Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Who is your favorite star wars character?  (Read 32517 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »

Got taken out in a crappy way but oh well

I know, right?  Obviously, Sidious was supposed to be majorly powerful, but neither Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar or Saesee Tin lasted long in that fight, despite the fact that the Jedi Masters had Sidious outnumbered four to one.  That was really lame.  But, I guess Lucas felt it would have been foolish for Mace Windu to go against Sidious alone, so he went in with some backup, for all the good they did.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 11:45:08 PM »

Well, Vader was always my favorite growing up and I loved him when he was still Anakin also.  So, I'd have to go with Anakin/Vader.  However, Qui-Gon Jinn is a very, VERY close second.

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2016, 01:10:05 AM »

True with the fisto statement and vader/anakin is always a classic!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2016, 03:51:52 AM »

I know, right?  Obviously, Sidious was supposed to be majorly powerful, but neither Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar or Saesee Tin lasted long in that fight, despite the fact that the Jedi Masters had Sidious outnumbered four to one.  That was really lame.  But, I guess Lucas felt it would have been foolish for Mace Windu to go against Sidious alone, so he went in with some backup, for all the good they did.

What do you expect when a few Jedi face the power of the Dark Side?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2016, 05:03:22 AM »

What do you expect when a few Jedi face the power of the Dark Side?

Something resembling realism.  Four highly trained Force Masters against one should have ended differently.  Of course, it couldn't end differently because we knew beforehand that Palpatine wouldst survive.  They could have at least make it look like dispatching three Jedi Masters was difficult, especially since Mace Windu nearly defeated him and Yoda gave him a run for his money.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2016, 08:23:54 AM »

I know who he is, I just don't understand his popularity.

I think for the whole, jedi turned Sith then redeemed himself story, Ulic Qel-Droma's is a better and far more interesting one.

Well, I think a lot of the fascination comes from the KotOR game. I mean, after all YOU were Revan Wink !

Thinking of KotOR: I guess my favorite character would be HK-47. Who does not love a murderous sarcastic droid Grin ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1gTas7OAA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1gTas7OAA</a>

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »

Something resembling realism.  Four highly trained Force Masters against one should have ended differently.  Of course, it couldn't end differently because we knew beforehand that Palpatine wouldst survive.  They could have at least make it look like dispatching three Jedi Masters was difficult, especially since Mace Windu nearly defeated him and Yoda gave him a run for his money.

The prevailing theory is that the gutteral roar coming from Palpatine when he launched himself into battle was actually a Force Scream that caused the Jedi present to take pause. Frankly, it frightened them, including Windu, giving Palps the opening he needed to take out three of them before Mace recovered and went on the offensive.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2016, 01:04:17 PM »

Well, I think a lot of the fascination comes from the KotOR game. I mean, after all YOU were Revan Wink !

Thinking of KotOR: I guess my favorite character would be HK-47. Who does not love a murderous sarcastic droid Grin ?
Alright you meatbag! Grin

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2016, 10:53:44 PM »

Master Yoda is my favorite. Then Luke, Qui-gon and Chewie.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2016, 03:14:32 AM »

Master Yoda is my favorite. Then Luke, Qui-gon and Chewie.
Solid!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2016, 04:26:43 AM »

I was joking. That fight always bothered me too, unless. . .

The prevailing theory is that the gutteral roar coming from Palpatine when he launched himself into battle was actually a Force Scream that caused the Jedi present to take pause. Frankly, it frightened them, including Windu, giving Palps the opening he needed to take out three of them before Mace recovered and went on the offensive.

Where did you learn that?

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2016, 04:27:18 AM »

That explains why they got filleted quickly. Seriously, 4 against 1? It's no wonder the siths around here are popping their chests out

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2016, 04:43:47 AM »

Where did you learn that?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:18 AM »

Never heard of that before. Thanks for the link and +1.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »

With such a huge universe, especially now that we have a totally new EU in addition to the old Legends stuff, I find that I have to categorize my SW favorite characters.

With Legends (old EU), it's always a struggle to nail down favorites.  Grand Master Luke is brilliant, power and wisdom all rolled into one, so that's an obvious choice.  Kyle Katarn is legendary, going from mercenary to Jedi Battlemaster (and a snarky one at that).  You have awesome Jedi like Corran Horn and Kyp Durron as well.  However, I think my favorite has to be Jacen Solo, despite my mixed feelings about his arc in LotF.  He has such a great period of questioning his place in the world, and I can relate to that strongly.  After that, his journey through NJO is incredibly compelling, and ultimately his character arc there is absolutely my favorite.

Regarding the Prequel era, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi take the cake.  Qui-Gon is Liam Neeson, and for that reason alone he's glorious, but obviously his character is fairly interesting as well (despite all the major issues with the Prequels).  Obi-Wan effectively takes his training and grows as a person, finding ways to reconcile his devotion to the Jedi Order with the rebellious streak he got from Qui-Gon.

For the OT era and beyond (canon), Luke is the easy choice.  His growth from bratty farm boy to noble Jedi is amazing to watch, and I can't wait to see him return in Episode VIII.  Kylo Ren gets an honorable mention though, for his character's complexity - and obviously the badass Force powers he demonstrates lol

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: