Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Hamilton Comic Con 2016  (Read 5571 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« on: October 02, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »

Yesterday, MM and I went to a ComiCon!

I'll refer to it as "Hammer Con 16". Smiley

It was a small event at a small venue, but there were enough people there to fill The Astrodome!  Needless to say that taking photos was a challenge.

MM & I were barely photographed.  O_o

I managed to get a few though, and made a slideshow again:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZIHIJpbESg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZIHIJpbESg</a>

I was forced (pardon the pun) to ditch my mask and robe a mere few hours in, due to excessive heat.  I swapped out my pike for my Manticore at that time as well.

The con was held at our national Warplane Heritage Museum, so I included a short slideshow of that too - of course. Tongue (I simply HAD to be in the shot with the "Sabre"):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEnEpMWTGoI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEnEpMWTGoI</a>

It was fun - despite being overcrowded. Smiley

Bring on Halloween!

Edit:  Oh ya!  Nearly forgot. 

Zren might like this:

...a good spread of wands.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »

Looks like the two of you had a good time. Thanks for sharing, and I love the background music choice for your slide show.

Point.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »

Thanks Landen. Smiley

It WAS fun.  Although, I'm not sure that I can do my mask in an indoor setting any more.  That was absolutely BRUTAL!

I've learned that cons aren't always the best place for good pics - better ones can be made at home - at times. Tongue

I really have fun making these slideshows, and setting them to music.  One of my favourite parts. Smiley

I should mention - for those not versed in planes - that the pic with me in the "planes" vid, includes an aircraft nicknamed the "sabre".  

Point back. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:25:03 PM »

Very cool, my man.

DS point.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 02:37:01 PM »

Glad to hear you had a good time, LR.  It's a shame it was too hot for your mask and robe, though you still look plenty Sith-y without it.  Grin  Anyway, thanks for sharing.  A point has been bestowed, of course.

Thanks for sharing, and I love the background music choice for your slide show.

Seconded.  You can't go wrong with "Rocket Man" by Sir Elton John.  Cool

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 03:01:06 PM »

Very cool, my man.

DS point.
Thank you Lord C. Smiley

Backatcha. Tongue

Glad to hear you had a good time, LR.  It's a shame it was too hot for your mask and robe, though you still look plenty Sith-y without it.  Grin  Anyway, thanks for sharing.  A point has been bestowed, of course.

Seconded.  You can't go wrong with "Rocket Man" by Sir Elton John.  Cool
That was my logic...lol

I'm keeping the robe.  Just not sure about the mask for that setting anymore.  I have certain - "issues" - with being overheated. Otherwise I'd suck it up.

One of the very best parts of attending any event dressed up, is the look of sheer awe on the faces of kids.  I simply cannot wait for Halloween!

I'm donning my Sith attire then as well. Sans mask though.  Don't want to scare the little beggars...lol

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 03:18:31 PM »

I have certain - "issues" - with being overheated. Otherwise I'd suck it up.

I doubt anyone is judging you.  I know I'm not.  Your health is your most important thing.  If it's too much to wear the mask, then so be it.  There are plenty of Sith Lords on film and in the EU who don't wear masks.  Smiley

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 03:20:41 PM »

There are plenty of Sith Lords on film and in the EU who don't wear masks.  Smiley

^^^very true indeed^^^

+1 again SFD. Smiley

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »

You can warm up in the cold, but you can't run from the heat! Great pic and videos. Most importantly, glad you had a good time, and the pleasure you get from it is priceless

No points, just fist bumps baby!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »

Awesome!  I really enjoyed seeing your pictures . . . point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 04:26:32 PM »

Thank you Lord C. Smiley

Backatcha. Tongue
That was my logic...lol

I'm keeping the robe.  Just not sure about the mask for that setting anymore.  I have certain - "issues" - with being overheated. Otherwise I'd suck it up.

One of the very best parts of attending any event dressed up, is the look of sheer awe on the faces of kids.  I simply cannot wait for Halloween!

I'm donning my Sith attire then as well. Sans mask though.  Don't want to scare the little beggars...lol
Quite right Lord Rapine. The look on kids faces & their reactions to your character is the thing that blew me away most at my first con.
Have a point for the looks on the kids faces Smiley
I am looking forward to All Hallows Eve for the first time since I was 13.
When the kids ring the doorbell a sith lord will appear from side gate 2 sabers igniting. Then best evil voice" can I help you younglings?" Don't worry a selection of sweets a chocolate will then be provided.
Cool aeroplanes at the venue too. I would be in nerd heaven . I love old planes;)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 04:47:10 PM »

You can warm up in the cold, but you can't run from the heat! Great pic and videos. Most importantly, glad you had a good time, and the pleasure you get from it is priceless
Thank you M5. Quite true.  I'd rather be warm though - most times...

Awesome!  I really enjoyed seeing your pictures . . . point!
Thanks haz. Smiley

Quite right Lord Rapine. The look on kids faces & their reactions to your character is the thing that blew me away most at my first con.
Have a point for the looks on the kids faces Smiley
I am looking forward to All Hallows Eve for the first time since I was 13.
When the kids ring the doorbell a sith lord will appear from side gate 2 sabers igniting. Then best evil voice" can I help you younglings?" Don't worry a selection of sweets a chocolate will then be provided.
Cool aeroplanes at the venue too. I would be in nerd heaven . I love old planes;)
Thanks Darth Acervus. Smiley

Points (or not) back. Smiley

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »

Oh c'mon? Isn't that sort of the point? I would so want to scare the crap out of a few kids if I did Halloween and had a good Sith costume.

That looked like it was a fun con. Great job on the slideshows again. -1 Smiley

You can warm up in the cold, but you can't run from the heat!

So true. I had that exact same thought the first time a few days ago. Beats me how it never occurred to me sooner. Undecided

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:43:01 PM »

Oh c'mon? Isn't that sort of the point? I would so want to scare the crap out of a few kids if I did Halloween and had a good Sith costume.
Well, yes, but I was thinking of small kids.  Very young.  Those are the ones who will or will not propogate this festive event (it should be a holiday). Older kids - game on.   Cheesy

Thanks DC. Smiley
-1 man.

Darth Acervus
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -248

6 movies & Rogue one. That's all folks....

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 08:38:23 PM »

I was thinking that my wife could dress in some light side attire. And sort of show them a lightsaber set on Blue or Green(ohh.. that means I would have to let her use my Guardian). Therefore I m not jumping out on them. I'm just sat chilling in my workshop till I get the signal. This is starting to sound like a lot of fun.  Wink
 Lord Rapine this is all your fault for going to Hamilton Comic Con 2016 and having some fun.  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: