Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646207 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3780 on: February 02, 2018, 12:36:32 AM »

Holdo was not hard to get to G8.  Rose isn't that hard either, but I was more focused on Holdo.  She will be more valuable as things go on, but as of yet you can't upgrade either past 3*.

The sooner the better too, cuz they've already started throwing Holdo and Rose into TB which is bullcrap.  Our guild was pretty much set on almost any LS toon up to like 7* and now we're back to getting blocked at 5* thanks to a brand new toons.  I feel like unless a toon is available to be farmed other than crystals, it shouldn't be allowed in TB.  On the bright side, at least now Kylo Unmasked and his ship, as well as FOSFTFP and his ship are farmable.

I haven't started working on my Resistance team yet, so I don't really care about Holdo or Rose right now. But if they are easy to gear I might do that.

FOSFTFP. I just love that abbreviation. Cheesy Where is he farmable from?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3781 on: February 02, 2018, 03:10:38 AM »

I haven't started working on my Resistance team yet, so I don't really care about Holdo or Rose right now. But if they are easy to gear I might do that.

FOSFTFP. I just love that abbreviation. Cheesy Where is he farmable from?

Yeah, you should start on Resistance soon once you get Phoenix done.  You need Resistance for 1 or 2 events and they are a really kick butt team for HAAT.

Heh, his name is so long that SF is abbreviated even in his character name.  I don't think anybody else is.  As for his farmable location, he and his TF are both found in Guild Shop now.  From what I've found they added a new slot for characters to appear and he or his TF are in that new slot a lot.  Unmasked Kylo AND his TIE are in Cantina battle 3-F, which is cheaper in energy and with both there that was a bit of unprecedented generosity.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3782 on: February 05, 2018, 11:02:46 PM »

Announcements for the Vader and Palpie rework are out, and they look respectable.  Vader seems to have gotten some more noticeable up front love, whereas time and testing will be required to see how much of an improvement Palpie's changes will be.

Just waiting for Krace to copy/paste the whole thing here now   Tongue

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3783 on: February 05, 2018, 11:05:24 PM »

Announcements for the Vader and Palpie rework are out, and they look respectable.  Vader seems to have gotten some more noticeable up front love, whereas time and testing will be required to see how much of an improvement Palpie's changes will be.

Just waiting for Krace to copy/paste the whole thing here now   Tongue

This made me laugh. But it would be nice seeing as this is where I get all my information about the game.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3784 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:30 PM »

Did you all see that Home One was back to being first capital ship of the month?  Like it was on all the other previous runs.  Gee, imagine that, when it isn't important anymore that you get those last blueprints before the Chimera comes up.  Not that it matters since they added an extra day so you could do Home One and then Chimera, but still.

Announcements for the Vader and Palpie rework are out, and they look respectable.  Vader seems to have gotten some more noticeable up front love, whereas time and testing will be required to see how much of an improvement Palpie's changes will be.

Just waiting for Krace to copy/paste the whole thing here now   Tongue

This made me laugh. But it would be nice seeing as this is where I get all my information about the game.

Lol, you lazy bums.   Tongue   Should make you find your own info.    Wink

Here it is though:

UNIT NAME: Darth Vader
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Attacker
ABILITIES: Changes are colored green

Basic: TERRIFYING SWING
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Jedi and Rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist the effects of this attack.

Special 1: FORCE CRUSH
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Speed Down and 3 Damage Over Time effects for 2 turns. This attack can't be Countered. (Cooldown 5)

Unique: No Escape
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires.

UNIT NAME: Emperor Palpatine
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Empire, Support
ABILITIES:Changes are colored green

Basic: LIGHTNING STRIKE
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to target enemy and Shock them for 3 turns. Then, Palpatine gains 15% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. Shock: Can't gain Health, Buffs, or bonus Turn Meter.

Special 1: The Power of the Dark Side
FINAL TEXT: Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 70% chance to Stun them for 1 turn. Shocked enemies are Stunned for 2 turns and have their Shock dispelled. All allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 4)

Special 2: Let the Hate Flow
FINAL TEXT: All other units lose 5% Health and Palptine recovers Health equal to 150% the total amount lost. Palpatine gains 50% Turn Meter for each Shocked enemy. All allies gain Health Steal Up for 1 turn. (Cooldown 3)

Leader: Emperor of the Galactic Empire
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Empire and Sith allies have +35% Potency and 35% Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -35% Potency and -35% Evasion. When an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they gain 20% Turn Meter. When a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn, they recover 20% Health. When a debuff on an enemy expires, Empire and Sith allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

Unique: Crackling Doom
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While Palpatine is active, at the start of each enemy turn, they take damage equal to 20% of their Max Health for each of the following: they are Shocked; they are a Jedi; they are a Rebel. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine has +50% Max Protection, and, when he inflicts Shock, he gains 5% Max Protection until the end of the encounter.

Also, to clarify on EP they just added a Shock definition to his basic.  Also they moved part of his 2nd special to his AOE and then his second special got a rework.

Oh and here's another link if you want some videos:

Revealed: Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3785 on: February 06, 2018, 12:08:54 AM »

Thanks Krace!   Cheesy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3786 on: February 06, 2018, 12:16:16 AM »

Yes, thanks. And just because there is nothing said about it, Vader will still have his "Culling Blade" special correct?

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3787 on: February 06, 2018, 12:17:26 AM »

Yes, thanks. And just because there is nothing said about it, Vader will still have his "Culling Blade" special correct?

Any abilities not changed were not mentioned  Smiley

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3788 on: February 06, 2018, 04:54:30 AM »

Just joined all of you cool kids in the 2M GP club!

And I’m excited for these reworks. I have one zeta saved. Really hoping I can use DS in arena.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3789 on: February 06, 2018, 09:01:28 PM »

And I’m excited for these reworks. I have one zeta saved. Really hoping I can use DS in arena.

Congrats  Smiley

Yeah, it'd be cool if these changes made something other than the titans viable in high-end arena.  The irony that I (and most other people) have put so much work into light side/rebel teams only to now be hoping to abandon them for the dark side  Roll Eyes

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3790 on: February 06, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »

Congrats

Congrats  Smiley

Yeah, it'd be cool if these changes made something other than the titans viable in high-end arena.  The irony that I (and most other people) have put so much work into light side/rebel teams only to now be hoping to abandon them for the dark side  Roll Eyes

Well, anybody who's been in the game for 6-12 months should remember back before the days of CLS.  EP was always a favorite on various Sith teams, especially ones like Zaul.  Thankfully my EP and Vader are already geared up to 11 and pretty much ready for use.  Course now I'm more undecided on which Zeta to throw my next one into.  I was considering Veers, but now Vader and EP are both tempting.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3791 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:42 PM »

Yeah I'm almost up to 2 zetas ready to go.  Glad I decided to hold off on giving one to Raid Han.  Yes I know he deserves it, but so does mother flippin' Palpatine and freekin Vader, so ner.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3792 on: February 07, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »

Congrats  Smiley
Congrats

Thanks  Smiley

Okay, woah. Titans may have been the deal a couple months ago. Nowadays RJT and Nightsisters are much better. I run a 7 zeta, G12, 106k titans with decent mods in arena. It’s not the best team by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, I can beat every team most of the time, but I’m one of precious few still running CLS. The two I mentioned are better options and most people in the top end have one or the other.

That said, it’s still a good team to work towards, since those 5 chars are very versatile and work in most teams. It just doesn’t hold nearly as well on defense anymore and needs a bit of RNG to beat some teams.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3793 on: February 07, 2018, 08:34:47 PM »

New Sith coming in.  Sith Maurader:

UNIT NAME: Sith Marauder
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Attacker
Destructive Sith Attacker that takes advantage of all buffs and debuffs in battle

ABILITIES:
Basic: STRENGTH THROUGH PASSION
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns.

Special 1: VICTORY THROUGH POWER
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant all allies Potency Up for 2 turns.
Characters: If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce the target's Max Health by 15% until end of the encounter (not resistible).
Raid Bosses: This attack ignores Armor.

Unique: THE FORCE SHALL FREE ME
Sith Marauder has +5% Defense, +5% Health Steal and +5% Tenacity for each buff on all characters. Sith Marauder has +2% Critical Chance, +2% Offense and +2% Potency for each debuff on all characters. When an enemy uses an ability outside of their turn, Sith Marauder gains 20% Turn Meter.

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization

In PvE...
Sith Marauder’s basic ability, “Strength Through Passion,” generates Offense Down that helps reduce the damage coming at the team and gives an additional debuff which scales up his own damage.

His Special, “Victory Through Power,” is very effective in dealing damage against Raid bosses and grants Potency Up. The Potency Up should allow teams like Vader/Wampa to more reliably apply negative effects.

Marauder’s Unique, “The Force Shall Free Me,” scales exceedingly well with Vader lead, as it helps Sith Marauder spin up over time. The Health Steal and Offense scaling also plays well with Nihilus lead and allows Marauder to recover quickly when he attacks.

In PvP...
Sith Marauder hits hard and his saber-throw is as mesmerizing as it is deadly. Marauder fits in nicely with a Zeta-upgraded Darth Vader-led squad. The persistence of Damage Over Time effects means Marauder will have a consistent damage boost throughout the encounter.

Sith Marauder also pairs nicely with Wampa, since both have strong synergy with Vader’s lead. When they’re all together, Vader, Marauder and the gang do considerable damage in Territory Wars, slicing through their opponents with style and malice.

Here is the link to the article which also has a few short displays of attacks and gameplay:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157527/character-strategy-sith-marauder

Also here's a link to a video review of the character:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjotasHbY9c&t=542s

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3794 on: February 08, 2018, 05:55:38 PM »

Just reached level 85 today.