Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Complete Custom Help (pic heavy)  (Read 5333 times)
Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »

Don't have a heat gun. Recently got all manner of other tools, though.

Finally managed to align the puck properly and get it to slide up into the smaller section.  I ended up hot glueing the board to the batter holder/speaker combo with the exposed parts of the switch wires sandwiched between the rest of the board and the battery holder. I think I'm almost done, just need to figure out what to do with the huge clash sensor (currently planning to mount it on top of the board, hoping that will work.) Then I can get it buttoned up and finally install the switch into the switch hole.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 08:19:26 AM »

This has truly been a labor of love. And today... 1/18/2017... at 1:30 AM, I am proud to say that the project is complete.  I have some pics, but it has no silent mode and I live in an apartment. There will be more pics and likely videos later. 

That said, I would like to take a moment to give a shout out to those who have stopped by to read my rantings and an even bigger one to the following: Obese Wan Kenobese, mchalk13, RevanReborn.  (Listed in order of appearance) Thank you, guys! Thank you for responding and reinforcing my resolve to see this project through.

Now for some unlit pics of the finished saber:

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »

Wow!

Looks great Benji. Grin

I have been creeping this build, but since I really had nothing to add technically, I saved my comments for the end - and it's here! Tongue

I love what you've done with the grooves on the handle, and the colour around the emitter is fantastic. Smiley

Nicely done indeed, and so looking forward to seeing that video. (Go for it - ignite that puppy, who cares if you wake your partner up?  Tongue)

+1 all day.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 01:03:20 PM »

Haha!  I second that lol!  He/ she will know how hard you've been working to get to this glorious part Smiley.  They will understand lol Wink.  Let that thing rip lol!  Or maybe just go out in the hallway and anger the neighbors instead, their wrath is likely easier to suffer. 

Dude- congrats!!  Such an awesome saber!  Must be a pretty awesome feeling eh?  It looks great- can't wait to see vid Smiley

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »

Wow!

Looks great Benji. Grin

I have been creeping this build, but since I really had nothing to add technically, I saved my comments for the end - and it's here! Tongue

I love what you've done with the grooves on the handle, and the colour around the emitter is fantastic. Smiley

Nicely done indeed, and so looking forward to seeing that video. (Go for it - ignite that puppy, who cares if you wake your partner up?  Tongue)

+1 all day.

It's not my partner I'm worried about waking up... He's seen me working on it and I can say is thoroughly impressed. It's the people living upstairs and the people through the thin walls to the Left and Right. (being in a middle apartment kind of is a pain sometimes... showing courtesy for others who may or may not decide to return it.)

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »

Short video that really highlights the fact that my camera isn't the best... XD

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSIXCLD6UY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSIXCLD6UY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »

There it is!!! Grin

Looks and sounds great Benji. Smiley

I did notice that the bezel was coloured before, but just didn't mention it.  Great tie in with the emitter though. 

+1 for awesome!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: