Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 Discussion  (Read 43477 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2017, 01:57:04 AM »

Bit of an old interview, but it will be interesting to see where they are ultimately going with Ezra on the show . . .

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-producer-of-star-wars-rebels-answers-your-burning-q-1768048083

Dave Filoni:

“We have Rebels figured out all the way through now,” he said. “Even if things change along the way, I want to know where we’re headed in the story. That’s not to say the story can’t change as the characters reveal new things about themselves, but I need to know where the story is being delivered. If we’re telling a multiple season story, I want to know where this kid is going. Why does this kid exist for us? Why was Ezra so important we had to tell a story about him? And we’ve evolved that.”

PS . . . also of great interest . . . Dave Filoni was promoted a few months ago from "Director of Star Wars Rebels" to "Director of Star Wars Animation".

If you are missing the implication . . . the only Animated show right now is Rebels . . . so . . . what else is coming?

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2017, 02:06:39 AM »

Bit of an old interview, but it will be interesting to see where they are ultimately going with Ezra on the show . . .

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-producer-of-star-wars-rebels-answers-your-burning-q-1768048083

Dave Filoni:

“We have Rebels figured out all the way through now,” he said. “Even if things change along the way, I want to know where we’re headed in the story. That’s not to say the story can’t change as the characters reveal new things about themselves, but I need to know where the story is being delivered. If we’re telling a multiple season story, I want to know where this kid is going. Why does this kid exist for us? Why was Ezra so important we had to tell a story about him? And we’ve evolved that.”

PS . . . also of great interest . . . Dave Filoni was promoted a few months ago from "Director of Star Wars Rebels" to "Director of Star Wars Animation".

If you are missing the implication . . . the only Animated show right now is Rebels . . . so . . . what else is coming?

Point for this find.   I have heard rumblings before about more animated shows/films.  With the rumors Rebels is supposed to end during Rogue One.  That shot at the end of this episode did give me a vibe like we are being shown the start of something new..not just a cameo.  Not ashamed to admit I teared up a little when you hear Luke's name being called.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2017, 02:34:29 AM »

The end was fantastic.

I know this will never happen - but it would be awesome if they did feature length animated films based on Legends novels.

An animated Thrawn Trilogy based on the Heir to the Empire books would be fantastic.

And you know Mark Hamill would be up for voicing Luke!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #123 on: March 20, 2017, 04:49:16 AM »

Hey If you don't like Maul you don't like him.  But, that is not what canon says.  He wasn't found in space.  He fell into a garbage chute and was dumped onto Lotho Minor, basically a planet that is a junk yard.   And that is where Morely (the so called space snake) found him, and he  did not make Maul's legs.  Maul made them himself.  From Star Wars.com

"Thought dead, Darth Maul survived his injuries by focusing on his hatred of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Jedi who cut him in half. His shattered body was dumped amid the refuse of the junk planet Lotho Minor, where the once deadly warrior fell into madness, staying alive on a diet of vermin. When found by his brother Savage Opress, Maul had no memory of who he was, rambled nonsensically, and had built hideous spider-like legs in place of his severed ones. "

Huh youre right, the snake actually didnt say he built Maul's legs. So it wasnt as silly of a resurrection as I thought... You win this round haha though I still think his whole resurrection was a bit silly. But yeah now that I read it properly explained it makes sliiightly more sense. Thanks!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #124 on: March 20, 2017, 08:32:25 AM »

Just finished Twin Suns. Very good episode IMO. I liked how short the battle was, and I love how easily Obi-Wan defeated Maul. I feel like Ezra was a sort of useless character in that episode, but I understand why he was there. Did anyone else catch the "is he the chosen one" line, or was that only me? Is this implying that Luke is indeed the chosen one, and not Anakin? Because I'm pretty sure it has been decided that Anakin did fulfill the prophecy when he threw Sidious down the hole.

I loved the ending. It was perfect,and I loved how they didn't use the normal Rebels end credits song.

On the thing about Dave Filoni as director of Star Wars Animation, there have been rumors of an Old Republic Era tv show after Rebels finishes. I would love to see this happen. And the only thing I would love to see more would be a live action Star Wars tv show.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2017, 11:33:20 AM »

Filoni was promoted I think six months ago.

As for Maul's spider legs....those were pieces of junk being held into shape by Maul's will alone.  If you watch the episodes he has that, you might notice that bits and pieces of it are floating just above and below the main structure, and as soon as he's knocked completely out the whole things falls apart as it is only being held there by his rage and the Force.

As for Ezra being there in Twin Suns, they said over a year ago now that the story has to advance the main character's story (the Ghost crew) since this is their tale.  This is why Ahsoka wasn't featured much and why the focus is always on the members of the Ghost crew.  Unlike The Clone Wars, this is not an anthology series. The Clone Wars could jump between different characters across a wide range of people available to tell stories.  Rebels has a main cast who's story this is.  Therefore in order to keep that going, any other major characters placing into the narrative have to somehow progress the main characters' story.   We might get small pieces of resolution to things where the Ghost crew are not there, or some perspective from the Empire from time to time, but it still has to relate to the story.    The end of Twin Suns is there mostly to make sure the audience knows why Kenobi was in the desert in the first place, as the writers make sure they don't assume the audience knows Star Wars like the back of their hand.  Assume the audience is new to this.  You don't get much.  You know Kenobi is protecting the "Chosen One" and that his name is probably Luke and that he lives on Tatooine.  And that is basically all you have to know to understand why this old Jedi Master, who the rest of the Rebellion would think would be helping them fight the Empire, is living like a hermit on some backwater desert planet.

The context for Luke being the "Chosen One" for Kenobi and Maul is simply because, Maul never knew that Anakin was suppose to be the Chosen One, and Kenobi has lost faith that Anakin will ever turn back to the Light...so Old Ben has placed all his bets on Luke fulfilling the prophecy.  Yoda at least remembers that Leia is a potential backup plan should Luke fail.   But they have both lost faith in Anakin Skywalker.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2017, 01:25:50 AM »

Here is something I thought of.  Please correct me if I missed something.   We know from the ANH opening crawl the the Rebels " have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire."    We know now that refers to the battle of Scarif.   So, since this next episode is the battle to free Lothal (which would be a huge win for the rebels) we can assume.....they lose.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:40 AM »

I actually thought about that a little.  I might be totally wrong.

Are we certain they attack Lothal?  Maybe I missed something in a preview that made it clear.  Thrawn has been closing in on their location. And now he was able to sit there and wait for Kallus to send a transmission . . . which he could conceivably trace to their Base.  Before they launch their attack.

Regardless, I DO think they are going to be taking some kind of a hit on Saturday.  They aren't getting out completely unscathed.  Not against Thrawn.

If I had to guess, the "victory" for them this weekend is going to be simply survival.  So that, I don't think, would count against ANH.

Now here's what I am wondering:  What are they doing with Thrawn in this continuity to explain why we never see or hear about him in the OT?  After blowing up the Death Star, you would think they would want their best besides Vader to hunt them down.

I don't see them killing him.  I think they have interesting something up their sleeve.  It has been hinted that, in this version, regardless of his brilliance, the Emperor is only keeping him around due to his knowledge of the unknown regions.  Maybe he was "out there" on a mission when all that happened.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2017, 02:53:29 AM »

I actually thought about that a little.  I might be totally wrong.

Are we certain they attack Lothal?  Maybe I missed something in a preview that made it clear.  Thrawn has been closing in on their location. And now he was able to sit there and wait for Kallus to send a transmission . . . which he could conceivably trace to their Base.  Before they launch their attack.

Regardless, I DO think they are going to be taking some kind of a hit on Saturday.  They aren't getting out completely unscathed.  Not against Thrawn.

If I had to guess, the "victory" for them this weekend is going to be simply survival.  So that, I don't think, would count against ANH.

Now here's what I am wondering:  What are they doing with Thrawn in this continuity to explain why we never see or hear about him in the OT?  After blowing up the Death Star, you would think they would want their best besides Vader to hunt them down.

I don't see them killing him.  I think they have interesting something up their sleeve.  It has been hinted that, in this version, regardless of his brilliance, the Emperor is only keeping him around due to his knowledge of the unknown regions.  Maybe he was "out there" on a mission when all that happened.

I thought the same. 

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2017, 04:35:40 AM »

I thought the same. 

Thrawn appears next to Snoke in episode VIII, all the Rebels fans lose their sh*t.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2017, 07:07:50 AM »

Thrawn appears next to Snoke in episode VIII, all the Rebels fans lose their sh*t.

Thrawn is Snoke. That's why he knows so much about the Force, but isn't a sith.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »

The impression from the trailers is that Thrawn attacks the Rebel's base early in one, before they can launch their attack on Lothal.   They will escape, eventually.  They might even be able to pull of a minor raid on Lothal to shut down TIE Defender projection due to them operating with multiple Rebel cells, which is unusual according to Governor Pryce.  But they won't get a major victory, or if they get a victory at all it will be costly, and argued that the Empire gained more than it lost in the battle.   Which is something that cannot be said about Scarif.  The Rebels may have lost a capital ship and a few other ships, but they got away with much of the fleet, the Death Star plans, and destroyed two Imperial Star Destroyers, and (with help from the Death Star) completely destroyed a majorly important Imperial base.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »

Yeah...that didn't go as planned for the Rebellion.  Might help all those people that keep complaining that the Empire never does anything in this show.

Where they go from here is unclear, aside from eventually the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:02 PM »

Yeah...that didn't go as planned for the Rebellion.  Might help all those people that keep complaining that the Empire never does anything in this show.

Where they go from here is unclear, aside from eventually the Battle of Scarif in Rogue One.

Agreed, I was worried about Thrawn's fate but it was luckily unfounded.  I assume we will get a season preview during Celebration next month so we can get a hint of the direction because, as you said, it's pretty unclear where we are going now.  Side Note: Do NOT piss off the Bendu...

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »

Tom Baker fueled rages are fun.