Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Premium Kylo-Ren Soundfont (Straight from the movie!)  (Read 18518 times)
Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« on: September 29, 2016, 06:27:44 PM »

This is a free premium soundfont with sounds straight from the movie with HD audio. I spent a long time cutting out sounds and add things such as: fading in, fading out, amplifying, and adding the hum noise to each swing/clash sound for a more immersive sounding font. I have made many soundfonts before, but never uploaded them. After not being satisfied with previous free Kylo-Ren soundfonts, I decided to take the time to make my own. Keep in mind that there are still a few fixes that need to be made here and there but I will post an updated version as soon as those changes are made. A few sounds from other Kylo-Ren fonts were used (I'll see if I can find the links for those), but the majority of them are 100% custom by me :) Please let me know of any link problems because I'll be looking for replies! :D

HERE IT IS --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ri6741ftwwa49w/AACM_Pq1JQlkNPSm4vfAxyU-a?dl=0

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:12:05 PM »

This is a free premium soundfont with sounds straight from the movie with HD audio. I spent a long time cutting out sounds and add things such as: fading in, fading out, amplifying, and adding the hum noise to each swing/clash sound for a more immersive sounding font. I have made many soundfonts before, but never uploaded them. After not being satisfied with previous free Kylo-Ren soundfonts, I decided to take the time to make my own. Keep in mind that there are still a few fixes that need to be made here and there but I will post an updated version as soon as those changes are made. A few sounds from other Kylo-Ren fonts were used (I'll see if I can find the links for those), but the majority of them are 100% custom by me Smiley Please let me know of any link problems because I'll be looking for replies! Cheesy

Here's the Soundfont ---> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ri6741ftwwa49w/AACM_Pq1JQlkNPSm4vfAxyU-a?dl=0

Here is the other soundfont by FoxTrotte. NOTE: My soundfont used only Hits 1 through 6 and were edited to have the correct humming sound in the background (all other sound are by me Smiley Thanks to FoxTrotte for the inspiration and the 6 Hit sounds! (The link to the original soundfont by FoxTrotte is untouched).

FoxTrotte's Kylo-Ren Soundfont (not mine) --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dXF8CaUdH6LVhUdHNPQlQxLTQ

BJWagner
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »

Thanks for this.

Both you and FoxTrotte have made the first 24 hours with my new saber quite exciting!

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:03:33 PM »

BJWagner,

I'm glad you like it Smiley FIY I've added a better trailer power on sound and another boot sound: Power On 5 (trailer).wav and Boot 3 The dark side.wav - If you want it just go back to the dropbox link and download the power on files or just download the whole thing again. I'll let you know if I ever change/improve any of the sounds again. Thanks for enjoying my soundfont!!! Grin

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 02:26:46 PM »

This is a solid font. It's really good. If I can make one suggestion, but I don't know if it's possible, but I have picked up on some of the background noise from the movie in a couple of files. In your hum, at about the 4.5/6 second mark, there seems to be some sort of a howl like wind or perhaps music that is audible. Can this be removed, or can the hum be shortened?

Also, in lockup 1, you can hear a lot of grunting throughout. I do plan to install this font on my saber, but I do prefer to have just the sound of the saber without the movie noise. I'm not sure if I'm alone on this or not.

Is it possible to adjust those?

Either way, point. I see you have a DS point. Is that what you prefer?

Also, since I have installed it, I've noticed there is a slight gap where the hum stops and restarts. Can that be smoothed out?

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 04:04:28 PM »

I wish their was some guide on how to isolate or mixed down the grunting and/or music ,then I'd be able to edit sound fonts like this,but I'll guess some research will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad your enjoying the soundfont and giving me suggestions on how to further improve it! I have fixed the humming gap noise and added two "grunt" free lockup sounds (there both pretty short but still sound great), also I've added two new swing sounds, made the stabbing lockup sound longer for a drimatic silent effect, and a brand new Power On fx that sounds amazing!(kylo ren killing the old man at the village)

HERE IT IS ---> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ri6741ftwwa49w/AACM_Pq1JQlkNPSm4vfAxyU-a?dl=0

Sadly, I could not fix the howling sound in the hum, of course I haven't tried very hard yet but I know its possible, it may make the humming noise sound a little repetitive :(

I'll keep improving the font with things like removing the howling sound and making the hit sounds a bit shorter for a more instant response.

I never planned on this being a public soundfont, thus I didn't worry about the small details such as the grunting noise in the lockup or the howling noise in the hum (which I kind of like :)

Keep leaving suggestions and my the force be with you!!!

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 06:00:18 PM »

Landen Se-Sentien can you explain what you meant by, "Either way, point. I see you have a DS point. Is that what you prefer?"

What do you mean by DS, is it a rating/rep for your profile or somthing?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

If you look below your name, you'll see something that says, "Force Alignment: -1." That means someone has given you a Dark Side (DS) point.

Points here are a way we show appreciation for what others have done. They're kind of like thumbs ups on FB, likes on Twitter, and so on. Dark Side points move you in a negative direction, while Light Side points move you in a positive direction. Either way, it's someone saying they appreciate what you've done. My guess is that you got a DS point based on the fact that you made a Kylo Ren font. If you'd prefer to have LS points, let us know, because a positive count will generally continue to get you LS points, and vice versa for a negative point total.

It has no bearing on status or anything like that. It's just a fun way for us to show some love and appreciation here.

Personally, I don't mind a hum that repeats more frequently. I do love, love, love the length of the hum you made, but that howl just seems out of place. But that's me. It's tough when you make it public, because then everyone wants it to meet their tastes. I'd keep all the files as part of the font, that way people can make their own. With the howl/grunts or without. I also really like how you've named the files to let us know what to expect and where you pulled it from. I'll check out the gapping issue tonight when I'm at home. Thanks for looking I to it.

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 09:48:42 PM »

Landen Se-Sentien,

Thanks for that positive well worded explanation! I know I'll be able to make the humming noise work just fine without the howl, and maybe even extend it so it's not constantly repeating.

Thanks for the continued support and yes, I think I do prefer Darkside points >Smiley

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 10:12:05 PM »

Well, then have a -1 on me.

Just my 2 cents. I wouldn't adjust the length of the hum, because if the file gets too big, it cuts down the number of swings and clashes we can insert.

The way you have it now, I did the lockup from the other KR font, and I took out one swing of yours. Everything else was yours and able to fit with a little bit of space to spare.

That's part of why I love it. It's accurate. I have power up, power down, and lockup choices so it won't sound identical to someone else's saber, and there are a lot of different swings and clash sounds. All this with a hum that once it smooths out isn't overly repetitive like I've heard some fonts be. I think a good time is about 6-10 seconds, and I think yours was about 9 (correct me if I'm wrong).

Again, just my opinion.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

I just put this font on my V3 equipped Flamberge to replace the blu ray rip Kylo ren font that I made. I like the variety and clashes, very powerful. Good stuff

blackcat092
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 10:46:36 AM »

I just put this font on my V3 equipped Flamberge to replace the blu ray rip Kylo ren font that I made. I like the variety and clashes, very powerful. Good stuff
I am making a hybrid with yours and Arbiter's.
Thank you very much from Spain for your work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: