Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Author Topic: Story of your Name  (Read 44046 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:01 PM »

I was at Star Wars weekends at Walt Disney World and you could make custom Star Wars nametags. I wanted it to have Jedi Master Danger but they wouldn't put a real word that wasn't a name on the badge. So I flipped the letters and Ger-Dan was born: Which I actually like better because it has a similar flair to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and just sounds more like a Jedi name.
Awesomeness (Wink) Jedi Ger-Dan!

I like that. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2017, 04:24:07 PM »

Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a Sci-Fi fan. And of all the things labeled under Sci-Fi, I like Star Wars and Gundam the most. It’s also close enough to my real name that if you shouted it across a room, I’d respond without thinking.
Yeah already had that pegged. Tongue Tongue What I want to know is why you wouldn't have leaned more to the DS considering your namesake was a member of the Zabi family?

For the record, it was Delores.
And she was spectacular. Shocked Shocked Shocked Tongue

Because Knox sounded cool and badass. Little did I know that there was already a member on the forum by the name of Nox. She is a grey Jedi though, so I didn't think there would be any issues mistaking us. How wrong I was. Despite her being a woman and our profile pictures looking nothing alike, she apparently received loads of PMs meant for me. However, some time last year she changed her name to Noctis to prevent further confusion.
That's only because people are too lazy to take the time to figure the difference between Jedi Nox and Darth Nox. Angry

007?
No, the other one.

I was at Star Wars weekends at Walt Disney World and you could make custom Star Wars nametags. I wanted it to have Jedi Master Danger but they wouldn't put a real word that wasn't a name on the badge. So I flipped the letters and Ger-Dan was born: Which I actually like better because it has a similar flair to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and just sounds more like a Jedi name.
I like it. Simple and to the point.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2017, 04:28:08 PM »

That's only because people are too lazy to take the time to figure the difference between Jedi Nox and Darth Nox. Angry
I think you mean Darth Knox (not Nox). See? Mistakes can happen! lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »

No, the other one.

This one?

(smarty pants)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »

This one?
(smarty pants)
Not quite. I meant this one

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:39 PM »

I think you mean Darth Knox (not Nox). See? Mistakes can happen! lol Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You said you wanted Nox, but switched it to Knox, because she already used Nox. In either case, there was ample difference to tell the two of you apart.

This one?

(smarty pants)

Haven't seen it. So now you're just killing the joke. Sad

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:16 PM »

You said you wanted Nox, but switched it to Knox, because she already used Nox. In either case, there was ample difference to tell the two of you apart.

I actually said I didn't know there was a Nox when i chose my name. Didn't say I wanted Nox. But I understand your misinterpretation. I could understand others making the mistake too if it wasn't for the fact that our profile pics couldn't have been any different. I mean, I've got horns and everything. And, well, she doesn't. LOL

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Yeah already had that pegged. Tongue Tongue What I want to know is why you wouldn't have leaned more to the DS considering your namesake was a member of the Zabi family?

Hey, I only liked two Zabis. The one that wasn’t afraid to go out there and do it himself. And the sane one, which if they were a jedi would definitely be gray. Just because they were “something worse” than a terrorist doesn’t mean that they didn’t care about the well being of others.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »

Hey, I only liked two Zabis. The one that wasn’t afraid to go out there and do it himself. And the sane one, which if they were a jedi would definitely be gray. Just because they were “something worse” than a terrorist doesn’t mean that they didn’t care about the well being of others.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »

What ever. You were just the designated ugly fat friend. Tongue

With beer?

Those too

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »

I actually said I didn't know there was a Nox when i chose my name. Didn't say I wanted Nox. But I understand your misinterpretation. I could understand others making the mistake too if it wasn't for the fact that our profile pics couldn't have been any different. I mean, I've got horns and everything. And, well, she doesn't. LOL
Sorry, must have misread. But yeah......details people.

You're going to have to be more specific. I respected Dozel's dedication and Garma's loyalty. The others got what they had coming.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: