Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 Discussion  (Read 43494 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2017, 02:40:06 AM »

Still digesting this . . . well . . . I need to watch it again . . . because . . . my mother-in-law is here and she never stops talking (even though she never says anything) . . . so . . . yeah.

So I couldn't really pay attention.

Angry

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2017, 02:41:51 AM »

Still digesting this . . . well . . . I need to watch it again . . . because . . . my mother-in-law is here and she never stops talking (even though she never says anything) . . . so . . . yeah.

Angry

Is she one of those people who will relate some inane story to whatever it is you are doing...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2017, 02:52:04 AM »

No she is one of those people that always wants to tell us the latest about people we've never met and ask personal questions about people we would never ask those questions to.

"Where does Princess Canterbury's best friend Elena live?"

(My daughter is 2.)

"Well . . . it's day care . . . so . . . her parents are never there when we happen to pick Princess up . . . and I haven't asked Elena where she lives, because she's not even 2 and she's not my kid . . . so . . ."

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2017, 03:02:52 AM »

No she is one of those people that always wants to tell us the latest about people we've never met and ask personal questions about people we would never ask those questions to.

"Where does Princess Canterbury's best friend Elena live?"

(My daughter is 2.)

"Well . . . it's day care . . . so . . . her parents are never there when we happen to pick Princess up . . . and I haven't asked Elena where she lives, because she's not even 2 and she's not my kid . . . so . . ."

Ah....

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2017, 03:25:51 AM »

I'll make one observation:

I wouldn't say it was entirely "predictable" . . . not to the extent I expected . . . but I don't feel like it really took any chances.

Actually, what was worst - they deliberately (to me anyway) played with our emotions/expectations by having Kanan have the heart to heart with Ezra at the start, telling him there is nothing else he can really teach him.

Raise your hand if you went "Uh . . . oh . . ."

And they KNEW we would think that. But it was a tease.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2017, 03:55:46 AM »

I'll make one observation:

I wouldn't say it was entirely "predictable" . . . not to the extent I expected . . . but I don't feel like it really took any chances.

Actually, what was worst - they deliberately (to me anyway) played with our emotions/expectations by having Kanan have the heart to heart with Ezra at the start, telling him there is nothing else he can really teach him.

Raise your hand if you went "Uh . . . oh . . ."

And they KNEW we would think that. But it was a tease.

I didn't think Kanan would die, I just saw it as setting up Ezra being a lot more independent next season.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »

Wonder if this "defeat" caused by a Force user will push Thrawn to study the Force more.   Just for fun thought here is the Deleted scene from the Clone Wars Mortis Arc where it is revealed The Son is being manipulated by Revan and Bane.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lpn1_ZLIIA</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:45 PM »

It wasn't a bad episode, but I felt that the ships died way too fast. It was like 2 or 3 shots and they would go down. And how come the Rebels didn't even try to fire back? At least they took out one ship with the carrier, that was cool, but it reminded me of R1 too much. Also, I'm not sure what is going to happen with Bendu, but he did say something about it perhaps being the will of the Force. Maybe that means that it is the will of the Force for the Bendu to fight, and so he went off to find other Bendu or something. Can't wait for next episode.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2017, 03:27:47 AM »

Okay, I have been thinking about this for a while now and I cannot come up with an answer. In then final scene of Twin Suns, Aunt Beru calls Luke, and we see a little kid come running back. Did I miss something, or is Luke going to age like 12 years over the course of the next 2? Because he doesn't look very old in what you see of him in that last scene. And SWR season 1 is said to take place 5 years before ANH. It may just be me, but I don't see how that works out.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2017, 04:57:36 AM »

No.  It was a distance shot and they used Ezra's model as a stand in for Luke.  They are the same age after all.  Also Luke is kind of short...for a Stormtrooper at least.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2017, 05:21:19 AM »

Also Luke is kind of short...for a Stormtrooper at least.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2017, 05:40:33 AM »

No.  It was a distance shot and they used Ezra's model as a stand in for Luke.  They are the same age after all.  Also Luke is kind of short...for a Stormtrooper at least.

Ahh, makes sense. I'll have to go back and watch it again now. Thanks for clarifying.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: