Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Power Rangers (2017 Movie) Official Teaser Trailer – ‘Discover The Power’  (Read 1192 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: October 08, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w</a>

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 10:22:45 PM »

This looks promising... I likes it.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 10:30:46 PM »

This looks promising... I likes it.

I thought so as well, but the whole time I could hear the Memberberries from South Park in my head saying "Member Power Rangers?" Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJhu15f-hg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJhu15f-hg</a>

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:43 AM »

I thought so as well, but the whole time I could hear the Memberberries from South Park in my head saying "Member Power Rangers?" Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHJhu15f-hg

Don't know what that is, nor do I want to.

I'm excited most by the cast.

Looks like the five principle actors will do at least a halfway decent job (plus Naomi Scott... rawr).

Elizabeth Banks is a truly gifted actress, so I think she will make a great Rita.

I found both Alpha 5 and Bill Hader to be utterly annoying, so casting Hader as Alpha 5's voice in this is a no brainer.

Most of all, I'm excited that Bryan Cranston (a Power Ranger alum himself) will be playing Zordon.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:26 AM »

I'm a little iffy on it right now.  Never was a MMPR fan (but love the Japanese show) but was looking forward to seeing what they did with it.  But, the beginning seemed like it was going to be a Breakfast Club remake as well the cliched outcasts become heroes (if I recall the show had them neither as the "cool kids" or "outcasts"...they were just teens).  I also got a big Chronicle vibe from it.  But we will see how I feel when more comes out.  I say Rita is the Green Ranger though.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:03:01 AM »

I'm a little iffy on it right now.  Never was a MMPR fan (but love the Japanese show) but was looking forward to seeing what they did with it.  But, the beginning seemed like it was going to be a Breakfast Club remake as well the cliched outcasts become heroes (if I recall the show had them neither as the "cool kids" or "outcasts"...they were just teens).  I also got a big Chronicle vibe from it.  But we will see how I feel when more comes out.  I say Rita is the Green Ranger though.

Eh, I like the fact that they're using more realistic teens for this instead of the perfect white-picket-fence teens we got in the show. Like all teens, they have their own issues and problems to work through. Jason's got an ankle monitor for something stupid involving a car crash and a blown out knee, Kimberly was a cheerleader, but has been gone for six months and came back with a new attitude and a secret. Billy's a genius, but has no social skills. Trini's the new kid on the block, having recently moved. Zack is a jock who puts on a brave face but is afraid of people finding out he lives in a trailer park.

As for Rita, I don't think she's the Green Ranger, but I do think she's got the Green Ranger coin.

Besides, it's got Bryan Cranston as Zordon. What's not to like?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:31 AM »

Eh, I like the fact that they're using more realistic teens for this instead of the perfect white-picket-fence teens we got in the show. Like all teens, they have their own issues and problems to work through. Jason's got an ankle monitor for something stupid involving a car crash and a blown out knee, Kimberly was a cheerleader, but has been gone for six months and came back with a new attitude and a secret. Billy's a genius, but has no social skills. Trini's the new kid on the block, having recently moved. Zack is a jock who puts on a brave face but is afraid of people finding out he lives in a trailer park.

As for Rita, I don't think she's the Green Ranger, but I do think she's got the Green Ranger coin.

Besides, it's got Bryan Cranston as Zordon. What's not to like?

I dunno how "realistic" they are, as I said..feels like the Hollywood cookie cutter teen flick.  Teens having issues and such sure but the whole "outcast" crap gets old fast and isn't as relatable as they think.  Sure you have the kids that divide into cliques but my experience as a teen and working in the school system for a few years..the majority of kids don't fall into one group or the other.  As to Cranston, he's a good actor no doubt...but he's not exactly a box office draw for me.  I'm one of those weirdos that did not care for Breaking Bad.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 06:05:54 PM »

New Poster:

With zoom: http://i.imgur.com/DJYbPgA.jpg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: