Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646266 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3495 on: October 17, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »

iPhone 8+

Booo!  Hissss!     Tongue

Just kidding.   Wink   I believe you were on Apple before, so it's best for the game that you stayed on the same brand so you can keep your game data.  Hopefully your new piece of fruit is treating you well.    Cheesy

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3496 on: October 17, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »

Just don't drop it or it'll smash.

And don't handle it roughly...

....or touch it...

........or look at it funny  Undecided  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3497 on: October 17, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »

....or touch it...

Yeah, the whole glass everything had me kinda scared for a little while, but I just have to be careful with it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3498 on: October 17, 2017, 11:32:35 PM »

Yeah, the whole glass everything had me kinda scared for a little while, but I just have to be careful with it.

And get a case for it.  I recommend rubber or leather cases.  Something that can absorb impact jarring.

......or trade it for something not from Apple   Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3499 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:05 AM »

And get a case for it.  I recommend rubber or leather cases.  Something that can absorb impact jarring.

I don't care for many other phones, but I don't mind Apple. I do have a case for it already. Its an OtterBox, so it is fat, and I'd like something a bit thinner, but for now it'll do.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3500 on: October 18, 2017, 02:41:48 AM »

....or touch it...

I don't care for many other phones, but I don't mind Apple. I do have a case for it already. Its an OtterBox, so it is fat, and I'd like something a bit thinner, but for now it'll do.

Otterbox is good, certainly way up there on the protection spectrum.  I've heard Speck and Lifeproof are two other very good cases for iPhone and they'd be a good bit slimmer.  Just make sure you also get a good screen protector.

So how's the game handle on the new phone?  Blazing fast?  Any trouble getting your game profile loaded?

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3501 on: October 18, 2017, 04:27:15 AM »

Otterbox is good, certainly way up there on the protection spectrum.  I've heard Speck and Lifeproof are two other very good cases for iPhone and they'd be a good bit slimmer.  Just make sure you also get a good screen protector.

So how's the game handle on the new phone?  Blazing fast?  Any trouble getting your game profile loaded?

Got a good screen protector too. I wouldn't mind having a Speck case, but I figure I'll try it out as is for now.

Blazing fast is right. Compared to my iPad 2, which took about 1 1/2 mins just to load the game, (not to mention the constant crashing), it is great. Once I got signed in to Game Center, it was no problem.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3502 on: October 18, 2017, 04:56:27 AM »

Good to hear. I hope you enjoy the phone. Now, don’t listen to the others, Apple is better. Tongue

- - - - - - -

I’m not sure it’s possible to beat a phase 6 Territory Battle combat mission without a good Resistance team. Maybe with a really good CLS lead or Kenobi with Zarriss, but dang they’re hard. I haven’t come close to beating the 5th encounter.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3503 on: October 18, 2017, 10:26:25 PM »

Good to hear. I hope you enjoy the phone. Now, don’t listen to the others, Apple is better. Tongue

- - - - - - -

I’m not sure it’s possible to beat a phase 6 Territory Battle combat mission without a good Resistance team. Maybe with a really good CLS lead or Kenobi with Zarriss, but dang they’re hard. I haven’t come close to beating the 5th encounter.

Better at having to play catch up on phone design...    Cheesy

It is possible to beat it, I have with my Jedi team and my Phoenix team.  Also sometimes it's best to wait a while, like morning the next day, until your guild fills the platoons and you get the bonuses.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3504 on: October 19, 2017, 07:41:21 AM »

Am I right in thinking that as of right now, the only places to acquire Fulcrum shards is in Shipments and Ship Arena stores?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3505 on: October 19, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »

Am I right in thinking that as of right now, the only places to acquire Fulcrum shards is in Shipments and Ship Arena stores?

Correct.  And Ships store has been very stingy lately.  I think I've gotten like 5-10 shards in the past week.  I'm at like 25/100 and irritated that my progress has slowed to a crawl.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3506 on: October 19, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »

Correct.  And Ships store has been very stingy lately.  I think I've gotten like 5-10 shards in the past week.  I'm at like 25/100 and irritated that my progress has slowed to a crawl.

Until I unlocked Ships, I got a total of maybe 8 a week. It takes forever to for me to get 640 shards. But it is nice to have the Ships, because it makes them a little easier for me to get.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3507 on: October 19, 2017, 08:33:25 PM »

Until I unlocked Ships, I got a total of maybe 8 a week. It takes forever to for me to get 640 shards. But it is nice to have the Ships, because it makes them a little easier for me to get.

Crystals you mean?  As in you'd buy 8 shards a week with 640 crystals?  I have maybe done that but once or twice.  Feels too expensive for my taste.  Most of my crystals go towards energy refreshes so that I can run more things and collect more shards and gear.  Usually I spend 150 a day on energy refreshes and I'll spend 300 a day on Sunday/Monday for guild challenge with Cantina energy.  I miss the daily crystal bonus pack and wish they'd bring it back.  They probably saw how often people were buying those and getting more crystals for their money rather than the big packs and decided they just couldn't have that.

As such I have only farmed Fulcrum from her event and Ships shop.  So far I haven't missed a one and I'll just keep plugging away until she's done.

Speaking of toons I'm working away on, GK and Hermit Yoda.  I think it's kinda sad that my Hermit Yoda has now passed my GK in number of shards I've farmed.  GK is at 66/145 and Yoda is at 83/145.  I guess that can be attributed to the fact that I haven't bought any gear with the TB tokens, only Yoda shards.  I'm kinda glad now too.  Apparently he's going to be pretty crucial in countering the new Nightsisters.

As to the Nightsisters, love all these events coming up.  Lot of rewards and stuff to be had!  Not just NS stuff either.  Dark side toons and ships, as well as Ewoks.  Also we just got a nice bit of compensation for their screwup with the Ewok event and not getting the proper number of shards.  A nice 200 crystals and 20 Wicket shards, which gives me enough for 5* now.    Grin

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3508 on: October 19, 2017, 11:30:38 PM »

Crystals you mean?  As in you'd buy 8 shards a week with 640 crystals?  I have maybe done that but once or twice.  Feels too expensive for my taste.  Most of my crystals go towards energy refreshes so that I can run more things and collect more shards and gear.  Usually I spend 150 a day on energy refreshes and I'll spend 300 a day on Sunday/Monday for guild challenge with Cantina energy.  I miss the daily crystal bonus pack and wish they'd bring it back.  They probably saw how often people were buying those and getting more crystals for their money rather than the big packs and decided they just couldn't have that.

As such I have only farmed Fulcrum from her event and Ships shop.  So far I haven't missed a one and I'll just keep plugging away until she's done.

Speaking of toons I'm working away on, GK and Hermit Yoda.  I think it's kinda sad that my Hermit Yoda has now passed my GK in number of shards I've farmed.  GK is at 66/145 and Yoda is at 83/145.  I guess that can be attributed to the fact that I haven't bought any gear with the TB tokens, only Yoda shards.  I'm kinda glad now too.  Apparently he's going to be pretty crucial in countering the new Nightsisters.

As to the Nightsisters, love all these events coming up.  Lot of rewards and stuff to be had!  Not just NS stuff either.  Dark side toons and ships, as well as Ewoks.  Also we just got a nice bit of compensation for their screwup with the Ewok event and not getting the proper number of shards.  A nice 200 crystals and 20 Wicket shards, which gives me enough for 5* now.    Grin

Yes. I mix up shards and crystals all the time. It is expensive, but up until last Saturday, I had no other way of getting shards for her.

I like when they mess things up, because then I don't have to work as hard. Grin I can't even do the event for the Wicket shards, so 200 free crystals, and 20 free shards is just fine with me.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3509 on: October 19, 2017, 11:41:29 PM »

So did anybody else watch Arnold's Nightsister video?
Gorram they look effective, and the new Nightsister Zombie tank is unreal.
While I am unlikely to suddenly main them, I am a real fan of the aesthetic, especially considering the time of year  Cheesy
Too bad we have to wait until the end of the month to actually get the Zombie and Spirit.

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: