Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: dark Bastila (long term work in progress)  (Read 1809 times)
BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« on: September 29, 2016, 01:10:46 AM »

I know I mentioned that for my next cosplay I'm going to the dark side and that I'm getting a big badass staff, but I don't think I ever said what exactly I'm working on.  Backstory: as a teen obsessed with KotOR I pieced together a crappy Bastila cosplay, and I've been wanting to do her right for a few years now.  Fast forward to Dragon*Con and the drunken conversation I had with some friends, and I decided it would be even cooler do do dark side Bastila...but not like in the game when they just put her in generic dark Jedi robes, like I'm re-designing her outfit.  Most likely just doing a different color palate: dark red body suit, black for the leather parts, probably going to work some Swarovski crystals in there somehow because come on it's me.

So far, I've started mapping out how to piece together the leather bits (her outfit is so complicated!) and styling the wig (neats a lot of tidying up!).  It will be a while before I can do more, as I've had some unexpected expenses.  That's ok, I'm still making up my mind on how I want to do things.

ps sorry for any weird typos, the kitten is trying to help me type.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

Project_alien
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -97

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:19:58 AM »

Cool. You going to give her a yellow colored staff saber?

In order to defeat the fear, I have become the fear.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:45:56 AM »

Hi BlingedJedi,

I have just compared your picture with other Bastila Shan pics online and the likeness is going to be great (the way the hairstyle frames your face looks very similar) Regarding the crystals, you could attach one as a stud or button in the centre of each panel of the leather tabbards (in your picture there appears to be pins stuck in the places I mean). I will be interested to see the finished costume.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 03:11:23 AM »

I look forward to seeing this come together!

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:30:32 AM »

Very nice.  KOTOR is an awesome game, possibly my favorite of all time.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with this costume.

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 11:19:26 PM »

Cool. You going to give her a yellow colored staff saber?

Nah, I'm going red.  Full darkside, baby!  The yellow one in my wishlist is from when I was still thinking of cosplaying regular Bastila, it's out of date.  In fact, there are even more on my wishlist I still need to add!

Hi BlingedJedi,

I have just compared your picture with other Bastila Shan pics online and the likeness is going to be great (the way the hairstyle frames your face looks very similar) Regarding the crystals, you could attach one as a stud or button in the centre of each panel of the leather tabbards (in your picture there appears to be pins stuck in the places I mean). I will be interested to see the finished costume.

The designs on her tabards are even more complicated that what I sletched out, plenty of room to work in crsytals.  I'm thinking of keeping it more subtle (me? sublet?)  and sticking with black jet ones.

I'm also pondering what to do for the bodysuit.  Option 1: make it from scratch...but  I hate sewing stretchy stuff, and my machine handles it badly.  Options 2: buy it, but I haven't yet found one in a shade of red I like.  Option 3: dye one.  I've found some with a high enough cotton content to take regular Rit dye...but I hate dying things.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
yellow phantasm initiate

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »

It sounds like it will be very cool looking. Option 2 seems to be the easiest , hope you find what you are looking for.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 11:51:36 PM »

It sounds like it will be very cool looking. Option 2 seems to be the easiest , hope you find what you are looking for.  Can't wait to see the final product.

Yeah, that's how I'm leaning, but so far I've only been able to find 'em in bright stop sign red, and I really want a nice, deep red.  I'm picky.

And then since I suck at decisions and have too many ideas part of me wants to put this on hiatus to work on some cool stuff form SWTOR, and part of me want to just be like "screw it" and make something cool and Sith-y and glittery entirely from my own imagination.  All I know is that it will involve a badass red saberstaff with Swarovski crystals on it.

Eh, it's gonna be a while before I can throw more money at this, and I'm not going to any cons until the summer, so I have time to think about.  No rush over here.

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
yellow phantasm initiate

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 12:30:10 AM »

I agree, the deep dark red sounds perfect so take your time and get the color you really want. In the end you will be much happier with it than settling for something else. Good luck and MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: