Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Buying from the UK? What I can share on the subject!  (Read 4297 times)
Big Mackintosh
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

There is no light or dark; only the force.

« on: September 29, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

I, like many I've met at cons, have been on the fence about Ultrasabers as I am a UK resident and more often than not our imports will get hit by hefty customs charges and long wait times for even the note to pay the charges to come. Well last week I figured screw it, I'll dive over the fence and see what happens! I bought a Bellicose in consular green with the Obsidian lite board and a few other bells and whistles. In total with postage it was $246. Given customs begin at £18 I was sure this would get hit. But it didn't.

Ultrasabers sent my saber via Fedex, who's postal charges were inclusive of customs. They cut the middle man out altogether! What would have otherwise been a 3-4 week wait was 5 days (it was ordered Friday the 23rd but only posted on Sunday the 25th, today is the 29th).

So if you're in the UK and are considering buying an Ultrasaber, I say GO FOR IT! The only thing you have to lose is the opportunity to own one.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 01:59:54 PM »

Great story, have a Light Side point.  UltraSabers ships worldwide, so they have it all figured out.  From what I've read, they used to use UPS, but they were making a mess of International orders, so they go exclusively with FedEx now.  FedEx is definitely a quick and efficient operation.  I'm amazed at how quickly they get my sabers to me with ground shipping VS the postal service or UPS.  It's worth the money for sure.  Incidentally, you're one of the few people who has actually praised FedEx's International rate.  Wink

Big Mackintosh
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »

Incidentally, you're one of the few people who has actually praised FedEx's International rate.  Wink

Well it costs as much to ship overseas anyway, roughly £15 which works out $22. Customs would normally rank up double that, so the way I see it I saved money ^^

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -83

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

you may get a letter from FedEx with the charges. It usually comes through a few days after delivery.

Probably be about £20.. Also, the value of the saber is listed at $50 on the documents hence why the charges are cheap.

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

tomfoyle
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 47

Play that same song!

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 11:10:40 AM »

you may get a letter from FedEx with the charges. It usually comes through a few days after delivery.

Yep this is my experience too. I think it depends how lucky you are. I have made 3 orders to the UK and had to pay customs on 2 of them.

Big Mackintosh
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 05:04:56 PM »

Yep this is my experience too. I think it depends how lucky you are. I have made 3 orders to the UK and had to pay customs on 2 of them.

Well I'd rather have it this way anyway ^^ getting the thing and paying the charge later is way better than waiting weeks on end to have to go pick it up from a depot 18 miles away.

Big Mackintosh
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 05:51:44 PM »

Probably be about £20.. Also, the value of the saber is listed at $50 on the documents hence why the charges are cheap.

Right you were, sir. One week after receiving my saber I got a letter with charges for £19.61 exactly. Can be paid by postal order cheque or over the phone. For the sake of a phonebill I'll just send the cheque to them.

Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -83

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »

Right you were, sir. One week after receiving my saber I got a letter with charges for £19.61 exactly. Can be paid by postal order cheque or over the phone. For the sake of a phonebill I'll just send the cheque to them.

No problem..

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: