Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69   Go Down
Author Topic: The Heart of the Republic: Coruscant  (Read 136443 times)
Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1005 on: February 05, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »

***Slavers***

As the woman insulted the men, the lead guard backhanded her across the face, sending her backward to land hard against the turbolift's wall. He then leaned in close, grabbing her by the throat before snarling, "You'll pay dearly for that, I'll make sure of it."

The turbolift slowed to a halt as they reached their destination, level 1313. "Now," the guard shouted in the woman's ear, "everyone off for processing!"

::Klae::

With a small cut on the inside of her lip, Klae grinned with bloody teeth,

"People pay for me remember?"

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1006 on: February 05, 2014, 10:56:47 PM »

***Slavers***

The guard hit the woman again, harder this time. People will pay once you've been broken. No one buys a slave that talks back, so we'll have to break you of that habit. Or," he added in a sinister tone, "we'll cut that tongue out and make sure you never talk back again. Now, MOVE!" He grabbed the woman by the shoulder the shoved her forward, out of the turbolift. As the group filed away, they failed to notice that the turbolift did not return to 1314, but instead went back to the docks level.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1007 on: February 05, 2014, 11:00:45 PM »

***Slavers***

The guard hit the woman again, harder this time. People will pay once you've been broken. No one buys a slave that talks back, so we'll have to break you of that habit. Or," he added in a sinister tone, "we'll cut that tongue out and make sure you never talk back again. Now, MOVE!" He grabbed the woman by the shoulder the shoved her forward, out of the turbolift. As the group filed away, they failed to notice that the turbolift did not return to 1314, but instead went back to the docks level.

Keeping her head up and walking confidently, Klae decided she'd pestered them enough - there was no need for her to become a mute just to satisfy a sick humor of hers... Looking around as the group filed forwards, she wondered what exactly she'd been caught in the middle of - what sort of clientele would be purchasing these men and women.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1008 on: February 05, 2014, 11:13:54 PM »

***Slavers***

As the woman finally smartened up and kept her mouth shut, the guards fell silent as well and simply marched down several corridors toward their processing base. After several minutes of walking in silence, watching their charges, the guards called a stop. The leader strode up to a large, rust covered door, and knocked heavily on it in a coded sequence. Suddenly, the door shrieked as it opened into a darkened room. The man shouted again, "Get inside! You'll be divided up based on purpose and...looks."

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1009 on: February 05, 2014, 11:22:12 PM »

***Slavers***

As the woman finally smartened up and kept her mouth shut, the guards fell silent as well and simply marched down several corridors toward their processing base. After several minutes of walking in silence, watching their charges, the guards called a stop. The leader strode up to a large, rust covered door, and knocked heavily on it in a coded sequence. Suddenly, the door shrieked as it opened into a darkened room. The man shouted again, "Get inside! You'll be divided up based on purpose and...looks."

Tucking away the sequence of the knock, Klae filed in with the others, some of them whimpering or sobbing openly - others foolishly protesting and getting harsh reprimands. Once inside, Klae found a corner and slipped off the one cuff she'd unlocked, zipping up her jacket hoping to hide her womanly form behind her loose cargo pants and utility jacket. Sitting down, with her back in the corner, she relaxed - her mind churning as to the possible escape plans. She would wait to replace her cuff and her hands behind her back until the men came back - even with a large group of slaves, there was no way she would be able to free and save them all - besides she wasn't a hero, not like Lucien - she was just paid for heroic jobs. With a frown, she allowed her thoughts to wander, not wanting to think about the possibility that she wouldn't see him again, or the others...

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #1010 on: February 06, 2014, 12:05:30 AM »

***Bela Kiwiiks***

Again, the Councilor sighed. It was such a pity that this judge had thrown away his career rather than ensuring that S'evid had been imprisoned immediately. "Of course, your honour. We will ensure that this spy's efforts are frustrated and he is ended. Farewell and may the Force be with you."

With those words spoken, the Togruta turned on her heel and said, "Come along, Rhavana. It's time we find this spy and save the Republic."

Rhavana nodded, she didn't like that conversation she had just heard, as they left the chambers she said in a low voice, "Did I understand correctly? You're killing him?" she asked.

The Council
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 18

The Council of the Jedi Order

« Reply #1011 on: February 06, 2014, 04:03:28 PM »

***Bela Kiwiiks***

As the two women left the judge's office and walked through the courtroom, Master Kiwiiks shook her head before saying, "Only if absolutely necessary. As Jedi, we do not seek to kill as anything other than the last effort. It is his career and attempts to overthrow the Republic that will be ended. If however, there is no other option, then yes, we must be prepared to fight to the death. Remember, Rhavana, that we are to be prepared for any eventuality though we do not seek death or battle."

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1012 on: February 06, 2014, 04:21:03 PM »

Tucking away the sequence of the knock, Klae filed in with the others, some of them whimpering or sobbing openly - others foolishly protesting and getting harsh reprimands. Once inside, Klae found a corner and slipped off the one cuff she'd unlocked, zipping up her jacket hoping to hide her womanly form behind her loose cargo pants and utility jacket. Sitting down, with her back in the corner, she relaxed - her mind churning as to the possible escape plans. She would wait to replace her cuff and her hands behind her back until the men came back - even with a large group of slaves, there was no way she would be able to free and save them all - besides she wasn't a hero, not like Lucien - she was just paid for heroic jobs. With a frown, she allowed her thoughts to wander, not wanting to think about the possibility that she wouldn't see him again, or the others...

***Slavers***

Before the room of slaves could begin to get settled or to learn much about their surroundings, three doors slowly opened on the far wall. From each of the rooms, well dressed men entered the crowded room. They moved throughout the group of bound, captured slaves, examining each slave in turn. It wasn't clear exactly what they were looking for, as they looked at teeth, faces, forms, and felt for muscles. As they waded through the crowd, they marked each person with a number between one and three, and ordered them to enter one of the three doors.

One of the men, a short man with scaly skin, walked up to a woman sitting in the corner. After following the routine, checking teeth, face, body, and muscles, he stamped a two on the woman's neck and spoke simply, "Middle door. Go." He then turned his attention back to the others and continued sorting them.

**************************************************************************************************************************

***Torque***

Slowly and carefully, the soldier moved out of the turbolift and began exploring level 1313. Whatever the level had been intended for, it had somehow become a place of scum, villainy, and filth. On walls and ground, blood and other filth could be seen splattered about. Somewhere on this level, the General's woman had been taken. How was he to find her though? As Torque listened and watched, he heard the turbolift open again. He hid behind a corner and watched, noticing a group of slavers. He quickly determined to follow them in hopes that they might lead him to other unsavoury types; perhaps even those who had chased after the woman.

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1013 on: February 06, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

***Slavers***

Before the room of slaves could begin to get settled or to learn much about their surroundings, three doors slowly opened on the far wall. From each of the rooms, well dressed men entered the crowded room. They moved throughout the group of bound, captured slaves, examining each slave in turn. It wasn't clear exactly what they were looking for, as they looked at teeth, faces, forms, and felt for muscles. As they waded through the crowd, they marked each person with a number between one and three, and ordered them to enter one of the three doors.

One of the men, a short man with scaly skin, walked up to a woman sitting in the corner. After following the routine, checking teeth, face, body, and muscles, he stamped a two on the woman's neck and spoke simply, "Middle door. Go." He then turned his attention back to the others and continued sorting them.

Having locked her hands behind her once more, Klae grudgingly stood in line for the middle door. As she actively scanned the room - trying to gain any upper hand on these slavers - Klae noticed a wide eyed little girl crouched against the wall, clutching a dirty and well-loved flutterplume dolly. The smuggler could just hear what she was crying over the general chaos of the terrified sentients, a plaintive cry for her mother - like a lullaby to herself while tears flowed down her grimy face in rivulets.

Klae's brows furrowed, teeth clenched as she was urged forward, through the doorway - there had to be some way she could get even some of these people out of here. A slave's life was no way for anyone to eke out an existence.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1014 on: February 06, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »

Each of the rooms that the slaves were being shuffled through were for a specific purpose. Once all people had been divided up and sent to their proper doors, the rusted doors screamed hauntingly closed. Once the doors were closed, the slaves realized that the room was dark, warm, and damp. In each of the rooms, there was a steady dripping from somewhere overhead.

Suddenly, from the first room, screams were heard. After a few moments, the screams were silenced, and the sound of pounding water could be heard as walls and floors were hosed down.

In the second room, the lights flashed on, revealing the walls and floor to be covered in grime and mildew. A voice came over a speaker set in the ceiling, high above the gathered, nervous slaves. "You've been spared to be house slaves. You will cater to every whim of your new masters; EVERY whim. But first, you get cleaned."

High pressure water poured down from sprinklers in the ceiling, soaking each person until the water reached their knees. Then, the water was slowly drained away before a door in the far end of the room was opened, revealing another darkened room. Again, the voice was heard. "Move into the next room before we give you the Room One treatment."

Aletani
Knight Commander

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1015 on: February 06, 2014, 05:04:53 PM »

With an exasperated huff, Klae took the drenching 'shower' like a feral sand panther getting a bath,

"Oh, For Kark's Sake! Dreadlocks aren't supposed to get wet - kriffing scum..." grumbling under her breath as they moved like a herd of nerfs into the next room. Shaking her jacket to get the excess water off of it, Klae then started wringing out her thick cords of dark hair - making sure her antenepalps were still hidden completely, she would most likely be treated less favorably if they discovered she was an alien - not a human. Prejudice made it's way through every level of society, she'd learned that as a child.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1016 on: February 06, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »

As the occupants of the shower room moved into the next darkened room, the lights snapped on, revealing cots that were little more than simple slabs. What mattresses were present were stained, foul-smelling, and so thin that the metal bars that composed the frame could easily be seen through the mattresses. There were no blankets, pillows, or anything needed for typical comfort.

After the last member of the group filed into their new, temporary home, the door to the shower room slammed shut, trapping them inside. Again, the disembodied voice came over a hidden communicator, "Get some sleep. Your testing and training begins in the morning. If you fail, you die." When the voice died out, so did the lights, leaving the new slaves in total darkness to grope for an empty bed.

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #1017 on: February 06, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »

***Bela Kiwiiks***

As the two women left the judge's office and walked through the courtroom, Master Kiwiiks shook her head before saying, "Only if absolutely necessary. As Jedi, we do not seek to kill as anything other than the last effort. It is his career and attempts to overthrow the Republic that will be ended. If however, there is no other option, then yes, we must be prepared to fight to the death. Remember, Rhavana, that we are to be prepared for any eventuality though we do not seek death or battle."

Rhavana nodded, "thank you for the clarification," they continued to walk, "I'm not opposed to fighting, I just wanted to make sure that you weren't talking about ending his life unnecessarily." She almost wished she had brought Lucien's saber with her, or her sniper rifle. She felt naked without any form of defense, "if there is a fight, what do you want me to do?" she asked, "I don't exactly have anything to defend with."

The Council
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 18

The Council of the Jedi Order

« Reply #1018 on: February 06, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »

***Bela Kiwiiks***

The Togruta looked down at the Chiss as they walked toward the nearest speeder rental place. The judge had given a general search location for S'evid, and they would need to track him down before he discovered that his cover was blown.

Master Kiwiiks spoke quickly but calmly, "I understand that you want to learn to control your abilities and that you feel trepidation when considering mental touches. If you are unable to do so, I understand and will do something else. But, do you think you can touch S'evid's mind when we reach him and keep him calm or at least distracted enough that we can take him into custody without bloodshed?"

reiperx
Knight Commander

« Reply #1019 on: February 07, 2014, 12:12:57 AM »

***Bela Kiwiiks***

The Togruta looked down at the Chiss as they walked toward the nearest speeder rental place. The judge had given a general search location for S'evid, and they would need to track him down before he discovered that his cover was blown.

Master Kiwiiks spoke quickly but calmly, "I understand that you want to learn to control your abilities and that you feel trepidation when considering mental touches. If you are unable to do so, I understand and will do something else. But, do you think you can touch S'evid's mind when we reach him and keep him calm or at least distracted enough that we can take him into custody without bloodshed?"

Rhavana looked at her, "possibly, I reached out and touched his mind before, on Voss," she said, almost feeling ashamed for admitting that she probed him, "he seems to have developed," she thought for a second to think of the word, "resistance, kind of like a duracrete wall around his mind. Most people, pushing into their mind is like pressing my hand through water, very easy. Some may be a slightly thicker film, but people like him, and one of the security guards for CorSec, they are like duracrete. Although I think I have a way past that, potentially, maybe, well, I don't know. I've not tried it. But my will... the force, I reach out with it like my hand, its soft and delicate and goes through the film effortlessly, if I can reshape that into a hammer, or a point, or anything else, I may be able to break the defenses," she said, not knowing if anything she talked about made any sense to the Jedi. She wasn't sure if her view and usage of her will was similar to the usage of the Jedi's. "But I will definitely try to keep him distracted, if he's dangerous, then we need to make sure he isn't able to hurt anyone."

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: