Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 646180 times)
GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #4050 on: January 26, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »

Everything. I don't know how much you know about guilds or what there is for them to do, so I'll tell you.

There are three different raids, Pit, Tank Take-down and Sith Triumvirate. Pit you fight a Rancor, and get shards for Han Solo. Tank you fight an AAT separatist tank and get shards for General Kenobi. Sith you fight Nihilus, Sion and Traya, and get shards for Darth Traya. All three you get gear from. Currently my guild is in the process of getting to the point where we can do Heroic Sith raid. Heroic tier is the highest (and thus hardest) tier of any raid, and is what gives you the shards.

There are also Territory Wars and Territory Battles. Territory Wars are your guild vs. another guild. Essentially you are fighting to see who has better strategies/mods/toons/etc. You get gear and zetas from these.
There are two types of Territory Battles. I don't remember what their official titles are, but one is goodguys (mostly Rebels) and you are fighting across Hoth. The other is badguys (mostly Imperial) and are fighting across Hoth in the other direction. This is Guild vs. Computer, so your whole guild just tries to do as much as they possible can by the end of one week. You get gear from these as well.

All guild events give you "Guild Event Tokens" which allows you to buys stuff in the "Guild Events store". You also get "Guild Tokens" which allow you to buy things from the "Guild Store". Because of all this extra gear and tokens, it helps you to gear up your toons way faster than you can on you own. It also allows you access to toons like Han Solo, General Kenobi and Darth Traya. As a guild member you are also allowed to ask for and give gear donations to other guild members which also helps gear toons.

That is basically everything I believe.

I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the info Taegin

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4051 on: January 26, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »

Revan returns on Jan 31st. FYI.

And to answer possible questions: No, I'm not playing anymore, just checking the forums every now and then. Don't know why, but I want to know what's going on and when they decide to feed the whales again.

@Gedda: Don't want to sound rude, but try not to spend too much time in there. You'll only get frustrated. Was playing it since release, but over the last years it just became an awful P2W app with more awful RNG. Not fun, really. Give it half a year, maybe a whole year, but then you'll get what I mean.

Unless you're one of those who have the possibilities to buy their success and not get it by playing.

I know, they're the ones who keep that game alive, but that doesn't justify the path they've been following ever since.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4052 on: January 26, 2019, 01:06:45 PM »

I have a lot to learn. Thanks for the info Taegin

Anytime my friend.

Thanks for the info. Probably wont be able to get him anytime soon still, but always good to know when he'll be returning.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4053 on: January 31, 2019, 09:45:13 PM »

No problem.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #4054 on: January 31, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »

Yes, yes he does.    Cool

Woot woot!     Grin

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4055 on: January 31, 2019, 08:31:35 PM »

Yes, yes he does.    Cool

Woot woot!     Grin

Nice. I was hoping I would be able to get him, but with T3 only being at 3 star when he was announced to be returning, there isn't much of a chance.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4056 on: February 06, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »

Nice. I was hoping I would be able to get him, but with T3 only being at 3 star when he was announced to be returning, there isn't much of a chance.

I had a guildie today that bought a $10 crystal pack to use for energy and managed to finish characters to 7* so he could complete Revan.  Was a last minute push but nice to have it done.

Apparently at the start of the event so many people jumped on and did the event and then tiered up Revan that it caused minor server crashes and some people later didn't get shards.  They fixed it pretty fast, but it's crazy that so many people jumped on to do that.  He's definitely pretty awesome, that's for sure.

Fun times ahead!  General Grievous is getting a rework, as is B2 and Magnaguard.  Plus B1 and Droideka are coming so there will be a whole Grievous CW squad.

They also teased "meatbags" so I have a suspicion HK is getting a rework too.  Probably something to include Old Republic and the possible release of Darth Malak or Darth Revan.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4057 on: February 06, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »

I'm hoping with the return to the Clone Wars, we might get Hondo and some of the other characters that we don't have yet that could come from there (Saw, Steela, Lux, various Mandos, etc.).

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4058 on: March 15, 2019, 07:03:00 PM »

Yep, Darth Revan incoming.  Requires Fallen Bastila, Ordo, HK, Carth, and Juhani.  From what I've heard though he's mostly just for TW.  Apparently the way he cannibalizes teammates makes him mostly useless in Arena and some other places.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4059 on: March 15, 2019, 08:03:42 PM »

Yep, Darth Revan incoming.  Requires Fallen Bastila, Ordo, HK, Carth, and Juhani.  From what I've heard though he's mostly just for TW.  Apparently the way he cannibalizes teammates makes him mostly useless in Arena and some other places.

I haven't looked into him at all, just heard that he is coming. I hope he isn't good fro Arena, I have a hard enough time staying in the top 1000, and I don't even have Traya or JKRevan or C3PO yet. Another meta toon is just going to make it even harder.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4060 on: March 15, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

Any new release is going to crush all previous toons, no matter if it's Arena, GW, TW/TB or Ship Arena. It always was like that and will always be. So don't expect too much...wish you all the best that you can still stay in the Top 1000 after his release.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4061 on: March 21, 2019, 04:10:37 AM »

Not sure where you’re coming from with all the negativity Racona. I haven’t spent any money in 13 months and have no issues keeping up, and there are many others like me. It totally works to play at a high level being F2P. My guild is 205m GP and we have several F2P players who do fine.

That said, I’ve decided it’s time for me to throw in the towel. For different reasons. After 3 years and 8ish months the daily grind has become to much. It’s simply not fun anymore. I also have a busier schedule these days so I’m not going to spend the necessary hours everyday playing a video game I don’t like. I love Grand Arena, but that’s the only thing I still like. So I’ll play out the one currently running and then I think that’s it for me.

Time to free up my life and make time for things I actually want to do. I’ll probably be back on this forum a bit more.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4062 on: March 21, 2019, 06:41:56 AM »

Not sure where you’re coming from with all the negativity Racona. I haven’t spent any money in 13 months and have no issues keeping up, and there are many others like me. It totally works to play at a high level being F2P. My guild is 205m GP and we have several F2P players who do fine.

That said, I’ve decided it’s time for me to throw in the towel. For different reasons. After 3 years and 8ish months the daily grind has become to much. It’s simply not fun anymore. I also have a busier schedule these days so I’m not going to spend the necessary hours everyday playing a video game I don’t like. I love Grand Arena, but that’s the only thing I still like. So I’ll play out the one currently running and then I think that’s it for me.

Time to free up my life and make time for things I actually want to do. I’ll probably be back on this forum a bit more.

It'll be good to have you back on here for sure. You know, if you wanted to just be a casual player who really doesn't want to do much (like me), you could always join our guild. But I totally understand you wanting to have time for other things.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #4063 on: March 21, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »

It'll be good to have you back on here for sure. You know, if you wanted to just be a casual player who really doesn't want to do much (like me), you could always join our guild. But I totally understand you wanting to have time for other things.

Interesting. I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t really want to be responsible even for raid tickets though. I don’t think I would feel right playing but not trying to keep up and do well.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4064 on: March 21, 2019, 07:57:16 PM »

It's not negativity, it's the fact that the requirements for new characters are way too high for the current release cadence. Those who want to keep their rank and power actually have to spend money to push their toons so that they're ready for the new releases. Those who don't (or can't or don't want to) spend money eventually can't keep pace anymore and get crushed by the new toons. Once they're ready for the "new" toon, it's already outdated and overpowered by a new one. And when they have that once-overpowered toon, there's another new one which is even more overpowered.
I'm tired of losing dozens and dozens of ranks with my squads/fleets (which are totally F2P and hard-earned over all those years, btw) to someone who plows thousands of dollars into this game just to have a Top 10 squad after a month or two. It's like buying success and not earning it by hard work. Something I absolutley loathe...
Oh, and not to mention that this whole Arena Power sh*t needs to be removed. It's not representative and doesn't help choosing an opponent at all, you lose way too often against teams (especially fleets) whose power is way below your own. Or they give us the possibility to check reinforcements so that you can plan your strategy according to your opponent's whole (and I mean whole) defensive fleet.

Additionally, you have to have all required chars at 7* with high gear and mod levels nowadays...and even then you need 50+ attempts for RNG luck. I remember the first events with EP, R2, CLS and even BB-8...they were much easier to unlock. They even unlocked at lower star level. Now it's mostly 7* where they finally unlock.

And I really disagree with their recent requirements...I mean, who in Palpy's name develops Ewoks until G12+ and equips them with extremely powerful mods? Honestly...there are way too many chars who really improve with these kinds of mods and Gear, but not Ewoks...

That's why I lost interest. I had the goal of getting JTR because she's my favourite, but even that was spoiled and I gave up because I just can't (and don't want to) support that system anymore. I used to play a lot and it really was fun, but now it isn't the game I knew and loved.

I don't know if you understand what I mean, and if you do, you can even disagree with it - I'm fine with that. It's just my point of view and my opinion.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: