Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Han Solo Movie Casts Donald Glover As Lando Calrissian  (Read 6266 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2016, 10:15:11 PM »

I should probably know this, but what are the current plans for the final anthology film?

I haven't heard anything past the Han film except rumor

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 03:30:06 AM »

Whatever. They don't have to be excited if they don't want to be. Is there a chance of so many people not liking the idea that they just won't make it?

Hey, I'm not saying anyone should feel one way or the other.  I'm simply stating things as they will be, and in fact already are.  A lot of people don't want the film.  However, a lot do.  It's going to happen anyway.  My whole thing is:  if you don't want to see it, then don't. However, there's no good reason to complain about it on the Internet.  There are plenty of films I don't want to see, so I just ignore them.  It's actually pretty simple.  If people love the EU, then just re-read the books and enjoy them.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 11:23:00 AM »

I have to say that I have always wanted to see the current Star Wars Universe (movies) branch out beyond the Jedi aspect.  I love the thought of a Smuggler series and I would especially love to see a Mandalorian series pop up as well.  So to see Rogue One pull away from the Force/Jedi aspect of Star Wars is pretty cool.  Adding this movie will only expand the franchise. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 09:19:32 PM »

Hey, I'm not saying anyone should feel one way or the other.  I'm simply stating things as they will be, and in fact already are.  A lot of people don't want the film.  However, a lot do.  It's going to happen anyway.  My whole thing is:  if you don't want to see it, then don't. However, there's no good reason to complain about it on the Internet.  There are plenty of films I don't want to see, so I just ignore them.  It's actually pretty simple.  If people love the EU, then just re-read the books and enjoy them.

Oh, I want to see it. I didn't know there were that many that did.

I have to say that I have always wanted to see the current Star Wars Universe (movies) branch out beyond the Jedi aspect.  I love the thought of a Smuggler series and I would especially love to see a Mandalorian series pop up as well.  So to see Rogue One pull away from the Force/Jedi aspect of Star Wars is pretty cool.  Adding this movie will only expand the franchise. 

Agreed. And a Mandalorian movie would be awesome. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 03:47:27 AM »

I mean no disrespect to the guy, but what the hell is Donald Glover famous for? Community?? What does he bring to the table? Why the general love for him?(not saying love from here)

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 04:04:46 AM »

I mean no disrespect to the guy, but what the hell is Donald Glover famous for? Community?? What does he bring to the table? Why the general love for him?(not saying love from here)

I personally dig his stand up, but he has also just received highly positive reviews for his show, Atlanta.

He has range as an actor, and is quite charming; charm being essential to who Lando is.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2016, 04:15:40 AM »

I personally dig his stand up, but he has also just received highly positive reviews for his show, Atlanta.

He has range as an actor, and is quite charming; charm being essential to who Lando is.

Well when Atlanta was doing it promo commercials, I was asking those questions then. All I got was that he's a small time DJ, young writer for 30Rock(overrated show IMO) and he was on Community, a show that struggled to stay alive season to season.
I figured he's one of those who others are trying to push as the next big thing.
I still don't know what the heck the promos for the show Atlanta were about. Is it a comedy, is it a drama? Is it about young black men living in Atlanta? Are people just supposed to flock because Donald Glover is in there? Very odd promos

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »

I've been watching Atlanta. It's pretty good. I can honestly say, based on only seeing single performances from either actor playing the duo, that I'm way more excited hearing that Donald is playing Lando than Alden playing Han. With the exception that Donald doesn't possess that suave baritone that we've all come to expect from Lando.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the plot of this film will be the DC version of when Han met Chewie?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 05:36:02 PM »

Does anyone else get the feeling that the plot of this film will be the DC version of when Han met Chewie?

I get the distinct feeling it's going to be a " buddy road trip" movie.  Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 08:16:03 PM »

I get the distinct feeling it's going to be a " buddy road trip" movie.  Cheesy

UGH! Even worse.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 11:00:11 PM »

I'm not feeling this movie...not one bit. Just release a book with the story. I'd much rather them do a film set around 400 years earlier in where you know all the characters are dead by now. But tell a story, maybe a sequel or trilogy, but let it not be beholden to anything relevant in the future

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »

I'm not feeling this movie...not one bit. Just release a book with the story. I'd much rather them do a film set around 400 years earlier in where you know all the characters are dead by now. But tell a story, maybe a sequel or trilogy, but let it not be beholden to anything relevant in the future
Something like that. I'd be way more interested in a TOR story. The one surrounding those epically badass movie scenes flying around on YouTube would just make my decade.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: