Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 Discussion  (Read 43466 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:02 PM »

Screw fan service. Give us good original stories and quit relying on gimmicks to sell more toys. Angry

Logos for president!!!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:09 PM »

Logos for president!!!!!

mV Grin Vm

Yay. My second supporter.

If elected, I promise to make canon great again.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

mV Grin Vm

LOL  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2016, 07:04:09 PM »

So I finally got around to watching this episode. Overall rather weak. But I am very curious as to what happened here?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »

I thought it was a reference to the wars when Mandalore fought the Republic, and Revan led the Jedi against them in Old Republic storylines.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »

Thrawn will be back this coming week on Lothal.  The place the Empire is building new kinds of TIE Fighters.  Something the Rebels are trying to stop.

With those things in mind, what would you think is being built there in the few years since we last saw the TIE plant.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2016, 04:16:27 AM »

So it has been confirmed that the TIE series fighter don't have shields, and the ship that is basically the TIE Defender is in development on Lothal.  Also Thrawn is ruthless as well as calculating.   I figure he knows how the spy is and is going to try to use that to his advantage.  also Kallas is fairly intelligent it would seem, even on interpreting art.

I imagine we will be seeing General Dodonna's cell coming to aid Phoenix cell against the Lothal imperials.  Meaning X-wings, the captured Y-wings, and maybe even a U-wing or two.

I do wonder when they will pull the B-wing string again with the first production versions of that fighter?

Just a random thought since I've not noticed....where did Wedge go?  We know he's operating on Yavin IV in a few years time, but where is he now after his defection?  Flying A-wings of Phoenix Squadron?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »

So it has been confirmed that the TIE series fighter don't have shields, and the ship that is basically the TIE Defender is in development on Lothal.
It depends on the specific TIE. TIE Advanced did and was also equipped with a hyperdrive and life support. Bombers sported heavier armor, but no shields. The TIE Defender did in fact come equipped with shields.

Sig by For Tyeth

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2016, 08:18:29 AM »

More purpose this episode. If they don't know the 2 suns, they have no chance of catching Maul before he gets there. Perhaps Maul will meet his final fate in a duel. (See what I did there? Duel of the Fates?) Tongue

If they find Obi, I can't reconcile the storyline that way. Hiding on Tattooine was supposed to be about the future. The long game. Obi and Yoda couldn't defeat Palpatine, so they planned to train Luke. If more Jedi were available, why not work with them? Ep3 ended with warning everyone away, but I don't see that Obi would waste opportunity, if he knew about Kanan and Ezra. They could team up with Yoda for another run at Palpatine or something. Luke was supposed to be the last hope. Kanan and Ezra make that plot point thin. Why wait until Luke is the only one when there are others to train? I know EU had other Jedi out there, but they didn't know about each other. I'm wondering how they will end things with this kid's story as it relates to the big story without killing Kanan and Ezra.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »

Mid-Season Three trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU</a>

It seems Saw Gerrera was only the tip of the iceburg that is coming to tie Rebels to Rogue One and A New Hope.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »

So...according to legends, the Darksaber was created by the first Mandalorian Jedi over a thousand years ago, and kept by the Jedi in the Temple after that Jedi (a Tar Vizsla I think) passed.  House Vizsla later liberated it from the Temple and used it to unify their people for a time.   Now it is in the hands of Sabine Wren of House Vizsla.  So there was force potential in that bloodline someplace.  And the Darksaber is unique.

(These are from the preview for the episode for next week shown at the end of the Rebels Recon for this week's episode.)

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2017, 11:31:28 PM »

So...according to legends, the Darksaber was created by the first Mandalorian Jedi over a thousand years ago, and kept by the Jedi in the Temple after that Jedi (a Tar Vizsla I think) passed.  House Vizsla later liberated it from the Temple and used it to unify their people for a time.   Now it is in the hands of Sabine Wren of House Vizsla.  So there was force potential in that bloodline someplace.  And the Darksaber is unique.

(These are from the preview for the episode for next week shown at the end of the Rebels Recon for this week's episode.)

Was just coming to comment on this.  That opens a whole avenue for Old Republic stories.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ithekro
Knight Commander

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »

Pretty deep this episode is.

Also some interesting lore and explanation of what is going on inside a lightsaber.

Also a reasoning perhaps as to why Lucas had the lightsaber as "heavy" back in 1977.

Again it is crystal related, but in its own way, it makes sense.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2017, 02:31:20 AM »

mV Grin Vm

Um, dude - Thrawn is REAL Canon now.  He never was before in all of SW History.  For that reason alone it's Great now.  

As far as George Lucas was concerned, Thrawn never really existed.  As of 2005 (when that interview happened) he had never actually read a single EU book.  

Now?  Grand Admiral Thrawn OFFICIALLY exists in the same Universe as the Movies.

Hate on "Disney" all you want.

That's a Win.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »

Um, dude - Thrawn is REAL Canon now.  He never was before in all of SW History.  For that reason alone it's Great now.  

As far as George Lucas was concerned, Thrawn never really existed.  As of 2005 (when that interview happened) he had never actually read a single EU book.  

Now?  Grand Admiral Thrawn OFFICIALLY exists in the same Universe as the Movies.

Hate on "Disney" all you want.

That's a Win.

A little late aren't you? And I gave up on Lucas' ability to govern the SW universe when he made Boba sound exactly like Jango.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: