Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 648613 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2820 on: May 27, 2017, 06:51:21 PM »

So uh, I 1-starred tier 1 and 3-starred tier 2. Not joking. Can't get past stage 4 of the bonus tier though, why can the elders revive every turn? What's with the no cooldowns? Maybe I can beat it tonight when I get Zader.

*cough*

So uh....  I shouldn't mention that I beat the Bonus Tier on the 2nd or 3rd try?    Cool

To be fair, I do believe things were made harder.  I think the Bonus Tier is new because it had first time rewards and I know I would have at least attempted it before.  I know I'd beaten Tier 1 and 2 before and I think that's all there was.

What team did you use?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2821 on: May 27, 2017, 07:52:31 PM »

I 3 starred tier 1 and 2 fairly easily last time. Now I can't even make it to the boss level of tier 2.

I think I'd my droids or TFP and Tarkin were stronger, maybe.

Tier 1 is pretty easy.  Tier 2 is a somewhat harder.  This new Bonus Tier though, definitely a rough go.  R2 was a big help, even without his Zeta.

So uh, I 1-starred tier 1 and 3-starred tier 2. Not joking. Can't get past stage 4 of the bonus tier though, why can the elders revive every turn? What's with the no cooldowns? Maybe I can beat it tonight when I get Zader.

What team did you use?

Keep in mind that Elders can revive with their heal as well as their revive skill.  Then if you have 2 of them, that's 4 revives, which is nuts.  Also if you kill the Elder on the last round before you kill Chirpa then he rezzes some when he dies.

As for my team, I used HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, B2, and R2. 

The fact that I had 4/5 that have AoE skills is a big help, and almost every time that an Ewok attacks anybody else, B2 steps up and fires back.  Also with R2's ability to give out stealth and foresight, I can control who's gonna get hit and protect those that need it until they can heal back up.  On the run where I won with 3* I almost lost B2 a couple times, but with R2's ability and the event power to heal up, I didn't lose him.  They did actually kill HK, but since he self rezzes it didn't count as a death against my star count.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2822 on: May 28, 2017, 12:07:49 AM »

I managed to clear the bonus tier with my new Zader.

Proving to be helpful already. That last stage of the bonus is crazy, they one shot my Shoretrooper at full health, Palpatine with protection left, and RG super fast as well. TFP stood there as Zader dealt the finishing blow, while I was breathing a sigh of relief. Tongue

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2823 on: May 29, 2017, 05:19:42 AM »

I managed to clear the bonus tier with my new Zader.

Proving to be helpful already. That last stage of the bonus is crazy, they one shot my Shoretrooper at full health, Palpatine with protection left, and RG super fast as well. TFP stood there as Zader dealt the finishing blow, while I was breathing a sigh of relief. Tongue

Congrats on the new Zader and clearing the bonus Tier.  It's definitely a difficult run.

---------------------

So today during the double Cantina rewards event I finished Chirpa to 7* and then I did all of the Cantina level 8 battles and then started farming for Sith Trooper.  Feels good to have all battles done and have everything 3*.

Just waiting for the reset now so I can start doing the everything farm.  Lots more Cantina farming, two GWs to do, Dark side battles during the day and then Light side in the evening after the changeover.  I'm tempted to farm for more Mods since it's double drops again, but at the same time, I want more character shards and more chances at Omegas from Cantina 8 battles.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2824 on: May 29, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

Thanks. It didn't take long to figure out that Zader is a terrible lead for my current Arena team. Maybe when I Zeta Sidious.

I didn't get a chance to try him in P2 of tank, cause my guild cleared it in 17 minutes. Tongue   I'm having trouble soloing the Rancor. . . as in not working at all. Sad

Krace, you never played through stage 8 Cantina?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2825 on: May 29, 2017, 02:58:26 PM »

I didn't get a chance to try him in P2 of tank, cause my guild cleared it in 17 minutes. Tongue   I'm having trouble soloing the Rancor. . . as in not working at all. Sad

As for the solo, if you look at the recommended teams, they seem to be teams that all have consistent pieces found in a select few characters. High damage, revive, cleanse, heal, tenacity up, speed down, DoT stack, etc. Almost all of those seem to be necessary elements. If you're missing a few of those, it won't happen, because you won't take each phase out before the enrage. Zader is the hub that makes it all happen, but the hub of a wheel is useless without all the spokes. You need to get the spokes if you really want to do it.

I'm wondering what a correct haat Elder Zader team can do against the Rancor.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2826 on: May 29, 2017, 03:00:50 PM »

As for the solo, if you look at the recommended teams, they seem to be teams that all have consistent pieces found in a select few characters. High damage, revive, cleanse, heal, tenacity up, speed down, DoT stack, etc. Almost all of those seem to be necessary elements. If you're missing a few of those, it won't happen, because you won't take each phase out before the enrage. Zader is the cog that makes it all happen, but the cog of a wheel is useless without all the spokes. You need to get the spokes if you really want to do it.

I'm wondering what a correct haat Elder Zader team can do against the Rancor.

I'm going to watch a video on it when I get a chance. I'll do it eventually.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2827 on: May 30, 2017, 01:35:44 AM »

Krace, you never played through stage 8 Cantina?

Nope, always been working on other characters or farming mods.  Some were pretty tough though, certain ones more than others, especially trying to get 3*.  Now that I had finished Chirpa and hadn't decided on my next, I decided to use one of the double drop days to make my runs.  Decided to settle on Sith Trooper to keep farming after I cleared all of Stage 8.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2828 on: May 30, 2017, 03:11:42 AM »

Nope, always been working on other characters or farming mods.  Some were pretty tough though, certain ones more than others, especially trying to get 3*.  Now that I had finished Chirpa and hadn't decided on my next, I decided to use one of the double drop days to make my runs.  Decided to settle on Sith Trooper to keep farming after I cleared all of Stage 8.

You were able to 3* the final battle of stage 8? Shocked   I barely made it with 3 toons standing. The one with Sith Assasin was a pain to 3*, but I did manage it.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2829 on: May 30, 2017, 06:29:50 AM »

Hey all, thanks for the advice in getting started. I feel like I am advancing quickly, even though I don't yet have many toons. any other advice is welcome, and my ally code is 464-912-814 is anyone would be willing to befriend me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2830 on: May 30, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »

You were able to 3* the final battle of stage 8? Shocked   I barely made it with 3 toons standing. The one with Sith Assasin was a pain to 3*, but I did manage it.

Heh, yep.  Managed to do it on my 2nd try.  I actually had more trouble getting 3* on 8C than 8G.  On 8C I kept losing a toon on the first round from the damn Tuskens all barraging 1 guy.  Finally I got past that and then the rest was gravy.  Still kinda mad though that During two days of double Cantina drops I didn't one damn Omega to drop to give me a double. 

On the bright side, both days that it was double drops for GW I finished 2 runs each day.  That, combined with all the double loot from all the other days I managed to make it to 25 million credits, which was the most I'd ever had.  Back down to like 23 million now, but it's nice having all that.  I'm considering blowing it all and leveling all my mods that I farmed before from my month of farming, and all the ones I got from the double drops.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2831 on: May 30, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »

Hey all, thanks for the advice in getting started. I feel like I am advancing quickly, even though I don't yet have many toons. any other advice is welcome, and my ally code is 464-912-814 is anyone would be willing to befriend me.
Did you send me an ally request yet? I got one from someone who was level 19 and accepted because I wasn't sure if it was you.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2832 on: May 30, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »

Did you send me an ally request yet? I got one from someone who was level 19 and accepted because I wasn't sure if it was you.

Yep, that was me. I've been using your guys to one-hit the bosses. Grin Killed Cad Bane with one lightsaber throw with Vader either last night, or this morning.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2833 on: May 30, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »

If you need more help, I can provide my ally code as well Wink Don't know if I already posted it here...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2834 on: May 30, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

If you need more help, I can provide my ally code as well Wink Don't know if I already posted it here...

Sure, if you want to, I would not be opposed. Smiley

Also just synced my account with swgoh.gg, and here is the link to my profile. https://swgoh.gg/u/ralenyorul/

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: