Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 649472 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2415 on: April 18, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »

Yeah, I didn't mean Saint Han, I meant ShoreTrooper.  Not interested in starting a Saint Han from scratch, when I have a handful of tanks already levelled and/or geared.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2416 on: April 18, 2017, 11:15:04 PM »

I just hit level 82 a couple days ago, so now I want to beat and 3-star LS 9B hard. Is it possible with Rebels and how much do they need to be geared? My Rebel team (Wiggs, Lando, ST Han, Ackbar) got their butts kicked on 9A.

You'll need to be 85 and have everybody be 85 and probably have most or all their abilities Omega'd.  You'll also need some really good mods on the team and you'll need an ally for a 6th member that synergizes really well.  If you think 9A is hard, 9B round 3 is a nightmare with all the bounty hunters.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2417 on: April 18, 2017, 11:26:40 PM »

Finally ground out another 20 mk3 Sinar Holo Projector salvages, putting me in the position of being able to gear-10 a character if I wanted to.
I could gear-10 EP or Boba.  I use both on my arena team.
Of course I could also use those mats elsewhere, but I'm tempted to ding my first gear-10 toon.

Decisions decisions.....

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2418 on: April 19, 2017, 12:32:02 AM »

You'll need to be 85 and have everybody be 85 and probably have most or all their abilities Omega'd.  You'll also need some really good mods on the team and you'll need an ally for a 6th member that synergizes really well.  If you think 9A is hard, 9B round 3 is a nightmare with all the bounty hunters.

Does being 85 really matter that much? I think it's mainly the Gear and mods can make a difference.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2419 on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:27 AM »

Does being 85 really matter that much? I think it's mainly the Gear and mods can make a difference.

You'll need to be 85 and have everybody be 85 and probably have most or all their abilities Omega'd.  You'll also need some really good mods on the team and you'll need an ally for a 6th member that synergizes really well.  If you think 9A is hard, 9B round 3 is a nightmare with all the bounty hunters.

I agree with Krace. My rebels are by far my best team and get slaughtered (SLAUGHTERED) in that phase. All gear 10+. Level 85. All omegas. The AoE in the third round of that one is no joke.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2420 on: April 19, 2017, 04:19:44 AM »

I agree with Krace. My rebels are by far my best team and get slaughtered (SLAUGHTERED) in that phase. All gear 10+. Level 85. All omegas. The AoE in the third round of that one is no joke.

You only have to watch the first 2 1/2 minutes of this video. He did it with (mostly) Rebels.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8zMFQJ-rowA

----

I just got my Shoretrooper to Gear X. Now at 4*, and not the best mods, he is leading my entire roster in health and protection.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2421 on: April 19, 2017, 05:07:48 AM »

You do realise nobody is doubting you right Calon?  Like, we all know ST is the shiznits, you're preaching to the choir  Tongue  Cheesy

So... I'm a tool.  I geared my Grievous a tiny bit for poops and guffaws, not realising that doing so stole some mats I'd reserved for my EP.  I'm now 10 Mk3 detonator parts short of gearing Palpatine up, and I have to wait another 3 hours before I can request more from my guild  Undecided  Roll Eyes

Yeah, I decided to gear up my EP instead of my Boba.  Reviews told me it's a better choice *shrug*

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2422 on: April 19, 2017, 05:26:17 AM »

You do realise nobody is doubting you right Calon?  Like, we all know ST is the shiznits, you're preaching to the choir  Tongue  Cheesy

Not exactly sure what you mean. If you're saying it because it's the second place I've posted it, then I get you. It's getting rather late, so my brain stops functioning properly. Tongue   Just to give an example of how good he is, I would probably advise an F2P to save crystals to farm him from shipments. Cool

So... I'm a tool.  I geared my Grievous a tiny bit for poops and guffaws, not realising that doing so stole some mats I'd reserved for my EP.  I'm now 10 Mk3 detonator parts short of gearing Palpatine up, and I have to wait another 3 hours before I can request more from my guild  Undecided  Roll Eyes

Yeah, I decided to gear up my EP instead of my Boba.  Reviews told me it's a better choice *shrug*

That sucks. I would definitely recommend EP over Boba, but I feel rather alone in the "I've found Boba underwhelming" club.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2423 on: April 19, 2017, 05:39:09 AM »

lol, I was just poking fun mate  Wink

Yeah, it was silly, but at least my Grievous is gear-7 now  Roll Eyes
Just means an extra day or three before I can gear up EP.
While Boba is great, I've been 3-starring heists pretty easily so I don't feel the extra value in gearing scoundrels.  So as EP is in my arena team as well as my two most fun GW teams ('DS stunlock' and 'Nihilus led Sith'), I'ma give him the love.  I'll get Boba to gear-10 eventually.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2424 on: April 19, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »

You only have to watch the first 2 1/2 minutes of this video. He did it with (mostly) Rebels.

----

I just got my Shoretrooper to Gear X. Now at 4*, and not the best mods, he is leading my entire roster in health and protection.

Congrats on the Shoretrooper. I'm jealous.

As for your video, you're looking at all heavily modded, level 85 toons with other types of toons mixed in with the Rebels, including 1 who can buff block, and does massive AoE damage, and one stunner. It doesn't really fit into your original question, which is why I said what I said. Those nodes are designed to be super tough and require top level, top geared, and top modded toons. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you're not at 85 and find it tough to beat.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done with a rebel squad, but that it will be tough, and you're going to need all you can get. Including leveling up to 85.

lol, I was just poking fun mate  Wink

Yeah, it was silly, but at least my Grievous is gear-7 now  Roll Eyes
Just means an extra day or three before I can gear up EP.
While Boba is great, I've been 3-starring heists pretty easily so I don't feel the extra value in gearing scoundrels.  So as EP is in my arena team as well as my two most fun GW teams ('DS stunlock' and 'Nihilus led Sith'), I'ma give him the love.  I'll get Boba to gear-10 eventually.

But Boab's ship is great as a DS ship in the Tarkin chips challenges, which then unlocks zeta. He's also useful in GW, because he can go with a lot of different setups. Just food for thought.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2425 on: April 19, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »

As for your video, you're looking at all heavily modded, level 85 toons with other types of toons mixed in with the Rebels, including 1 who can buff block, and does massive AoE damage, and one stunner. It doesn't really fit into your original question, which is why I said what I said. Those nodes are designed to be super tough and require top level, top geared, and top modded toons. I'm just saying don't be surprised if you're not at 85 and find it tough to beat.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done with a rebel squad, but that it will be tough, and you're going to need all you can get. Including leveling up to 85.

That pretty much sums it up.  I looked at the video and yeah, even I don't have toons that well modded.  At least not until I start redoing all my mods once I finish my mod farming.  They all had quite a lot of protection and seemed to be mainly geared for offense and crit damage.

There's no harm in trying, but don't be surprised if you get torn up.  

That being said, apparently they have toned down the cartel guys and mercs that are on LS/DS 9 hard battles and added a cooldown to their AOE skill, where before there was none.  Before it was a miracle to survive the barrages in the first couple rounds.  I will be trying to advance to 9C tonight and maybe get some DS progress.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2426 on: April 19, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

Yeah, I can now make it to round 3 since they've reworked it. And then it's all over for me. But at least I'm closet.

Where's the Death Star when you need it?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2427 on: April 19, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »

Well, I just feel like I should try to work up to beating it now that I have access to it. There's just too many toons to work on. There's a slight chance we'll be rocking Heroic tank soon, so I want a team for every Phase. That of course requires all of those to be 7*, so I'm waiting on whether or not we can beat it to determine if I want to start that build. Of course starting now wouldn't hurt even if we can't beat it cause then I can contribute more next time.

As for Shoretrooper, I'm hoping he'll discourage people from attacking my Arena team. I think I am firmly embedded in 150-200 for now, so that's cool.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2428 on: April 19, 2017, 09:13:20 PM »

Honestly, I've put the gameplay levels table on hold for right now.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2429 on: April 20, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »

Well, LS 9C hard mode was a bit of a joke compared to others before.  I took Zeta Barriss lead, Lumi, JKA, Ahsoka, Yoda, and then got an ally with Zeta QGJ.  I freaking smoked that thing for 3* on the first try.  Now I can farm Baze.   Cheesy

Next on the list is to try 9D hard mode so I can farm Krennic.  Then I might see if I can do DS 9 hard modes.  Need to 3* 9B and see what I can do on C and D.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: