Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Phantom/Dominix v3 thread?  (Read 3740 times)
Order Sixty Six
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -8

POWA UNLIMITED POWA

« on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »

Just got a nice package on my doorstep. These are my first blazing red sabers, and I have to say after having adegan silver initiates
photograph pretty accurate to the color - the pictures really cant do the blazing red justice. This is almost a blood red saber, the white hue the pictures show on the blade is nonexistent. These are my first full sized sabers and they absolutely dwarf my initiate staff, although I must say the 24 inch blades are much more functional on a staff than the 32inch blades, and vice versa for dual weild. Anyway, heres the pics. Sorry if the quality seems bad, taken on my tablet since my camera broke.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:46:12 PM by Order Sixty Six » Logged

2x Adegan Silver Initiate v2
2x Blazing Red Dominix v3
Wishlist
Yellow Standard Issue

Hit me with a pm if you live in the tampa area and want to join a sparring group, my friend is recruiting for a panel at shadocon 2011.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:26:23 AM »

Nice. Did you get them both with Obsidian? How is the handleing of the sabers? It looks awkward to me.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Ty_Bomber
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »

What a lovely blood red color. That silver looks super classy too. Are you using Ultra-edge or standard mid-grade blades?

I am part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!

Seriously, don't let my username fool you. I need Light Side points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:21:23 AM »

Very nice, I love my Dominix V2 in Blazing Red - the Dominix hilts just look GREAT with the red!  How is the handling?  The choke points work well?

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:29 AM »

Yes yes do tell , im curious about the choke points aswell! Great sabers!

dark side points please

Order Sixty Six
Knight Sergeant

POWA UNLIMITED POWA

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »

I have to get used to them a little more because the weight is off compared to my initiates, and I havent quite adjusted to the longer hilt yet.

Buying these I was expecting the lower choke to be the most useful because of the positioning of the switch, but the switch doesn't get in the way of the top choke at all. It does feel really good in two hands. The only trouble I'm experiencing is when I swing from the top choke, sometimes I'll graze myself with the back of the hilt, but that should get better in time after I adjust to the length.

no obsidian in mine, I got the lithium setup but I like to stretch my battery life as long as I can, since I mainly bring my sabers with me to conventions or raves, its usually too loud for sound so I save myself the cash.

Wishlist
Yellow Standard Issue

Hit me with a pm if you live in the tampa area and want to join a sparring group, my friend is recruiting for a panel at shadocon 2011.

Order Sixty Six
Knight Sergeant

POWA UNLIMITED POWA

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »

What a lovely blood red color. That silver looks super classy too. Are you using Ultra-edge or standard mid-grade blades?

Seeing as I still have my standard initiate blades after a few sparring meets and countless drops, I didnt see a need to upgrade. The little reflective light funnel thing popped off of my second initiate's led before the blades gave me problems, so the glue is more of a concern to me.

Wishlist
Yellow Standard Issue

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

I would love to know where the balance point is with a 36" blade Cheesy

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: