Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade plug stuck, Graflex CE  (Read 6247 times)
frolof
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -10

The force has a strong influence on a weak mind.

« on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »

I've had my Graflex CE for a while now and wanted to test the blade plug. I got it as free when I ordered my saber. Now it's stuck in the emitter! It's stuck firmly and I cant get it out! HELP! Shocked

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

''You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.'' - Luke Skywalker

Archon v3.1 (Emerald) Heavy grade
Flamberge (Premium) Blazing red Heavy grade
Glaflex CE (Emerald) UltraEdge Heavy grade
The Initiate v3 (Stunt) red Heavy grade
2 Dark Apprentice v4 (No sound) Initiate Purple and Green UltraEdge Midgrade

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 06:48:01 PM »

Did you try un-tightening the retention screws? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 09:31:02 PM »

Sometimes an accessory button can be sticking out a bit. Try sliding your battery pack out as far as you can and take a bamboo skewer or chopstick, and very carefully slide it up through the saber while trying to avoid snagging it on some wires. Hopefully you can hit the bottom edge of the blade plug and push it free.

Just take your time, and use a bright light to look in there before poking around.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 12:00:37 PM »

Did you try un-tightening the retention screws? Tongue

... There's not even a retention screw in, obviously. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help.. -_-

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

''You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.'' - Luke Skywalker

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »

Sometimes an accessory button can be sticking out a bit. Try sliding your battery pack out as far as you can and take a bamboo skewer or chopstick, and very carefully slide it up through the saber while trying to avoid snagging it on some wires. Hopefully you can hit the bottom edge of the blade plug and push it free.

Just take your time, and use a bright light to look in there before poking around.

What about the LED? Isn't that in the way? I'll try but at this point I don't care if the blade plug is not destroyed in the process..

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 12:14:13 PM »

What about the LED? Isn't that in the way? I'll try but at this point I don't care if the blade plug is not destroyed in the process..

Yeah, sorry. The LED might make it easier. The LED should be loose, so you can push on that to push the blade plug.

Also, your saber has a warranty, so if it doesn't work, you can contact US and see about getting it removed.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »

Yeah, sorry. The LED might make it easier. The LED should be loose, so you can push on that to push the blade plug.

Also, your saber has a warranty, so if it doesn't work, you can contact US and see about getting it removed.

from sweden... mmmh. Yeah. I'm not ready to send this away to wait over a month.. And I have to pay for the transfer aswell.

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 12:30:25 AM »

Hey frolof,

If you aren't too concerned about possibly destroying the blade plug, perhaps a small screw directly in the centre of the plug would give you enough leverage to wiggle or pull it loose.

If the screw was small enough, it might not even ruin the plug.

Just a thought.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:41 AM »

Hey frolof,

If you aren't too concerned about possibly destroying the blade plug, perhaps a small screw directly in the centre of the plug would give you enough leverage to wiggle or pull it loose.

If the screw was small enough, it might not even ruin the plug.

Just a thought.

yeah figuring I might just do that. I've read more on the forums and the blade plugs for the Graflex CE's are bollocks. horrible product. Thank god I got it for free. So yeah I figure I might use gentle brute force to get it out... just not brute enough to crush the LED. that'll kill me inside.

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 01:17:29 AM »

yeah figuring I might just do that. I've read more on the forums and the blade plugs for the Graflex CE's are bollocks. horrible product. Thank god I got it for free. So yeah I figure I might use gentle brute force to get it out... just not brute enough to crush the LED. that'll kill me inside.
Best of luck man. Careful of that Graflex. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:19 AM »

Hi.  Since you got a free blade plug, what is the design on it ?  Likely not the solid metal plug.  You should be able to stick something like some narrow tipped tweezers in two of the holes just to pull up a bit or twist enough to get the plug moving.  It would be really helpful if you could post a photo of the emitter and stuck plug.  Smiley

EDIT:  How about a modified fish hook or metal dental pick.  Anything narrow with a curved hook feature.

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »

Hi.  Since you got a free blade plug, what is the design on it ?  Likely not the solid metal plug.  You should be able to stick something like some narrow tipped tweezers in two of the holes just to pull up a bit or twist enough to get the plug moving.  It would be really helpful if you could post a photo of the emitter and stuck plug.  Smiley

EDIT:  How about a modified fish hook or metal dental pick.  Anything narrow with a curved hook feature.

oh if only I had such luxury as fish hooks or tweesers. I moved here like 3 months ago and I haven't gotten everything in the household since lazyness. Well, the plug didn't fit on any of the other sabers or work properly so my guess it was for graflex.

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 04:00:26 AM »

Hi frolof . . . . Sometimes the screw that holds the bunny ears in place on a Graflex can slightly protrude into the blade holder and press against a blade plug . . . perhaps try and loosen that screw . . . hope that helps . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

frolof
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 01:13:38 AM »

Well to let people know, I got it out. I destroyed the middle section carefully and dragged it out. No damage to the saber. I threw away the blade plug and I learned my lesson to not buy/get a blade plug again.

LIGHTSIDE POINTS PLEASE

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 01:26:28 AM »

Hi.  Really glad to read that you got it out.  The blade plug is quite useful and I have noticed that some seem to fit tighter than others.  If you do get another or even make your own, just sand the outer tube down a little more to make sure it doesn't get stuck or catch on a screw. 

point for your effort and for sharing the good news   Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: