Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646156 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2805 on: May 27, 2017, 12:04:42 AM »

Go into you characters and in the top click on the ALL on the left, sort to empire for tarkin, and Imperial Troopers for them. They are the key to getting R2 if you don't plan on spending any money. However don't start on the troopers until you're about level 30, tarkin ASAP.

Ok, I can do that.

Yeah he said that because you posted that you were starting in the middle of our discussion about an event.

Ok. I'll keep a spot open. Are you going to be Pay to win(paying money to advance) or free to play(not spending any money ingame)

I realize that now.

It isn't necessary for you to keep a spot open just for me. If there is still one when I get there, that is fine, but don't worry about saving it. I will probably be comepletely F2P. I'm cheap.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2806 on: May 27, 2017, 12:15:21 AM »

It isn't necessary for you to keep a spot open just for me. If there is still one when I get there, that is fine, but don't worry about saving it. I will probably be comepletely F2P. I'm cheap.
I always keep a spot open as it is and anyways you're my friend so I'll be merciful. You're not cheap, I'm F2P too and I'm ding beyond good in this game.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2807 on: May 27, 2017, 12:44:53 AM »

Seeing as everyone is giving you slightly more long term advice about how to play the game, I'ma go a different route....

Tips?
I think you get Biggs early-ish on.  He is better than you think, invest in him.  You get Chewie too, and he's great for your early game, but ease off him once you start getting a few toons.  Royal Guard is much better later on than he seems, do his hard modes to get his character shards every day.   Once Lando's character shards become farm-able in Cantina, farm him like you have a fetish for mustaches.

Tricks?
Don't spend crystals on packs.  Spend crystals on energy refreshes.
That said, save your crystals until like level 30 at least.  Early on you'll level a lot which tops off your energy often.  Once leveling slows down, consider doing the occasional energy refresh (I recommend a daily cantina energy refresh).  Light/Dark challenge energy costs 50crystals for a refresh for the first 2 times (3 times atm), and cantina energy costs 100crystals for the first 2 times (3 times atm).  It's a good value use of crystals.  Packs aren't (seriously).

Oh, and remember to have fun and don't take it too seriously  Cool

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2808 on: May 27, 2017, 01:12:46 AM »

Thanks guys. What is the fastest way to get characters? Because I need one more dark side character to be able to do the dark side battles. What characters make a good Light side squad for early on?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2809 on: May 27, 2017, 01:48:22 AM »

Thanks guys. What is the fastest way to get characters? Because I need one more dark side character to be able to do the dark side battles. What characters make a good Light side squad for early on?
Leveling up gives them to you for free. At certain levels you get toons(Characters) for ships. My things I listed aren't that long-term but to keep in mind as you're advancing. Like soul said you'll need to drop chewie at some point and I'd recommend level 45.

When you get to cantina there will be a thing at the bottom right  that says redeem(may be something else). You'll want a long term tank and I'm gonna shock you guys but I'd recommend stormtrooper. He is actually a very good tank since they updated him.

Save jedi, clones, resistance, first order, and sith for endgame(lvl 75+).

Your first priority is gonna be scoundrels. A team that I'd recommend is this one https://swgoh.gg/squads/53211/. Make sure you keep your scoundrels highly leveled up. They're your main source of credits.

Sync your account there too and give us a link to you profile so we can help you with stuff. Plus you can see your roster with out opening the game up.

Like soul said only spend your crystals on energy refreshes. If you're at a high enough arena rank you should be able to buy two refreshes of the yellow(normal) energy. Do that once you are around level 60, from level 35-60 buy one refresh of energy and one thing of sim tickets every day. Never spend crystals on shop or battle refreshes, it makes gearing take longer.

Always finish all your daily activities

Make sure to buy all the gear in shipments that costs credits even if no one needs it at the time or you have a ton of it. If you don't you'll wish you'd bought it when you run out. That's all I can think of right now.

Edit: I just realized that the number on the swgoh.gg link is my school id(don't tell anybody).

Edit 2: A good light side squad for early game is Qui-Gon Jinn, Ewok Elder, Luminara/, Lando, Stormtrooper Han(SThan).

Stay away from the Jedi Knight Guardian, Mob Enforcer, Greedo, Ewok Scout, Eeth Koth, Coruscant Underworld Police(CUP), Ugnaught, Bhodi Rook, all nightsisters, IG-100 Magnaguard, all tuskens, and Nute Gunray. They are terrible.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2810 on: May 27, 2017, 01:52:10 AM »

Fastest way is to use Ally points for Bronzium Data Cards.  You don't hardly have characters, so that's a great way to get character shards and even whole characters.  Other than that, doing Hard Mode battles for character shards, spending Cantina Credits in the Cantina Store, Arena Tokens in the Arena Store, and GW Tokens in the GW Store.

As for good squads early on, banking on the suggestions people were making, Rebels are a good Light Side squad early on.  Biggs, Wedge, Lando, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Ackbar.  I went with Jedi originally, but they aren't so great right now.

Dark side, good Empire characters are Tarkin, Veers, Royal Guard, Stormtrooper, and Tie Fighter Pilot.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2811 on: May 27, 2017, 01:57:37 AM »

Fastest way is to use Ally points for Bronzium Data Cards.  You don't hardly have characters, so that's a great way to get character shards and even whole characters.  Other than that, doing Hard Mode battles for character shards, spending Cantina Credits in the Cantina Store, Arena Tokens in the Arena Store, and GW Tokens in the GW Store.

As for good squads early on, banking on the suggestions people were making, Rebels are a good Light Side squad early on.  Biggs, Wedge, Lando, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Ackbar.  I went with Jedi originally, but they aren't so great right now.

Dark side, good Empire characters are Tarkin, Veers, Royal Guard, Stormtrooper, and Tie Fighter Pilot.
Don't forget snowtrooper and droids.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2812 on: May 27, 2017, 02:10:43 AM »

Don't forget snowtrooper and droids.

Snowtrooper is better since his revamp, but others are better choices than him.  Droids are a bit of a long game build.  He needs several Arena store characters before HK, though IG-88 is good for a Scoundrel party.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2813 on: May 27, 2017, 05:15:41 AM »

Get a Rebel squad early then you can get Palpatine.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2814 on: May 27, 2017, 07:39:44 AM »

Soooo anyone else getting absolutely bent over and done dry in the ewok event?  I swear I had a much easier time of it last time.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2815 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »

Soooo anyone else getting absolutely bent over and done dry in the ewok event?  I swear I had a much easier time of it last time.

When does it end?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2816 on: May 27, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »

Yeah, it sucks!!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2817 on: May 27, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »

When does it end?

Yeah, it sucks!!

*cough*

So uh....  I shouldn't mention that I beat the Bonus Tier on the 2nd or 3rd try?    Cool

To be fair, I do believe things were made harder.  I think the Bonus Tier is new because it had first time rewards and I know I would have at least attempted it before.  I know I'd beaten Tier 1 and 2 before and I think that's all there was.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2818 on: May 27, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »

*cough*

So uh....  I shouldn't mention that I beat the Bonus Tier on the 2nd or 3rd try?    Cool

To be fair, I do believe things were made harder.  I think the Bonus Tier is new because it had first time rewards and I know I would have at least attempted it before.  I know I'd beaten Tier 1 and 2 before and I think that's all there was.

I 3 starred tier 1 and 2 fairly easily last time. Now I can't even make it to the boss level of tier 2.

I think I'd my droids or TFP and Tarkin were stronger, maybe.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2819 on: May 27, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »

They did adjust the difficulty when they reworked the imperial troopers...

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: