Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Canon Info on Kyber Crystals  (Read 32723 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 02:25:48 AM »

What other planets are crystals taken from beside Ilum, and where are they in relation to major planets like Coruscant or Naboo? I know there are some, but I don't know which ones they are.

In Disney canon, I don't think there are any, yet.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 02:29:47 AM »

I feel like Disney isn't doing as good a job at tying everything together as Lucas did. Doesn't Lucas have some control over SW still even though it is owned by Disney?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:00 AM »

I feel like Disney isn't doing as good a job at tying everything together as Lucas did. Doesn't Lucas have some control over SW still even though it is owned by Disney?

He's a creative consultant, but they don't have to do what he says if they don't want to.  Disney owns everything Star Wars now.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 02:41:52 AM »

Hi Everyone, I was about to say the same thing, Lucas is a consultant but Disney don't have to take any notice of his advice. I wasn't sure if I could post it due to copyright etc but check out YouTube for the Charlie Rose Interview with Lucas and you can hear the situation first hand.
If you search for this title on YT you should find the part of the interview in question:

"George Lucas on 'Force Awakens': It's like a "break up" (Dec. 25, 2015) | Charlie Rose"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 03:35:03 AM »

It is mentioned in a few sources there are other planets that have Kyber Crystals but only one of them is named (Lothal).  Ilum just had the highest concentration.

SO far I haven't seen anything to support that it isn't tied together..Lucas was the one that couldn't keep his own ideas straight...  and no.. he has no control at all.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 10:38:30 PM »

So Temple Guard are the only jedi who use a predetermined color. But how do they get that color? Who turns the crystals yellow? The temple guard in some sort of ceremony? I'm extremely curious about this and I don't think this has been explained in canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 11:15:47 PM »

So Temple Guard are the only jedi who use a predetermined color. But how do they get that color? Who turns the crystals yellow? The temple guard in some sort of ceremony? I'm extremely curious about this and I don't think this has been explained in canon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The temple Guard is a position of honor that is granted to Jedi from within the order, so the pikes are more than likely issued to them.  How they got the color has yet to be reveled.

LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »

The temple Guard is a position of honor that is granted to Jedi from within the order, so the pikes are more than likely issued to them.  How they got the color has yet to be reveled.

So I guess the question comes in, how did the crystals become yellow if they are issued by the Jedi order and since they got rid of the synthetic explanation (atleast as far as I'm aware)? Guess I have to just wait and hope for an official canon explanation

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2017, 04:28:58 AM »

The Force and the creator of those lightsabers ending the the blade color being yellow after the meditation/contruction of it.

Note that Ahsoka's shoto is nearly yellow in color, meaning it is within range.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 04:32:05 AM »

The Force and the creator of those lightsabers ending the the blade color being yellow after the meditation/contruction of it.

Note that Ahsoka's shoto is nearly yellow in color, meaning it is within range.

That's obvious, but the question is still WHo made them.  Was there one Jedi who made multiple Saber Pike for the Sentinels to use?  Did the first group of Sentinels make their sabers and they all came out Yellow and then were passed on through the generations.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2017, 11:19:58 AM »

My understanding is that all crystals started colorless. No longer are there blue, green, yellow, purple, etc. crystals. The color transformation happened as a result of the Force user tuning the crystal. The resulting color came as a result of what the user did to the crystal and their Force alignment, potential, skills, or whatever. Therefore, a Jedi particularly skilled in lightsaber combat would almost always tune his/her crystal to blue. Sentinels would almost always have yellow. A crystal can be retuned if it changes owners, so the color can change. All of these things are well established in the new canon. Below are my opinions.

My belief is that a Jedi being selected to be a temple guard would already be a fully trained and highly skilled Jedi Sentinel, so their crystals would already be yellow. As a result of their selection and new assignment, they would have to make a new saber to keep in line with the look of the temple guards. To create uniformity, I imagine the external components were given to them, but they still had to craft it themselves using internal components of their choice as part of their guard training, and they would probably have to tune a new crystal to yellow in order to make it a staff. Again, though, these skills and practices are nothing new to them, because they are already a Sentinel.

I doubt that one person would have made multiple staffs and passed then down through the generations due to the highly personalized nature of the bond between a lightsaber and its user.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »

My understanding is that all crystals started colorless. No longer are there blue, green, yellow, purple, etc. crystals. The color transformation happened as a result of the Force user tuning the crystal. The resulting color came as a result of what the user did to the crystal and their Force alignment, potential, skills, or whatever. Therefore, a Jedi particularly skilled in lightsaber combat would almost always tune his/her crystal to blue. Sentinels would almost always have yellow. A crystal can be retuned if it changes owners, so the color can change. All of these things are well established in the new canon. Below are my opinions.

My belief is that a Jedi being selected to be a temple guard would already be a fully trained and highly skilled Jedi Sentinel, so their crystals would already be yellow. As a result of their selection and new assignment, they would have to make a new saber to keep in line with the look of the temple guards. To create uniformity, I imagine the external components were given to them, but they still had to craft it themselves using internal components of their choice as part of their guard training, and they would probably have to tune a new crystal to yellow in order to make it a staff. Again, though, these skills and practices are nothing new to them, because they are already a Sentinel.

I doubt that one person would have made multiple staffs and passed then down through the generations due to the highly personalized nature of the bond between a lightsaber and its user.

Where, in the new canon, is the color tuning established? I knew that of the old canon. Disney Canon indicates the crystal has it's color when found. The Clone Wars cartoon has blue-ish crystals that made green or blue sabers. Rogue One has lots of clear Kyber crystals of various sizes, but we didn't see them in action other than in the Deathstar. The book Ahsoka reveals that she turned red to white after a Sith turned it red. These things don't seem to be the same as old canon.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2017, 07:46:01 PM »

Where, in the new canon, is the color tuning established? I knew that of the old canon. Disney Canon indicates the crystal has it's color when found. The Clone Wars cartoon has blue-ish crystals that made green or blue sabers. Rogue One has lots of clear Kyber crystals of various sizes, but we didn't see them in action other than in the Deathstar. The book Ahsoka reveals that she turned red to white after a Sith turned it red. These things don't seem to be the same as old canon.

It's been extracted from a few sources, with three of the examples being ones you mentioned. In TCW, I think the blueish crystals were supposed to be clear, like we saw in RO, but they had to be visible, so they were given that blueish hue. Those same blueish crystals also produces green blades. We also read about Ahsoka changing the color, like you said. It's also said that the Sith bleed the crystals to give them their red color.

There have also been several youtube videos discussing these things. I'm not sure if Disney has or has not come out and said this is the rule, where crystals are colorless and then given the color through meditation, but the latest stories all seem to follow that rule.

I understand that in the old canon, the crystals did have a color. Luke used a furnace and produced a green crystal. Mace got a purple Hurrikane crystal. The Sith made synthetic crystals, and their DS energy made them red.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

I can't remember if it's in the Clone Wars series, or in the movie. But when the temple on Illum was shown, the walls were lined with green, blue and purple Kyber crystals. How come those ones were already colored instead of being clear?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

I can't remember if it's in the Clone Wars series, or in the movie. But when the temple on Illum was shown, the walls were lined with green, blue and purple Kyber crystals. How come those ones were already colored instead of being clear?

That may be older pitcures or artist renderings. In TCW, the episode that shows the cave, the crystals are hidden and clear (very pale blue), but they don't show the caves in the films. So far, the only thing we've seen in the films are the crystals in Rogue One, and those are clear.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: