Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Activation Switch Replacement Video with wiring diagram  (Read 3529 times)
TelepathicTraffic
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

The DARK SIDE is calling.

« on: September 27, 2016, 01:44:23 AM »

Just a quick video of the swap out on a Dark Initiate switch. I'm not very electrically inclined, so I included the diagram for those as challenged as myself.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyj3bBgIeM&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyj3bBgIeM&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I think its ok.

STUNT SABERS ORDERED:
DARK SENTINEL LE V4 FO --- DARK INITIATE LE V3 BR --- DARK INITIATE LE V4 VA
INITIATE LE V4 AB --- APPRENTICE LE V4 GB --- DOMINIX LE V4 BR - PROPHECY V3 GB
APPRENTICE V4 SRD --- INITIATE LE V3 CG - PROPHECY - TRI CREE GB
ARCHON V3.1 OBSIDIAN LITE CG - DARK INITIATE FO

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 03:35:24 AM »

Hey TnT .  Great to see you back on the Forum.  This is a very helpful video and thanks for sharing.  The electrical diagram also is nice to have for easy reference.  Could you be more specific about the new switches and where they were purchased.  If I understand correctly, you just pressed it back into the same sized hole without using any kind of sealer.  Smiley

point  Cool

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

VERY nice video and helpful information.  I particularly like the wiring diagram.  As you said, it's hard to find the basic stunt wiring diagram.  There are diagrams for the more complex sound setups, but not so much for this one.  Even finding information on the correct resistor can be a challenge, so I thank you for putting that information right on the diagram.  Have a point for all this awesomeness. Grin

I want to try my hand at building a stunt saber soon, and you can believe I'm going to refer to your wiring diagram when I do it.

TelepathicTraffic
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »

Hi again folks.

I purchased the switches from the Ultrasabers site last time I did an order.
Yes I just pressed it back into the same hole.
Never considered sealer, not sure how they come from Ultrasabers.

I know the wiring diagram is super basic, but it does help to have a quick look.
When I pulled the saber apart it got all jammed up and I had to cut some wires on the way out so I got a bit confused.

STUNT SABERS ORDERED:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »

The guarded style switches are just press fit. (I've been doing research Wink)  I guess the nut is just for added security.  That and some places may not drill their holes so that the fit is quite as snug.  The AV switches are hot glued in.  From the look of some of my hilts, they just "pour" the glue in and let it run down and collect around the switch.

TelepathicTraffic
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 10:27:56 PM »

The guarded style switches are just press fit. (I've been doing research Wink)  I guess the nut is just for added security.  That and some places may not drill their holes so that the fit is quite as snug.  The AV switches are hot glued in.  From the look of some of my hilts, they just "pour" the glue in and let it run down and collect around the switch.

There was no glue in this hilt. It was super tight though, enough that made me think it had a nut on the back.

STUNT SABERS ORDERED:

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 07:35:50 AM »

hehe . . . . I thought that diagram looked familiar  Wink
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=29675.msg439661#msg439661

in the same thread, I also did a diagram for a stunt saber using Li-Ion & BuckPuck . . .

Points for a very helpful video TelepathicTraffic . . . +1  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »

There was no glue in this hilt. It was super tight though, enough that made me think it had a nut on the back.

Right.  As I said, they don't glue that style of switch.  Obviously, they fit tightly enough that neither glue or the nut are necessary.  Smiley

Only the AV switches get glued.  I guess that's easier than messing with the nut that comes with the AV switches.

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »

very cool vid telepathictraffic Smiley

it's a nightmare even trying to use the nut on an AV unless you've got a very MHS friendly hilt and luck out with switch location and where sections are lol. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 05:09:56 PM »

very cool vid telepathictraffic Smiley

it's a nightmare even trying to use the nut on an AV unless you've got a very MHS friendly hilt and luck out with switch location and where sections are lol. 

Yeah, I figured it was an available workspace issue.  I watched a YouTube how to on building a stunt with a guarded switch, and that looked fun enough.  And, that was with a removable emitter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: