Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646150 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2190 on: March 25, 2017, 03:48:18 AM »

I think the earliest I've gotten a shard was GW 6.

Node 3 for me.

Did you mean Tier 3, not Tier 2?

There is no tier 3 on mine.

Nice job on completing Tier 2, it's definitely a challenge.  Especially since if you kill the Ewok Elder on round 8 before you kill Teebo then he auto-rezzes a bunch of the peons with that damn buff.

I was cackling like a freaking madman when I did the Ewok event.  My team was HK lead, 88, 86, B2, and K-2SO.  Oh man that was hilarious.  K-2SO taunts when he attacks, so then one Ewok shoots him.  Oh look, now B2 gets to go in retaliation.  He either mows down the entire group with his AoE attack or maims most of them and strips all their buffs.  This continues in pretty much every round.  Of course HK and 88 chime in with their own AoE's to kill whole groups, and 86 just lays in wait for anybody that needs a serious double attack thrashing.  I cleared Tier 2 about as easily as I cleared Tier 1 with how effective that group was.

I cleared both tiers as well. Which is a surprise, seeing as they said tier 2 was for fully maxed toons. I don't have any at Gear 10 yet, and I was running a 3* Gear 7 Shoretrooper along with 7* Gear 6 IG-86.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2191 on: March 25, 2017, 04:22:27 AM »

There is no tier 3 on mine.

I cleared both tiers as well. Which is a surprise, seeing as they said tier 2 was for fully maxed toons. I don't have any at Gear 10 yet, and I was running a 3* Gear 7 Shoretrooper along with 7* Gear 6 IG-86.

We weren't talking about the Ewok event, talking about the Credit Heist Tier 3.

Hmm...  Now that you say that, it did seem like the Ewok event had been toned down a bit, like the health for some of them had been lowered.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2192 on: March 25, 2017, 04:34:01 AM »

I'm so excited right now!! Just hit level 80, and:

Emperor Palpatine - Gear X

Darth Vader - Gear X

Biggs Darklighter - Gear X

I'm finally get to have Gear 10. BOOYA!

Oh, and I bet you don't see this everyday:

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2193 on: March 25, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »

Congratulations Darth Calon!

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2194 on: March 25, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »

Soul, that's just an awesome picture  Cheesy

Well, finished tier one of Ewoks, finally.  It's not that it was difficult, it's just that on the last 3-4 tries, I needed to get in about two more hits but couldn't manage it...  Finally leveled up a few characters, got a couple of not great but better than I had mods, and finally pulled it off.  And the reward credits and achievement Vader shards got him to 7* for me (yeah, I know, I'm way behind everyone else).

On the other hand, being level 84 gives me access to the final tiers of the credit/droid/ability mats challenges, and I've 3 starred all of those.  All in all, not a bad last few days.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2195 on: March 25, 2017, 02:50:44 PM »

So. . . the more toons I up to level 80 the more GW sucks? Am I understanding this correctly?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2196 on: March 25, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »

So. . . the more toons I up to level 80 the more GW sucks? Am I understanding this correctly?

There is a high probability that your character levels at least partially determine GW difficulty. I have one (Rey) above level 80. All the rest of mine are in the low to mid 70s, and I almost always just fly through GW.

This is one of the reasons gear and mods are so important.  Just having a character at level 80 isn't enough.  Leveling them up without having the gear/mods to actually power them up just makes the game really hard. On the their hand, having them lower level (70's) with high gear (8+) and decent mods makes the game fairly easy.  GW is almost never a problem, though I would like to do better in arena.  But my 28,000 squad power regularly beats 35,000 squad power opponents in the arena (although the AI doesn't have the fastest processor on the planet, if you get my drift).

On that note, having your capital ship at 5* makes a ton of difference in fleet battles.  They need to add the Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber though.  Be neat to see the Royal Guard version of the Interceptor with him as pilot.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2197 on: March 25, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »

This is one of the reasons gear and mods are so important.  Just having a character at level 80 isn't enough.  Leveling them up without having the gear/mods to actually power them up just makes the game really hard. On the their hand, having them lower level (70's) with high gear (8+) and decent mods makes the game fairly easy.  GW is almost never a problem, though I would like to do better in arena.  But my 28,000 squad power regularly beats 35,000 squad power opponents in the arena (although the AI doesn't have the fastest processor on the planet,

My Arena team has 35,000 power.  Grin

But seriously, I'm not going to forgot this. Don't level a toon for no reason.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2198 on: March 25, 2017, 06:26:58 PM »

I tried Ewok Tier 2 with EP (L), Vader, RG, IG-86 and K2-SO. No problems up to Level 8 and was almost getting 3* for it (currently 2), but K2 was shot shortly before I finished -.-

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2199 on: March 25, 2017, 09:50:02 PM »

There is a high probability that your character levels at least partially determine GW difficulty. I have one (Rey) above level 80. All the rest of mine are in the low to mid 70s, and I almost always just fly through GW.

This is one of the reasons gear and mods are so important.  Just having a character at level 80 isn't enough.  Leveling them up without having the gear/mods to actually power them up just makes the game really hard. On the their hand, having them lower level (70's) with high gear (8+) and decent mods makes the game fairly easy.  GW is almost never a problem, though I would like to do better in arena.  But my 28,000 squad power regularly beats 35,000 squad power opponents in the arena (although the AI doesn't have the fastest processor on the planet, if you get my drift).

On that note, having your capital ship at 5* makes a ton of difference in fleet battles.  They need to add the Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber though.  Be neat to see the Royal Guard version of the Interceptor with him as pilot.

My Arena team has 35,000 power.  Grin

But seriously, I'm not going to forgot this. Don't level a toon for no reason.

Yeah, that's probably part of the reason my GW became unbeatable at one point was I had so many at max level.

My arena team is at 45k power, but some teams that are lower give me trouble, depending on composition.

I too would like to see some more DS ships, but sadly you'd have to make more characters too for pilots.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2200 on: March 26, 2017, 02:30:59 AM »

Shoretrooper up to 4* and Gear 8. Grin

I too would like to see some more DS ships, but sadly you'd have to make more characters too for pilots.

Palpatine? Royal Guard? General Grevious? MagnaGuard?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2201 on: March 26, 2017, 03:04:38 AM »

Palpatine? Royal Guard? General Grevious? MagnaGuard?

I was more speaking to the ships that Vivectius was talking about.  The TIE/IN and TIE/SA.

As for those toons being pilots, EP really doesn't make sense, and RG could be made into a pilot of the RG TIE/IN.  GG I think they are saving to make him perhaps a crew for the capital ship Malevolence or they could put him his personal Belbullab-22, Soulless One.  As for MagnaGuard I don't see him being made into a pilot.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2202 on: March 26, 2017, 03:29:30 AM »

I was more speaking to the ships that Vivectius was talking about.  The TIE/IN and TIE/SA.

As for those toons being pilots, EP really doesn't make sense, and RG could be made into a pilot of the RG TIE/IN.  GG I think they are saving to make him perhaps a crew for the capital ship Malevolence or they could put him his personal Belbullab-22, Soulless One.  As for MagnaGuard I don't see him being made into a pilot.

Right. I didn't think EP would really work, just throwing it out there. Grevious could work as a Fleet Commander plus he has that personal starfighter. There is a MagnaGuard starfighter too, but I agree that it would be unlikely.

Maybe a JKA starfighter?

----

The rewards for completing the Ewok event the second time are mostly junk, in case anyone reading this hasn't already played it twice.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2203 on: March 26, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »

I played it even the 4th time, and today I managed to finish it with 3* Cheesy I found the rewards quite suitable, could convert all the Teebo shards into Shard Shop currency Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2204 on: March 27, 2017, 01:30:58 PM »

Maybe a JKA starfighter?

----

The rewards for completing the Ewok event the second time are mostly junk, in case anyone reading this hasn't already played it twice.

It would make sense, but I think there's enough Republic ships already.  No need to make Mace Windu's ship even more OP than it is right now.

I played it even the 4th time, and today I managed to finish it with 3* Cheesy I found the rewards quite suitable, could convert all the Teebo shards into Shard Shop currency Tongue

Yeah, the subsequent rewards after the first time ones aren't all that great, but I'll take them. 

I wish that the event had given me more Chirpa shards, but all I got was the other 3.  Need to get Chirpa and boost him up so I can get Chirpatine going for P3 in the Tank Raid.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: