliumsphere (sp?) in The Shadow and other greats that I have an easier time recalling than names.  Tongue Someday, all I'll be able to remember will be, "You know, the guy from the thing." And people will just joke, "No. He wasn't in 'The Thing'. That was the other guy." And I'll go back to just chewing something and staring out the window.

He has over 200 acting credits to his name, and he's so good it's difficult to pin him to a defining role. Except for the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 07:48:39 PM »

It is approximately two years before the Battle of Yavin now.   So I suspect we might see the formal formation of the Rebel Alliance this season, or they'll leave that for a movie.   We now know of more cells existing (General Dodonna's cell) as well as Thrawn seeming to know that there is a larger rebel fleet out there than what Phoenix cell has on hand.  And while I would think the loss of their main known carrier would be a major blow, I would trust that Thrawn knows more about this than we do.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 12:35:45 AM »

"I see twin suns."

"He lives!"

Are we getting . . . Kenobi??!!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 12:47:28 AM »

"I see twin suns."

"He lives!"

Are we getting . . . Kenobi??!!

He Lives!  Could only mean Kenobi or Savage..going by his tone I'm pretty sure it's Kenobi.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: