Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review - The Dark Arbiter  (Read 3811 times)
Darth Nevac
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -33

« on: September 26, 2016, 01:27:07 AM »

The Dark Arbiter
Tri Cree Blazing Red Colour
Midgrade Blade
Red illuminated silver AV switch
Obsidian Lite Sound

For my second ultrasaber I wanted to delve deeper and obtain a darker, more malevolent weapon. I wanted to get something big and bold and for this there were a number of good sith options available, involving everything from heavy menacing pommels, to emitters grafted with claws and blades. After searching carefully, my desire for bold destruction was to be satiated only by the dark arbiter!

Despite its above average length, the dark arbiter nevertheless has a relatively slim hilt, allowing for easy and comfortable manipulation when duelling or spinning. At 14 inches the hilt can be wielded comfortably with two hands, while its relatively light weight still allows for adept one handed use. The emitter has a standard two inch recess, meaning that when attached the 36 inch blade does not lose much of its length, effectively measuring 34 inches. Without knowledge of the length of the emitter recess I was at first worried that a 36 inch blade would look too short in relation to the longer hilt of the dark arbiter, yet this is not the result. One receives a perfect blade length, while all that is the case, is that one possesses a slightly longer hilt. All in all, the saber measures 48 inches from pommel to blade tip.

The dark arbiter is extremely customisable, as the emitter and the pommel are interchangeable with those of other sabers. All that is required is to unscrew and replace accordingly. I myself would like to attach a dark war glaive emitter in the future. This is not to say that the native dark arbiter emitter is not desirable, as that one has its own unique quality; that of being a dark, sith piece that is all the while similar in style to the rotj Luke Skywalker model.

The black and silver design of the dark arbiter combined with the illuminated red AV switch looks good with the naturally intended sith blazing red blade colour. Opting for tri cree, the colour is extremely bright when combined with a midgrade blade. I have heard that certain colours, such as fire orange and blazing red are best represented through the lighter, clearer midgrade blades, however I must admit that I do not know any better as both of my blades have been midgrade thus far. All that I know is that both tri cree and the blade combination which I have chosen, gladly produce a very bright blade indeed. For my next saber, perhaps I will try the ultraedge option and compare the results.

The obsidian lite soundboard achieves everything that I want it to, offering a great loud ignition sound, clash noise and retraction font.

And finally, in regard to customer service, there was in actuality a slight issue with my order upon delivery. The midgrade blade I had ordered had become bent some way along the long (but quick!) journey from the US to Scotland. But after a quick email, ultrasabers replied extremely swiftly and a new replacement blade was dispatched immediately. All I can say is that the customer service from ultrasabers was absolutely exemplary and it has certainly encouraged me to make future purchases. And with that then, is the conclusion of this review. Photographs below. MTFBWY

'The darkness and the light wage a constant war within you. The balance is tipped one way now, but it can easily be tipped back...'

-Darth Malak-

Own: Initiate le v4 (Fire Orange) Dark Arbiter (Blazing Red)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »

Great review Darth Nevac!

Very thorough and informative.  Smiley  I don't own an Arbiter, but will totally look at them slightly differently now. Smiley

The TRI set-up is something I've yet to get for myself, but I've heard tale that it is extremely bright - and yours looks wonderfully so.  Shocked

I'm a bit confused by your blade type explanation though.  The Ultra Edge blades are the more opaque ones, and the non-Ultra Edge blades are the clearer ones.
At first, I only owned the UE ones, but finally tried a clearer one one one of my BR sabers, and WOW!

Yours - being the TRI cree BR - looks excellent regardless really.

-1 again. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »

Gorgeous lightsaber, MHS capable and Tri-BR awesomeness, thank you for the review and nice pictures. I find BR looks great in any type of blade, each kind giving off a slightly different hue. Congrats.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

Great Review, and congrats for your fantastic saber. You can also remove the neck, where the grenade grip is, but I think you need to have quick disconnects on the LED wires for that. Looks great, thanks for sharing your review and pics. -1 point.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »

That's a cool looking saber!  Point to you good sir!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »

Very nice. Think the others covered the points I would make.
Must admit I would like to delve further into this hilt.
Looking fot tri led setup on my next saber , as swaping out my one clear standard blade is a bit of a pain (I use mainly Blazing red).
Nice review point for you & your review. Smiley

Darth Nevac
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -33

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »

Thank you all, I am glad for your info and thoughts!  Smiley

I really am enjoying this saber and I look forward to customising it with different emitters and pommels in the future. I'll make sure to post photos of that!

'The darkness and the light wage a constant war within you. The balance is tipped one way now, but it can easily be tipped back...'

-Darth Malak-

Own: Initiate le v4 (Fire Orange) Dark Arbiter (Blazing Red)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 12:04:45 AM »

Really is a sweet looking saber. The powerhorse of the Sith sabers of Ultra Sabers next to the Bane that is of course Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »

Really is a sweet looking saber. The powerhorse of the Sith sabers of Ultra Sabers next to the Bane that is of course Tongue
You forgot to mention the Scorpion...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 04:04:43 PM »

Oh true and the Reaper as well. I saw one in person a few years ago out in Colorado, was my first ever Comic Con in Denver and didn't look as big as it does in videos and pictures so its just illusions really. Might be somewhat heavy but not BIG as were receiving how it might look through pictures and stuff. I thought that about the Bellicose years ago before I ordered it but then actually having it in hand I was like nah not too big of a saber Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 04:52:58 PM »

Oh true and the Reaper as well. I saw one in person a few years ago out in Colorado, was my first ever Comic Con in Denver and didn't look as big as it does in videos and pictures so its just illusions really. Might be somewhat heavy but not BIG as were receiving how it might look through pictures and stuff. I thought that about the Bellicose years ago before I ordered it but then actually having it in hand I was like nah not too big of a saber Tongue
The Raven too

My Lightsabers:

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »

Can I just point out the Big Daddy of Sith sabering : The Malice, Large Claws with 40 inch blade.
Of course I am biased. Tongue
This thing is like swinging a battle axe crossed with a Great Sword from the middle ages  Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »

That would be a sick Sith saber for sure. If you don't already have it go for it. I myself want to see this beastly sounding saber now too Tongue

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 07:31:42 PM »

Looks very nice, it almost resembles a thin neck.  Smiley

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 11:59:37 PM »