Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 2016 Force Friday Fun!  (Read 5535 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 03:35:55 AM »

A friend at work loved your killing Geoffrey gif, by the way. Cheesy

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 10:34:15 AM »

You know, according to an employee at my local TRU they actually had only 5 people show up for Force Friday at midnight.  Last year the shelves were empty but this year they were still fully stocked. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

You know, according to an employee at my local TRU they actually had only 5 people show up for Force Friday at midnight.  Last year the shelves were empty but this year they were still fully stocked. 

Rogue One won't be as big, nor is it being marketed that well just yet. I still think it will be a solid entry into the franchise, though.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

The store I work in is being remodeled, so not much other than that is getting a lot of attention.  There were big covered features out in the store Thursday before I left.  Yesterday, the covers were off.  That's about it.  Dunno how many people were there at midnight, because I only work until 11.

I'm just glad they didn't bring back the 4 foot Vaders this year.  Those things didn't sell last year and were in the friggin' way.  Plus, I saw a lot of them wind up in the back in claims, where we put damaged stuff in our store, because the lightsaber blades broke off of most of them. Roll Eyes

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:24 PM »

The store I work in is being remodeled, so not much other than that is getting a lot of attention.  There were big covered features out in the store Thursday before I left.  Yesterday, the covers were off.  That's about it.  Dunno how many people were there at midnight, because I only work until 11.

I'm just glad they didn't bring back the 4 foot Vaders this year.  Those things didn't sell last year and were in the friggin' way.  Plus, I saw a lot of them wind up in the back in claims, where we put damaged stuff in our store, because the lightsaber blades broke off of most of them. Roll Eyes

Those actually sold really well on Force Friday last year..I got one.  I dunno how many were returned though since mine is still intact.  One thing was there were no new Black Series this year at my TRU

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 04:15:53 PM »

Let me tell you guys.  One guy ran in and grabbed every single new black series figure off the shelf while everyone was walking in and taking pictures with us.  Glad I was able to grab what I wanted before the doors opened.

The biggest complaint was that Funko products were advertised (not just by us and we certainly didnt promote them locally).  We did in fact have products, the t shirts.  That's it.  People wanted the new Rebels pops and the Rogue One set.

We had about 10 people, and the new ships sold well.  I told the manager that when we  opened.  The ships and Black series are all anyone's going to buy.  I was hoping for a Kanan BS hilt.  I was also shocked no one bought the BS Stormtrooper helmet or the ridiculous flying Melinnium Falcon that was $300.  It was huge and fit Han and Chewie inside!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »

Let me tell you guys.  One guy ran in and grabbed every single new black series figure off the shelf while everyone was walking in and taking pictures with us.  Glad I was able to grab what I wanted before the doors opened.

The biggest complaint was that Funko products were advertised (not just by us and we certainly didnt promote them locally).  We did in fact have products, the t shirts.  That's it.  People wanted the new Rebels pops and the Rogue One set.

We had about 10 people, and the new ships sold well.  I told the manager that when we  opened.  The ships and Black series are all anyone's going to buy.  I was hoping for a Kanan BS hilt.  I was also shocked no one bought the BS Stormtrooper helmet or the ridiculous flying Melinnium Falcon that was $300.  It was huge and fit Han and Chewie inside!

That's good that there is some buzz. I remember last year, my local Walmart was packed to the gills with TFA stuff. A few days later, and there was hardly anything.

I think most hardcore SW fans are excited for Rogue One. I know I am, but I think most casual SW fans will see it, but they won't be as excited as the previous films.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 05:22:37 PM »

Yeah, that guy who grabbed all of the Black Series figures probably plans to sell them online at a markup.  Roll Eyes Oh well, they're still sales for your store.

Based on what I saw last night, we definitely didn't have that kind of action.  Though, we do have the Funko Pop bobble heads. Wink

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »

That's good that there is some buzz. I remember last year, my local Walmart was packed to the gills with TFA stuff. A few days later, and there was hardly anything.

I think most hardcore SW fans are excited for Rogue One. I know I am, but I think most casual SW fans will see it, but they won't be as excited as the previous films.

I dunno, I am far from a casual fan but Rogue One isn't high on my to see list.  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: