Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Windows 10 PC will not recognize Lightsaber due to driver error  (Read 2967 times)
Valefor
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« on: October 21, 2016, 09:05:27 PM »

Disclaimer: I've already read the forum rules and I've attempted replying in a similar thread, but thread is dead with no response, so raising new thread for visibility. Sincere apologies for a repeat posting. I'll keep this as clean as I can so it can be used as a reference.
Brass Tacks
Windows 10 High End Desktop
64GB Ram
i7 6 Core 5.9ghz
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
Device is plugged in Via 2.0
Cable is working and valid, it is the same cable used in my Wacom Tablet.
Starting software as Admin
Obsidian V 3 Board

I am certain this is a common issue, but I'm using a newer PC with the most up to date Ultrasabers software.  Yet no matter what order of operations I perform, I cannot get the lightsaber to be recognized by the computer. It makes the acknowledgement sound of being connected, yet under devices it shows there is a driver error, and windows update is unable to locate a valid driver for this device.

Is there a place to directly download the lightsaber driver, not the software to read it, the lightsaber's USB driver, directly? If not, does anyone know the steps to get the lightsaber working? I'd like to change the sound fonts. Thank you very much in advance. Appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:15:55 PM »

Difficult, the driver used is a Windows H(uman)I(nterface)D(evice) driver and not related to US or the Launcher software in any way. Since Win 8 there are problems in recognizing the Obsidian board - only the Obsidian, Emerald seems to work fine across all OS's. The HID driver architecture seems to have changed so that a communication with the sound board is only possible in some cases. It seems to depend on your whole rig setup (hardware components and software) if it works or not - some Win 10 and 8 users report no problems, others have the same problem like you, but notice that plugging a USB hub between the saber and the PC. That is the only attempt I can come up with, unfortunately - try a USB hub and see if that works Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:44:20 PM »

Disclaimer: I've already read the forum rules and I've attempted replying in a similar thread, but thread is dead with no response, so raising new thread for visibility. Sincere apologies for a repeat posting. I'll keep this as clean as I can so it can be used as a reference.
Brass Tacks
Windows 10 High End Desktop
64GB Ram
i7 6 Core 5.9ghz
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
Device is plugged in Via 2.0
Cable is working and valid, it is the same cable used in my Wacom Tablet.
Starting software as Admin
Obsidian V 3 Board

I am certain this is a common issue, but I'm using a newer PC with the most up to date Ultrasabers software.  Yet no matter what order of operations I perform, I cannot get the lightsaber to be recognized by the computer. It makes the acknowledgement sound of being connected, yet under devices it shows there is a driver error, and windows update is unable to locate a valid driver for this device.

Is there a place to directly download the lightsaber driver, not the software to read it, the lightsaber's USB driver, directly? If not, does anyone know the steps to get the lightsaber working? I'd like to change the sound fonts. Thank you very much in advance. Appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Mine does that every time, but I just ignore it.  With my saber powered off I plug it in, I get that "Device Not Recognized" pop-up error message from Windows 10, then I launch the Obsidian Launcher software and power on my saber.  The software immediately detects my saber, and I can configure the Emerald driver or the Obisidian Sound Fonts, depending on which USB port on the saber I'm plugged into, as there is one for each.  So in a word, ignore the Windows 10 error message and proceed, as the Obsidian Launcher doesn't appear to depend on the Windows driver anyway.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Valefor
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:55:31 PM »

Difficult, the driver used is a Windows H(uman)I(nterface)D(evice) driver and not related to US or the Launcher software in any way. Since Win 8 there are problems in recognizing the Obsidian board - only the Obsidian, Emerald seems to work fine across all OS's. The HID driver architecture seems to have changed so that a communication with the sound board is only possible in some cases. It seems to depend on your whole rig setup (hardware components and software) if it works or not - some Win 10 and 8 users report no problems, others have the same problem like you, but notice that plugging a USB hub between the saber and the PC. That is the only attempt I can come up with, unfortunately - try a USB hub and see if that works Undecided

I can try this to see if the drive might be innate within the USB hub. Without knowing what dll was baked into the obsidian board it's difficult to give a judgement call on where the driver can come from. What I do know is that if it's a mass use HID, then that means that it's stored in KB archives within the great repository that is MSDN. However, to look for it, I'd have to know what it was, perhaps someone at US could point out what driver we need on newer systems, then I can go fish for it. If I can, and I am able, I'll come back and put a link to a DL for it to save everyone time in the future.

As to Lord Bladewraith's post, that's not the issue at hand unfortunately.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: