Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646144 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2460 on: April 23, 2017, 09:59:18 PM »

Speaking of K-2, just got him to 7*. I had zero (0) of his shards when they put him in the GW shop. Now, 7*.

You're way behind. I was in the same boat and I 7-starred him a while ago. Even though I stopped buying his shards after every refresh. GW toons can be such a short farm.

So, after Nihilus, which trooper is next, Sith or Shore? Does anyone have both for a reasonably unbiased comparison? I'm leaning more towards Sith, since he has Taunt and Counter, and I already have Sith at 3*, but if Shore is actually that much better I'd be willing to set Sith aside to get/build up Shore, so I'm open to opinions.

Do you face Wiggs a lot? Like really a lot? I get them 8/10 Arena teams and 9/10 GW node 12's. If that's the case, definitely Shore. I can't stress how vital the opening taunt is when facing Wiggs. Before I had Shore they would normally target Palpatine with their triple-attack and boom, round lost before it really started. Now with Shoretrooper he takes that hit, and survives it too. Super super tough. Although he usually doesn't get a turn because he's so slow.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2461 on: April 24, 2017, 12:13:15 AM »

What are people's thoughts on Ima-Gun Di?
I'm thinking of farming him to lead my Jedi team for AAT and for the next 7star Yoda
Trying to decide if I should make him my next Cantina farm target.

Thoughts?

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2462 on: April 24, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »

First off, IGD is not recommended for lead in the tank raid.

https://swgohindepth.com/heroic-aat-prep-guide/

I do like him as a lead to my Jedi B team in GW. There aren't a lot of big guns on that team, bit if they all gang up on a counter to a toon with an AoE attack, they can usually take out that one toon and do some moderate damage to others, which is usually what I need that team for.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2463 on: April 24, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »

Interestingly I'd read that article before, and I thought one of the teams suggested for phase one in that link was an IGD lead.  The image seems to suggest it, but once you get further down then it reads "Things you think should work well, but doesn’t really – IGD lead"
That's disappointing.

Then I need to decide if I start farming Barris in earnest instead, or go back to either TFP or B2.

TFP -> doesn't currently have a place in any of my teams, but building him up helps my ships.
B2 -> tag teams with K2SO for my droid team
Barris -> Endgame essential from what I understand.  Short-term, she'd replace one of my existing Jedi for a 'get 7* Yoda' team.

I currently have 7-star QGJ(L), 7-star Ahsoka, 7-star Lumi, JC, Mace.
I'm nowhere near JKA, but I am already 91/80 IGD.  What would you all replace, and with who?

Thoughts?

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2464 on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:56 AM »

I'd put Barriss as your lead, because you'll want everyone to get a heal with each hit. I'd replace Mace, Ahsoka, or JC. You may have to try more than once.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2465 on: April 24, 2017, 03:29:47 PM »

I agree. Daze is vital against Wiggs. That's part of the reason I like K-2 so much. His special dazes, and with his near constant counter, he can spread daze out like crazy.

Well, he doesn't spread daze, but he does spread offense down.  He is quite essential against Biggs though, helps my droid team smoke Rebel teams, which makes up a LOT of my PvP opponents.

Speaking of K-2, just got him to 7*. I had zero (0) of his shards when they put him in the GW shop. Now, 7*.

Now, if I could just get them to put Nihilus in like, Cantina 1-F (which currently has no one's shards), but as a bug that applies only to me, and he's in like DS 27-Q Hard (yes, I know it currently only goes up to 9) for everyone else, that'd be super.

So, after Nihilus, which trooper is next, Sith or Shore? Does anyone have both for a reasonably unbiased comparison? I'm leaning more towards Sith, since he has Taunt and Counter, and I already have Sith at 3*, but if Shore is actually that much better I'd be willing to set Sith aside to get/build up Shore, so I'm open to opinions.

I'd settle for them putting the 3 new Sith in DS 9 Hard mode B, C, and D since those are all unoccupied.  Cantina would be nice, but those DS battles would be acceptable.

As for which trooper, I'd shoot for Shore since he can be farmed right now.

You're way behind. I was in the same boat and I 7-starred him a while ago. Even though I stopped buying his shards after every refresh. GW toons can be such a short farm.

Do you face Wiggs a lot? Like really a lot? I get them 8/10 Arena teams and 9/10 GW node 12's. If that's the case, definitely Shore. I can't stress how vital the opening taunt is when facing Wiggs. Before I had Shore they would normally target Palpatine with their triple-attack and boom, round lost before it really started. Now with Shoretrooper he takes that hit, and survives it too. Super super tough. Although he usually doesn't get a turn because he's so slow.

Pft...  You're BOTH way behind.  Tongue   I had him ages ago.    Cool

Shoretrooper is deffinitely good for facing the initial brunt of an attack, unless of course your opponent strips his buff right off.

What are people's thoughts on Ima-Gun Di?
I'm thinking of farming him to lead my Jedi team for AAT and for the next 7star Yoda
Trying to decide if I should make him my next Cantina farm target.

Thoughts?

I do like him as a lead to my Jedi B team in GW. There aren't a lot of big guns on that team, bit if they all gang up on a counter to a toon with an AoE attack, they can usually take out that one toon and do some moderate damage to others, which is usually what I need that team for.

IGD actually is a decent lead for tank.  I do also use him on my B-team for Jedi to help soften up a group first that is giving me trouble.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83187/heroic-aat-tank-raid-guide-strategy-videos

It's a bit of an older thread, and there have been some revisions on the older phases, but Jedi are still recommended on P1.

Then I need to decide if I start farming Barris in earnest instead, or go back to either TFP or B2.

TFP -> doesn't currently have a place in any of my teams, but building him up helps my ships.
B2 -> tag teams with K2SO for my droid team
Barris -> Endgame essential from what I understand.  Short-term, she'd replace one of my existing Jedi for a 'get 7* Yoda' team.

I currently have 7-star QGJ(L), 7-star Ahsoka, 7-star Lumi, JC, Mace.
I'm nowhere near JKA, but I am already 91/80 IGD.  What would you all replace, and with who?

Thoughts?

If TFP doesn't currently have a place in your squads I'd set him aside and farm B2 in Cantina.  Barriss you can farm in 3 other places in Hard Mode battles.  Mace would be my choice on who to replace.

I'd put Barriss as your lead, because you'll want everyone to get a heal with each hit. I'd replace Mace, Ahsoka, or JC. You may have to try more than once.

Barriss doesn't need to be lead for that.  Her as lead just gives everybody a bigger health pool and gives everybody an 8% heal at the start of each turn.  She has a chance to heal on her basic attack and she will also cause a heal if somebody gets critted if she has her Zeta.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2466 on: April 24, 2017, 03:54:55 PM »

Well, he doesn't spread daze, but he does spread offense down.  He is quite essential against Biggs though, helps my droid team smoke Rebel teams, which makes up a LOT of my PvP opponents.

I'd settle for them putting the 3 new Sith in DS 9 Hard mode B, C, and D since those are all unoccupied.  Cantina would be nice, but those DS battles would be acceptable.

As for which trooper, I'd shoot for Shore since he can be farmed right now.

Pft...  You're BOTH way behind.  Tongue   I had him ages ago.    Cool

Shoretrooper is deffinitely good for facing the initial brunt of an attack, unless of course your opponent strips his buff right off.

IGD actually is a decent lead for tank.  I do also use him on my B-team for Jedi to help soften up a group first that is giving me trouble.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/83187/heroic-aat-tank-raid-guide-strategy-videos

It's a bit of an older thread, and there have been some revisions on the older phases, but Jedi are still recommended on P1.

If TFP doesn't currently have a place in your squads I'd set him aside and farm B2 in Cantina.  Barriss you can farm in 3 other places in Hard Mode battles.  Mace would be my choice on who to replace.

Barriss doesn't need to be lead for that.  Her as lead just gives everybody a bigger health pool and gives everybody an 8% heal at the start of each turn.  She has a chance to heal on her basic attack and she will also cause a heal if somebody gets critted if she has her Zeta.

Yeah, his counter doesn't spread daze, but his counter makes his special pop up more frequently, and his special dazed. That's what I meant.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2467 on: April 25, 2017, 01:36:14 AM »

Yeah, his counter doesn't spread daze, but his counter makes his special pop up more frequently, and his special dazed. That's what I meant.

Why does countering make his special available more often?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2468 on: April 25, 2017, 01:41:05 AM »

His cooldown is only 2. Maybe it's just a perceltion, but I almost always seem to be able to trigger his special. It might not have an effect, but it feels like it does.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2469 on: April 25, 2017, 01:46:59 AM »

His cooldown is only 2. Maybe it's just a perceltion, but I almost always seem to be able to trigger his special. It might not have an effect, but it feels like it does.

It's not like Maul's basic where you actually get another turn on a kill. Just a counter. . .

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2470 on: April 25, 2017, 01:55:19 AM »

It's not like Maul's basic where you actually get another turn on a kill. Just a counter. . .

Correct. His unique is a near 100% counter. I don't k ow of that edge ts his cooldown, but it's easy to give out lots of dazes fairly quickly.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2471 on: April 25, 2017, 02:02:08 AM »

Correct. His unique is a near 100% counter. I don't k ow of that edge ts his cooldown, but it's easy to give out lots of dazes fairly quickly.

Yeah nothing actually makes his daze special cooldown go faster, it's always 2 turns, no matter how many times you counter.  The only thing that would make him get to use his special more often would be on a droid team with HK as lead.  If he counters a bunch and gets crits when he counters that's +50% turn meter, so his turns would come more often and thus his cooldown would come around faster.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2472 on: April 25, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »

It's a long day to go but . . . boom:

I'm on one of the oldest Arena servers in the game too, so it's all players I've seen around since December '15.  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2473 on: April 25, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »

Nice to know you still play LC. We never see you around here anymore. That's pretty cool though. I haven't been up in the top ten for over a year. Back then I was using Barriss(L), EE, Royal Gaurd, Fives and Rey. Btw could I get your ally code again. I needed to make spaces in my ally list for some friends and cleared out all the people I didn't know. I do recall deleting a Th'raw'n from the list. Is there anyone else I don't have as an ally? I know I've got calpon and LR but I don't know about anyone else.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have 99/100 shards to get vader to 7*. That last one won't show up now that I need it. I also have 11/20 zetas. It is hard just buying them from fleet store.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2474 on: April 25, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »

I've been insanely busy for the last 6+ weeks . . . pretty much only had time to do the minimum stuff daily for a while . . . finally getting back in the swing of the game again.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: