Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646086 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1710 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:44 PM »

I can't wait until I'm not focused on his shards.
Me either.  I might just do this one, and look at something else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Promoted IG-88 as well.  That gave me the achievement shards to promote Vader too.  Smiley

WOO!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1711 on: February 17, 2017, 02:49:58 PM »

I like that Vader's basic actually now does some damage.

Does it? I think I've noticed a bit of an improvement.

Promoted Ahsoka and Luke, and geared up Boba...

RG gets the focus now.

Just curious, how come you left our guild?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1712 on: February 17, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »

I like that Vader's basic actually now does some damage.

Does it? I think I've noticed a bit of an improvement.

Yep, it was in the patch notes.

Darth Vader
Basic: Terrifying Swing
Omega: +15% Damage in addition to +15% Ability Block Chance
Damage increased.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1713 on: February 17, 2017, 03:03:16 PM »

I just found that I was on the low end of a guild that was already pretty full of long-time players.

I switched to one where there are fewer members, and I tend to rank a bit higher, hence getting more rewards. Smiley

It was nothing personal. Grin

I'm getting a tonne of guild tokens each day now at least. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1714 on: February 17, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

Yep, it was in the patch notes.

Darth Vader
Basic: Terrifying Swing
Omega: +15% Damage in addition to +15% Ability Block Chance
Damage increased.

Oh, my bad that I missed that. I already did the Omega, so I guess I have that damage boost.

I just found that I was on the low end of a guild that was already pretty full of long-time players.

I switched to one where there are fewer members, and I tend to rank a bit higher, hence getting more rewards. Smiley

You know, that's actually not a bad idea. . .

Although there is this level 30 guy who joined the guild you left. He kept sending me ally requests and I kept denying them. I didn't benefit at all from adding him, but I guess he really wanted my toons available so I eventually gave in.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1715 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »

I see the benefit of having bigger ranked allies, at the same time I'm standing pretty good on my own as well.
I agree with LR, the smaller guilds do have a bonus when most of the crew are lower levels than you."

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1716 on: February 17, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »

Depending on your situation, it probably would be better to join a guild where you can contribute more and gain more rewards.

-----------

So, don't judge, I bought the Kylo pack and the TIE pack.  Tongue  In my defense I had been saving most of the crystals for the TIE pack.

Kylo's ship isn't too bad.  I already have Phasma and FO Trooper at 7* so it's power starts pretty well.  Kylo will just need some leveling.

Vader's TIE though, holy crap!  It's 4* right now and level 1 and it's already my 5th strongest ship, bypassing Slave 1 and Wedge who are 5* and level 70.  I pushed Vader's TIE to 55 and it jumped to the #2 slot ahead of my Ahsoka that is is 5* and level 80!  This bad boy is gonna be a mean machine!  

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1717 on: February 17, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

Oh, my bad that I missed that. I already did the Omega, so I guess I have that damage boost.

Although there is this level 30 guy who joined the guild you left. He kept sending me ally requests and I kept denying them. I didn't benefit at all from adding him, but I guess he really wanted my toons available so I eventually gave in.

Oh sorry that would me my sister who decided to start playing calon. She really wanted to use your EP.

And since this is my 500th post I figured it should be something pretty cool...

I FINISHED AT 243 IN ARENA!

And some other good news, I have also picked out my first saber and will be purchasing an arbiter in AS with obsidian v4. To birds with one stone.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1718 on: February 17, 2017, 05:28:19 PM »

@Krace, I'm actually considering getting one of the Sith packs, for the 80 shards if nothing else. I could unlock Dooku, or get Maul really close to 7*. Opinions? Should I even do any of them?

Oh sorry that would me my sister who decided to start playing calon. She really wanted to use your EP.

I FINISHED AT 243 IN ARENA!

And some other good news, I have also picked out my first saber and will be purchasing an arbiter in AS with obsidian v4. To birds with one stone.

EmeraldKnight or something like that? I can see why anyone would want to use EP of they didn't have him. Lucky for her mine will be 7* next Emperors Demise. Smiley

Lucky. I'm happy to say I've been able to hold below 500 for now.

Awesome.  Smiley

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1719 on: February 17, 2017, 07:29:53 PM »

@Krace, I'm actually considering getting one of the Sith packs, for the 80 shards if nothing else. I could unlock Dooku, or get Maul really close to 7*. Opinions? Should I even do any of them?
I would get the maul one if you really want him to 7*. Also I fought kylo rens ship last night and lemme tell ya. It aint fun and it didn't go to well for me.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1720 on: February 17, 2017, 08:18:16 PM »

I would get the maul one if you really want him to 7*. Also I fought kylo rens ship last night and lemme tell ya. It aint fun and it didn't go to well for me.

I would probably second Maul.  Of all 4 of those Sith, Maul is the only one that isn't easily farmable.  You have to rely on Guild Store, Shipments, or the Fleet Store.  The rest all have places you can farm their shards without a lot of difficulty.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1721 on: February 17, 2017, 10:17:01 PM »

Quote from: Grey Owl

Congrats!

Quote from: Grey Owl

Your first saber?  Or your first US saber?  Either way, congrats again!

#eye twitch#
*two birds
Aaah, much better

Finished GW today, and scored a Vader shard at the end.  Gotta be happy with that.  Also, forgot to mention last week, I actually pulled Boba from a Bronzium card Shocked  Already 7-starred him, so that turned into like 30 bonus shards, which I used to buy 2 Vader shards  Grin

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1722 on: February 17, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

Right on GO!

Tongue

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1723 on: February 18, 2017, 05:08:34 AM »

I would probably second Maul.  Of all 4 of those Sith, Maul is the only one that isn't easily farmable.  You have to rely on Guild Store, Shipments, or the Fleet Store.  The rest all have places you can farm their shards without a lot of difficulty.

Dooku isn't as easily farmable as Sid and Savage, but still easy enough. Don't know if he's actually easier than Maul though. So, is Dooku worth getting? His pack is attractive because 1- I don't have him yet and it would get me halfway to 5* with the 80 shards, and 2- the Gear included would help him (I assume to it automatically gets him to Gear 5 or 6 if you use it all on him). Maul doesn't get the Gear bonus, cause mine's already Gear 8, but Scimitar is now a crucial part of my Fleet, so 7- starring him couldn't hurt. Plus I still use him against Jedi.

-----

I finally acquired my first Mk V stun gun, so now is where I decide if I give it to RG as I first planned, or Biggs because I'll have another Mk V Furnace soon, which I had originally planned to give to Lumi. I use Biggs more than Lumi for sure, maybe not more than RG. He also has a Ship, so Gear 9 couldn't hurt that. But a Gear 9 RG would be awesome too. Decisions! What do I do? I will eventually collect them again, but who's the best one to Gear first?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1724 on: February 18, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »

Dooku isn't as easily farmable as Sid and Savage, but still easy enough. Don't know if he's actually easier than Maul though. So, is Dooku worth getting? His pack is attractive because 1- I don't have him yet and it would get me halfway to 5* with the 80 shards, and 2- the Gear included would help him (I assume to it automatically gets him to Gear 5 or 6 if you use it all on him). Maul doesn't get the Gear bonus, cause mine's already Gear 8, but Scimitar is now a crucial part of my Fleet, so 7- starring him couldn't hurt. Plus I still use him against Jedi.

-----

I finally acquired my first Mk V stun gun, so now is where I decide if I give it to RG as I first planned, or Biggs because I'll have another Mk V Furnace soon, which I had originally planned to give to Lumi. I use Biggs more than Lumi for sure, maybe not more than RG. He also has a Ship, so Gear 9 couldn't hurt that. But a Gear 9 RG would be awesome too. Decisions! What do I do? I will eventually collect them again, but who's the best one to Gear first?

Dooku is better with his update, but I'm not sure he'll be making a huge comeback still.  He would also take a lot of work for him to be viable to you.  As you said, the gear would be more helpful to Dooku, but what you would get with Maul might be for others at some point.  Since you use Maul and his ship, getting him maxed out seems like it would be more important.

As for your new gear piece I would gear whoever you use in the most situations.  Ships, PvP, GW, level progression, etc.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: