Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646157 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3240 on: July 15, 2017, 10:28:53 PM »

All right, today's the last day I did any other activities (activities with the intention to climb in any rank) than my dailies. I'm really pissed how that game evolved and still evolves. 1 PvP out of 5, no chance against teams that I normally have no problems with. Not to mention the PvP teams I get in general.
And it's not just because of RNG, I begin to hate those who use RNG only to explain success or failure. It's also that ongoing harassment of F2P users regarding all those new chars and events, totally unfair and absurd matchmaking in GW, meaningless power values, Mod nonsense...SHIP NONSENSE...
And no, I haven't synced my roster with swgoh.gg, and I won't do it. For me, it doesn't make sense anymore to share chars that became completely useless in the current game version. It's all about Thrawn, Phoenix, R2/Z2, Kylo/Zylo, Chaze now - insanely modded from the AI and thus impossible for Human players to equally mod them, of course. Without those chars you don't even have a small chance now to survive in that game. A small chance with the best 5-dot mods, perhaps, but still incredibly low.

No, don't even think about persuading me, I'm really frustrated. There are other games (even P2W) that changed their F2P model so that non-paying players don't face that many restrictions anymore some of which could only be overcome by paying for in-game currency. I'm talking about recent changes in Star Wars - The Old Republic from EA/BioWare, a game I purchased a recurring subscription for. Yes, you read correctly - it's an EA game! And no, it's not the same with SWGOH - in SWTOR you pay once for a period of time and get access to all areas and functions. You get what you pay for. In SWGOH you pay for every package and/or toon separately - and you don't even know what you get for your money! 5 Shards for 20$, 50$ or even 100$? A 3-dot Mod? No sir, that's rip-off, nothing else!

I'm fed up, really. Sorry if I overreacted in my post, but it's just not what I expect from a game. It should be fun for everyone, and not be frustrating or even building aggression.

It's OK, I've been in that spot before Racona.  Even though I put money into the game, I still routinely have trouble on PvP certain days where I constantly get teams that should be beatable, but they get every possible good opportunity and I get practically none, so they just wipe the floor with me.  I will agree that GW as of late has become more difficult(Thrawn is mainly the culprit) and the teams that are used as opponents sometimes are beyond outrageous.  As for ships, I have put a LOT of effort into it and it has become better for me.  The game has been changing a lot more constantly than it did during its first year.  More updates, more new characters, more new events, etc.  While growth in a game is good, it has also caused strains for some players to keep up.

And don't feel bad for paying for a sub for SWTOR, I have a sub too and really enjoy the game.  It is nice that you pay your monthly fee and get access to everything and they give you some premium currency to spend in the specialty shop.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3241 on: July 15, 2017, 10:54:17 PM »

I just got Fulcrum to gear 8. First one of my characters to get there.

Congrats! It's actually Gear 7 though. Either way, your Fulcrum is higher than mine. Smiley

----

I managed to beat all the tiers of all the events today. Especially nice for the rebel/clone one, because it's the first time I beat the bonus. Only two characters left standing though, Palpatine is a tank that hits like a freight train.

Empire/droid event was a walk in the park. Even the bonus tier I had all 5 guys with almost full protection (and health, of course) at the end. Thrawn is really helpful for fracturing one Ewok elder while you work down the other.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3242 on: July 16, 2017, 12:59:57 AM »

Congrats! It's actually Gear 7 though. Either way, your Fulcrum is higher than mine. Smiley

You're right. I keep seeing the arrow pointing towards the gear 8. But your Fulcrum is still more powerful than mine.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3243 on: July 16, 2017, 01:37:44 AM »

You're right. I keep seeing the arrow pointing towards the gear 8. But your Fulcrum is still more powerful than mine.

Ah. Is mine really more powerful? Yours is higher Gear. Must be the mods. I've never actually used Fulcrum myself,  but I've fought her in Arena before. Doesn't seem very impressive, but then again, I've heard the AI doesn't use her correctly.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3244 on: July 16, 2017, 04:09:14 AM »

Ah. Is mine really more powerful? Yours is higher Gear. Must be the mods. I've never actually used Fulcrum myself,  but I've fought her in Arena before. Doesn't seem very impressive, but then again, I've heard the AI doesn't use her correctly.

Your's says it has 5000+ power, mine only has like 3000+ power. Yours is level 70, mine is only 57 I think. Yours is 3* mine is 2*. Everything on yours is higher except gear level. You have a full thing of health mods on yours, I only have 2. She can be quite good if you know how to use her. But I also know how to defeat her super easily. Plus she gets health almost every time someone gets hit whether they are your toons or the enemies. I don't know. Maybe she's not that good, and I shouldn't use her, but for now, she is my favorite LS character.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3245 on: July 17, 2017, 02:16:58 AM »

Whew! That was quite the finish to GW. Node 11 was Rex lead, Zylo, Kenobi, ZR-2, and someone I forget. I lost Palpatine and TFP. Since it was a fairly difficult battle I was hoping I may have broken GW. Node 12: Thrawn lead, Death Trooper, Kenobi, Shoretrooper, and Nihilus all fully maxed. My dudes performed. I thought I would have no chance even with all my characters. I went Thrawn (L), Vader, Shoretrooper, Maul, and Nihilus. Oh man, it was craziness. I lost Maul and Shore fairly quickly, but I got an Annihilate on their Nihilus. Then I got an Annihilate on their Death Trooper. Then I killed Thrawn and GK and finished of with yet another Annihilate on Shoretrooper.

Nihilus FTW!

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3246 on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:10 PM »

New personal best for arena ranking:  Yesterday I cashed in at rank 27  Grin
I doubt I'll get much lower until I get a second zeta or a Thrawn, but still pleased with the change in average rankings since I moved to the Zader empire team.
Speaking of which, zeta drops have been horrible for me lately.  No zetas at all on the last 3 weekends, and only 4 in total from Thursday drops over the last few weeks.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3247 on: July 18, 2017, 04:00:45 AM »

Reached level 60.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3248 on: July 18, 2017, 04:06:17 AM »

Woohoo!  Good loot on Rancor tonight.

Got enough parts to finish 2 different pieces of gear(one of them being the ever so rare Stun Gun) and was able to bump Thrawn to Gear 10.  Gonna take a bit for Gear 11 since I'm only at 1/6, but that's OK.

Still up in the air who I'm gonna Zeta next, but we'll see.  Thinking about Vader or QGJ, or maybe putting together a Nihilus heath steal team with Dooku, Savage, and Sith Trooper.

Nearly done with Vader's TIE, but still working on Ghost, Phantom, and Gauntlet.  Hopefully gonna speed up my Zeta farming with less ships I'm working on.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3249 on: July 18, 2017, 04:29:53 AM »

Reached level 60.
Nice one man, getting there :-)
How's your collection going?  Anything you need advice on, or help with?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3250 on: July 18, 2017, 04:36:11 AM »

Congrats to Soul and Taegin. For TR, ships are nice, lots of good stuff in that store.

Woohoo!  Good loot on Rancor tonight.

Got enough parts to finish 2 different pieces of gear(one of them being the ever so rare Stun Gun) and was able to bump Thrawn to Gear 10.  Gonna take a bit for Gear 11 since I'm only at 1/6, but that's OK.

Still up in the air who I'm gonna Zeta next, but we'll see.  Thinking about Vader or QGJ, or maybe putting together a Nihilus heath steal team with Dooku, Savage, and Sith Trooper.

Nice. You won't be disappointed in Thrawn, he makes everything easier.

I highly recommend you zeta Qui-Gon. You already have zetas on Barriss, Yoda, and R2. ZQGJ lead with those 3, throw in you JKA, and that would be one heck of an arena team.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3251 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:49 AM »

Congrats to Soul and Taegin. For TR, ships are nice, lots of good stuff in that store.

Nice. You won't be disappointed in Thrawn, he makes everything easier.

I highly recommend you zeta Qui-Gon. You already have zetas on Barriss, Yoda, and R2. ZQGJ lead with those 3, throw in you JKA, and that would be one heck of an arena team.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking with ZQGJ since I've already put in so much work with my Jedi.  I dunno if I'd stick R2 in or not since he gains no synergy from QGJ lead, though his Zeta applies to the rest of the group.  Might wait to put him in until the point where I have both his Zetas.  ZQGJ, Barriss, and Yoda are a given, plus JKA, then I'd have to decide Lumi or Ahsoka.  Kinda leaning towards Ahsoka because with her Unique and ZQGJ lead she has 230 speed at the start of the fight which gives her +690 Offense.  Though Lumi has Ability Block.  Probably would depend on my opponent.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3252 on: July 18, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »

Nice one man, getting there :-)
How's your collection going?  Anything you need advice on, or help with?

It's not going bad, I don't have a good rebel team yet, but I'm working on it. I don't know of anything I need help on ATM, but if I think of something I'll ask. Who do you recommend as the 5th in my Scoundrel squad?

My iPad barely runs the game as it is, and when I try to do the Ship battles, it crashes almost every time. But, the store will be nice.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3253 on: July 18, 2017, 10:52:29 AM »

Who do you recommend as the 5th in my Scoundrel squad?

You're Ralen in game right?

If so, it looks like you're running Chewie, Boba, St Han, and Lando.  I'd suggest looking at IG88 as he'll be vital for your droid team later on as well.  Plus he is great dps anyway, with ability block and some killer debuffs.

Side note, I'm surprised you don't have Biggs.  Doesn't everyone get him as a freebie at the beginning?

It looks like you're leveling most of your toons as you gain levels.  Just a heads up, you will start to run out of credits fast if you continue to do that.  Pick your best and most important characters, and focus on them.  Everything else can get table scraps as it were  Tongue

(If you're not Ralen then tell me your ID# and I'll find you lol )

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3254 on: July 18, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking with ZQGJ since I've already put in so much work with my Jedi.  I dunno if I'd stick R2 in or not since he gains no synergy from QGJ lead, though his Zeta applies to the rest of the group.  Might wait to put him in until the point where I have both his Zetas.  ZQGJ, Barriss, and Yoda are a given, plus JKA, then I'd have to decide Lumi or Ahsoka.  Kinda leaning towards Ahsoka because with her Unique and ZQGJ lead she has 230 speed at the start of the fight which gives her +690 Offense.  Though Lumi has Ability Block.  Probably would depend on my opponent.

Bad choice man. R2 is in 12 out of 13 zeta QGJ teams in the top 50 of my shard. He fits in perfectly and is very annoying to play against with the stun and stealth.

Side note, I'm surprised you don't have Biggs.  Doesn't everyone get him as a freebie at the beginning?

I don't think so. He's easily accessible once you reach level 40 in the GW store.

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: