Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best first saber? Prophecy v3 vs Sentinel v4  (Read 5776 times)
Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 11:02:15 AM »

Alright guys I'm going for it haha, not saving for flash on clash so might as well!
I agree with Canterbury. I bought my first, a Sentinel with TRI CG and its amazing, but I still hadn't tried the FoC yet until I won my Guardian in the last raffle, it was GB with silver flash on clash, and although it's cool, I prefer the extra brightness and fullness of the blade with the TRI cree. All my next sabers will be with TRI colors, unless I get a VA or forum color...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 11:08:57 AM »

Talking about the Sentinel, I love it so much that I have plans of getting all versions of it in the future, after I get a premium or higher end saber. A dark le in TRI GB, a silver le in VA (Canterbury's BMF), and I think I'll get the dark one in either TRI BR or SY... But that would be in four years time, only one saber per year...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 02:07:23 PM »

I agree with Canterbury. I bought my first, a Sentinel with TRI CG and its amazing, but I still hadn't tried the FoC yet until I won my Guardian in the last raffle, it was GB with silver flash on clash, and although it's cool, I prefer the extra brightness and fullness of the blade with the TRI cree. All my next sabers will be with TRI colors, unless I get a VA or forum color...

FOC doesn't do much for me.  I do want to try TRI Cree, though.  Hearing you guys praise it makes me want one even more.  The only reason I didn't spring for TRI on my Electrum Wind is because it isn't available for Violet Amethyst.  Maybe I'll get a Prophecy or Dark Prophecy in TRI Arctic Blue sometime this year.  Cheesy

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »

FOC doesn't do much for me.  I do want to try TRI Cree, though.  Hearing you guys praise it makes me want one even more.  The only reason I didn't spring for TRI on my Electrum Wind is because it isn't available for Violet Amethyst.  Maybe I'll get a Prophecy or Dark Prophecy in TRI Arctic Blue sometime this year.  Cheesy
Sedsti Skyfaller sayed the new Tri AB was a bit more greeny than the standard one, it looks like there are 2 diodes in blue and one in green, not 3 of the same AB color...

My Lightsabers:

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »

Sedsti Skyfaller sayed the new Tri AB was a bit more greeny than the standard one, it looks like there are 2 diodes in blue and one in green, not 3 of the same AB color...

Hm, thanks for the heads up.  TRI GB it is then.  Wink

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 06:27:57 PM »

I personally think the Prophecy is a good all-around size for most people, usable with one or two hands.  I'm always a big proponent of that hilt style.  Of course, even though I haven't experienced it, I've seen a lot of praise for the Sentinel... so it sounds like you can't go wrong with either.

Any questions about the Prophecy (I have a Dark one), lemme know.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 09:29:24 PM »

I personally think the Prophecy is a good all-around size for most people, usable with one or two hands.  I'm always a big proponent of that hilt style.  Of course, even though I haven't experienced it, I've seen a lot of praise for the Sentinel... so it sounds like you can't go wrong with either.

Any questions about the Prophecy (I have a Dark one), lemme know.
I agree with you, it is a very comfortable saber, has a bit more details and also, I forgot to say, the two screws holding the blade make it more stable and firm than the one screw that the Sentinel has... The decision really depends on what hilt he thinks looks better for his taste, cause both are perfect for spinns and dueling, and both very comfortable...

My Lightsabers:

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »

I agree with you, it is a very comfortable saber, has a bit more details and also, I forgot to say, the two screws holding the blade make it more stable and firm than the one screw that the Sentinel has... The decision really depends on what hilt he thinks looks better for his taste, cause both are perfect for spinns and dueling, and both very comfortable...

Yeah, both are solid choices.  I actually took the gold thumb screws off mine, and replaced them with regular (shorter) set screws.  I found that when I was using the hilt, my hand kept rubbing against the gold ones, which loosened them (creating blade wobble).  Typically, I recommend that to most people who intend to use the hilt extensively.

Joshlowe005
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 12:00:52 AM »

Yeah, both are solid choices.  I actually took the gold thumb screws off mine, and replaced them with regular (shorter) set screws.  I found that when I was using the hilt, my hand kept rubbing against the gold ones, which loosened them (creating blade wobble).  Typically, I recommend that to most people who intend to use the hilt extensively.

Thanks for the help guys! I'm so 50/50 on these sabers. Wish I could afford both right now!!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 12:12:50 AM »

Thanks for the help guys! I'm so 50/50 on these sabers. Wish I could afford both right now!!
When you look at them, wich one do you like most? Thats the one... And next time, when ever that is posible, get the other one...in consular green, and that's it, two nice sabers with two nice colors...lol

My Lightsabers:

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -64

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 03:40:21 AM »

Prophecy man. 11" hilt, two grip points, some style points, and it looks awesome. I'm about the same height as you, and the Prophecy with a 32" blade is literal perfection. I have a Sentinel V4, and while it also has loads of style points, I find it takes a bit more effort to wield, due to it being just an inch longer. It's a comfortable saber, and very nice, but I'd have to say the Prophecy is the way to go. But if you really do want a Sentinel, the Apprentice V4 would suit you just as well, unless you HAVE to have two grip points. Just for some comparison, I made two videos doing some spins with both. It might be a little hard to tell, but I'm having a tad more of a hard time being fast with the Sentinel, but that could just be because it isn't my main saber

Sentinel V4

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWhKM3yAOQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWhKM3yAOQ</a>

Dark Prophecy V3

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87pBmgZREE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87pBmgZREE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
―Kreia

The Dark Side flows through me, and my alignment should reflect that. Dark Side points would be most impressive

My Sabers:

Dark Prophecy v3: Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 LE: Guardian Blue
Aeon v3: Consular Green
Dominix v3: Violet Amethyst
Dark Apprentice v4: Guardian Blue
Sentinel V4: Adegan Silver

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 03:54:33 AM »

Sentinel for sure Tongue Love my Sentinel V4. I got the silver one though in Sun Rider's Destiny with windows and any silver based pommel looks awesome on it such as the silver Shock pommel like I have on mine as well =] The grips are amazing too especially the bottom grip. Perfect spinning saber as well

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 03:55:17 AM »

Sentinel.  I know there's a lot of love for the Prophecy, but I love my Sentinel.  

I'm 6' and have no issues using it one handed with a Heavy Grade 36" blade, spinning or dueling.  I find the slight extra length puts the balance right where I like it.

The biggest problem of course, is that neither is the wrong choice.  But I vote Sentinel.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Joshlowe005
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 04:11:42 AM »

Prophecy man. 11" hilt, two grip points, some style points, and it looks awesome. I'm about the same height as you, and the Prophecy with a 32" blade is literal perfection. I have a Sentinel V4, and while it also has loads of style points, I find it takes a bit more effort to wield, due to it being just an inch longer. It's a comfortable saber, and very nice, but I'd have to say the Prophecy is the way to go. But if you really do want a Sentinel, the Apprentice V4 would suit you just as well, unless you HAVE to have two grip points. Just for some comparison, I made two videos doing some spins with both. It might be a little hard to tell, but I'm having a tad more of a hard time being fast with the Sentinel, but that could just be because it isn't my main saber

Sentinel V4

Awesome videos man! Great comparison to show me. My question for you is how is the prophecy for reverse grip spins ? I love switching it up with some reverse grip. Is the hilt fairly easy for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWhKM3yAOQ

Dark Prophecy V3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_87pBmgZREE&feature=youtu.be

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -64

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 04:19:47 AM »

Alright guys I'm going for it haha, not saving for flash on clash so might as well!

Ya, I've never really seen the appeal for FOC. Like it's a cool feature, but I think personally, I would find it annoying after awhile.

"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
―Kreia

The Dark Side flows through me, and my alignment should reflect that. Dark Side points would be most impressive

My Sabers:

Dark Prophecy v3: Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 LE: Guardian Blue
Aeon v3: Consular Green
Dominix v3: Violet Amethyst
Dark Apprentice v4: Guardian Blue
Sentinel V4: Adegan Silver

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: