Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 668911 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1215 on: January 15, 2017, 12:53:44 AM »

So . . . this happened tonight:

Still can't believe it . . .

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1216 on: January 15, 2017, 01:12:35 AM »

I'd take that...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1217 on: January 15, 2017, 01:18:43 AM »

So . . . this happened tonight:

Still can't believe it . . .

Oooooo....Lots of sparkly crystals!!!

Good job, LC.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1218 on: January 15, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »

FYI everybody, this Military Might event is pretty much only for the high level people that are 80+ and have 7* characters.

I was able to blow through Tier 1 without much trouble, though I lost a guy on the last battle which made me mad.

Tier 2 is a whole step above in difficulty and damage output.  I made it to round 4 with Vader and lost most of my group but I beat it, and then died on round five.

For those that can participate you absolutely want Ackbar as leader.  They give you a special ability that gives you a HoT, counter attack and double damage for 1 turn.  With Ackbar leading this counts as a non-attack so somebody else will step in and attack for you when you use it.  Bear in mind you don't want to use it towards the end of a round because you need to get a turn again to get the heal.  If you have a fully powered Lando that's modded for speed you should definitely use him instead of Leia.  Wiggs is a must of course, and you'll probably want a tank.  I have K-2SO and he's definitely gold here.  The Emperor hits like a truck and can kill one of your people with full health.  He's also got like 5 RG with him so be ready for that pain.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1219 on: January 15, 2017, 03:23:39 AM »

What are the rewards for Military Might?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1220 on: January 15, 2017, 03:31:14 AM »

What are the rewards for Military Might?

You should be able to look for yourself.  It's a bunch of shards for Imperial toons, some training droids, some credits, and some various gear.  There's also a "first time bonus" for each tier and since I wasn't able to complete this last time around I got the first time bonus for Tier 1.  Tomorrow I won't get that bonus when I complete Tier 1 again.  I wish I had Lando up to 7* and all geared and modded out so I could maybe beat Tier 2.  You do get an Achievement though if you're able to at least complete Tier 1.  It's some Vader shards and other things.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1221 on: January 15, 2017, 03:52:15 AM »

You should be able to look for yourself.  It's a bunch of shards for Imperial toons, some training droids, some credits, and some various gear.  There's also a "first time bonus" for each tier and since I wasn't able to complete this last time around I got the first time bonus for Tier 1.  Tomorrow I won't get that bonus when I complete Tier 1 again.  I wish I had Lando up to 7* and all geared and modded out so I could maybe beat Tier 2.  You do get an Achievement though if you're able to at least complete Tier 1.  It's some Vader shards and other things.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to scroll through the rewards. It's something with my game that wouldn't let me do it. I didn't realize the first time bonus was so big. Over a million credits on top of all the shards and gear. I refreshed with 100 of my 102 crystals to go again. What a huge drop in rewards. Only a couple shards, a couple pieces of gear, and just over 100k in credits. I should've kept the crystals.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1222 on: January 15, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to scroll through the rewards. It's something with my game that wouldn't let me do it. I didn't realize the first time bonus was so big. Over a million credits o top of all the shards and gear. I refreshed with 100 of my 102 crystals to go again. What a huge drop in rewards. only a couple shards, a couple pieces of gear, and just over 100k in credits. I should've kept the crystals.

My game does that to me too sometimes, though thankfully not all the time.  It varies where I am and what I'm looking at on letting me look through the rewards, required units, etc.  Can be quite annoying.

Sorry you wasted your crystals.  I would have told ya if you had asked if it was worth doing it a second time.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1223 on: January 15, 2017, 04:26:20 AM »

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to scroll through the rewards. It's something with my game that wouldn't let me do it.

I think it's a bug in the last Release - I can't scroll in any of those windows anymore either.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1224 on: January 15, 2017, 04:45:17 AM »

That's what Darth Maul just did to poor Mace Windu. Granted, it was a crit, but this is level 70 and Gear 8. LC, this is why I keep my eye open for Jedi squads in the Arena. Smiley

You should be able to look for yourself.  It's a bunch of shards for Imperial toons, some training droids, some credits, and some various gear.  There's also a "first time bonus" for each tier and since I wasn't able to complete this last time around I got the first time bonus for Tier 1.  Tomorrow I won't get that bonus when I complete Tier 1 again.  I wish I had Lando up to 7* and all geared and modded out so I could maybe beat Tier 2.  You do get an Achievement though if you're able to at least complete Tier 1.  It's some Vader shards and other things.

Apparently I need level 78 to see even the rewards. Smiley

----

Just promoted Ahsoka and Wedge's ships to 3*. That makes a fleet of 3* for me, but now I need two 3* reinforcements before they let me battle for 4* Home One. One of those has to come all the way from 1*. Angry

Although, seeing as that would take 40 blueprints, I could go for 50 and unlock Scimitar . . . .

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1225 on: January 15, 2017, 07:27:09 AM »

Just got 6* Yoda. 

Already have Luminara at 7*, so just 4 more to go.  I should have it by the next event.  Although I may wait until I can use Anakin.  I did just pull 15 Ahsoka shards from a Bronzium, so I think I'm about halfway on her.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1226 on: January 15, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »

I did just pull 15 Ahsoka shards from a Bronzium, so I think I'm about halfway on her.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1227 on: January 15, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

I did just pull 15 Ahsoka shards from a Bronzium, so I think I'm about halfway on her.
Horseshoe...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1228 on: January 15, 2017, 03:07:55 PM »

Ok, here's what I've found:

If you do enough draws, eventually you pull good/useful stuff.  I don't do Bronzium draws until I have a minimum of 10,000 AP, and then I go through it all at once.  Usually there are 10-20 draws between character shards, and usually I'll draw two characters back to back, then nothing for another 10-20 draws.  The more you do at once, the more character shards it seems you get.  Statistically, I doubt it's actually the case, it just feels that way because you're doing so many all at once, rather than spreading them out over days worth of pulls.  And when you do so many, eventually you'll pull characters you already have and get the higher shard compensation.  Admittedly the other day when I pulled Ahsoka twice for 30 shards was pretty much luck.  And when they first gave us the free 5000 and I pulled Mace I was shocked.  But some days it's all Ewok Scouts and IG-100s.

As for saving the AP for tournaments, I'm not strong enough to get into the very highest tiers, nor am I spending the money to get there.  The last two we had, Jyn and Vader's TIE Fighter, I set a goal for how far I wanted to get, got there, made it one more tier with The TIE one, and didn't have a strong enough team, even using my best possible squad to get any further.  So for those, realistically I'm not going to get into the top anyway, I am managing to get to where I want to be, so I choose to use my AP to get characters and gear. 

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1229 on: January 15, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »

I see. It seemed like you were doing what I do, and only wait until I have around 2000 AP, so it seemed like you were getting nothing but amazing all the time. Smiley

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't use my AP for tournaments either really. I'm still not even at lvl 70, so it's kind of futile...

Shards though...man!

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: