Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Story of your Name  (Read 43700 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« on: September 29, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »

I've been curious as to other members came up with their names/handle. The Siths, in particular.

I, myself, came up with mine taking the first 2 letters of my full name. The 5, well, I must've hit it while I was typing Majobu and saved it with the 5.

Interested in hearing from all of you!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:17:18 AM »

Ok I know I'm a Jedi but here's how I got my name. Last December I celebrated a milestone birthday and as such my cruel family started poking fun at me, reminding me I was old. This "annoyed" me and when they left I just sat repeating the words "my Fortieth, my Fortieth,". As I repeated it I slowed my speech and Fortieth stretched out and sounded like "For...Tieth....FOR TYETH" It sounded like a Star Wars type name and so I adopted my new identity.

And my birthday? I spent it watching an opening day showing of The Force Awakens as a new Jedi!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:27:38 AM »

Ok I know I'm a Jedi but here's how I got my name. Last December I celebrated a milestone birthday and as such my cruel family started poking fun at me, reminding me I was old. This "annoyed" me and when they left I just sat repeating the words "my Fortieth, my Fortieth,". As I repeated it I slowed my speech and Fortieth stretched out and sounded like "For...Tieth....FOR TYETH" It sounded like a Star Wars type name and so I adopted my new identity.

And my birthday? I spent it watching an opening day showing of The Force Awakens as a new Jedi!

That's awesome dude! Creative part, not the poking fun part. Very interesting. Point for being the first one to chime in!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 01:34:01 AM »

Not much of a story. I wanted to scramble the letters in my name into something SW sounding, and this is what I came up with.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:35:22 AM »

Mine came from my misguided youth when I thought to be a science fiction writer. One of the Main characters I created was named Hansrad and it's one I've used a lot since.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:36:44 AM »

Mine's the name of the villain from one of my favorite Spider-Man issues.

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 01:41:45 AM »

Not much of a story. I wanted to scramble the letters in my name into something SW sounding, and this is what I came up with.

We think sort of alike.. fist point!

Mine came from my misguided youth when I thought to be a science fiction writer. One of the Main characters I created was named Hansrad and it's one I've used a lot since.

Is this a mashup of other words? I've written stories as well and some of the names are backwards words, mashup of certain stores

Mine's the name of the villain from one of my favorite Spider-Man issues.
Nice!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 02:05:04 AM »

I just came up with it out of the blue. No rhyme or reason, no inspiration. It just came to me.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 02:09:35 AM »

My first name is Cameron, and at the time my Star Wars DnD character had a padawan, so I looked up "Master" in a bunch of languages. Eventually I landed on Kurios which is Latin for master.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 02:10:13 AM »

I just like Samhain and The Misfits.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 02:38:07 AM »

Tepes is Romanian for "Impaler".  It was the nickname given to Vlad Dracula (after his death) to highlight his favored form of execution. I love history, especially history that people think they know but don't...Vlad falls into that.  I actually greatly admire him as in a time when other rulers were bowing down he stood up to a more powerful enemy.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 02:58:46 AM »

Nice guys! Well, I guess Jev's reasoning is ok. It just comes to you sometimes. Good insight

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 07:05:20 PM »

I came up with my name while creating a Jedi Consular in "The Old Republic". My Jedi Knight (and the first character I made there) was named after a stellar phenomenon (or rather an anagram of it - don't ask me how I came up with it, I don't know Cheesy) which I also used as my SWTOR account name (also an anagram, but spelled differently)...yeah, and so I did the same with my Consular - also an anagram, but for better pronunciation, I replaced one letter Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 03:51:55 PM »

Rina is my real name, and Ascura is a last name I invented for my SW persona. It is derived from the Latin word obscura, which means both dark and obscure. Dark because my character has a history with the Dark Side, obscure because she's non-canon and therefore not present in the "official" history of the galaxy, therefore, obscure.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »

Rina is my real name, and Ascura is a last name I invented for my SW persona. It is derived from the Latin word obscura, which means both dark and obscure. Dark because my character has a history with the Dark Side, obscure because she's non-canon and therefore not present in the "official" history of the galaxy, therefore, obscure.

I figured Ascura was Latin derived. Very cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: