Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: Who is your favorite star wars character?  (Read 32620 times)
Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »

All great charters nero!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »

Revan.

I know it's kind of a standard choice, but his entire arc of being a good guy gone bad for good reasons and his return to the Light is quite compelling.

Agreed. This is basically why he's my favorite.

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2016, 03:27:21 PM »

With such a huge universe, especially now that we have a totally new EU in addition to the old Legends stuff, I find that I have to categorize my SW favorite characters.

With Legends (old EU), it's always a struggle to nail down favorites.  Grand Master Luke is brilliant, power and wisdom all rolled into one, so that's an obvious choice.  Kyle Katarn is legendary, going from mercenary to Jedi Battlemaster (and a snarky one at that).  You have awesome Jedi like Corran Horn and Kyp Durron as well.  However, I think my favorite has to be Jacen Solo, despite my mixed feelings about his arc in LotF.  He has such a great period of questioning his place in the world, and I can relate to that strongly.  After that, his journey through NJO is incredibly compelling, and ultimately his character arc there is absolutely my favorite.

Regarding the Prequel era, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi take the cake.  Qui-Gon is Liam Neeson, and for that reason alone he's glorious, but obviously his character is fairly interesting as well (despite all the major issues with the Prequels).  Obi-Wan effectively takes his training and grows as a person, finding ways to reconcile his devotion to the Jedi Order with the rebellious streak he got from Qui-Gon.

For the OT era and beyond (canon), Luke is the easy choice.  His growth from bratty farm boy to noble Jedi is amazing to watch, and I can't wait to see him return in Episode VIII.  Kylo Ren gets an honorable mention though, for his character's complexity - and obviously the badass Force powers he demonstrates lol

Not a friend to the non Force users, I see.  Tongue

Kidding, by the way.  Those are all good character choices.  Star Wars has so many to choose from, I think you are wise to split it up between eras and Canon/Legends.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:48 PM »

Satele Shan is another favorite for being a decendant of Revan, for having the most beautiful saber staff design I've seen anywhere, and for Hadoukenning Darth Malgus into a boulder and exploding it around him.

On the non-Force user side, I really liked Jace Malcom. Guy's a total badass. He ran full tilt into a screaming mass of Sith, hip-throwing them like nothing, then went up against Darth Malgus. When Malgus Force Lightning'd him, did he fall down and die? No! He stood his ground against it. Not only did he stand his groubd, but he was PUSHING FORWARD and then pulled a kriffing knife to stab Malgus, basically saying "You may take me out, but I will make you earn that victory."

Even after all that, he was beaten down and was about to be executed when Satele intervened, and when she was in trouble, he got back to his feet and went after Malgus AGAIN, this time setting off a damned GRENADE in both their faces.

That takes the kind of testicular fortitude only seen in the greatest of champions.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2016, 04:28:05 PM »

Satele is another amazing character Jev!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »

Not a friend to the non Force users, I see.  Tongue

Kidding, by the way.  Those are all good character choices.  Star Wars has so many to choose from, I think you are wise to split it up between eras and Canon/Legends.

Inferior beings!  Just kidding... there are plenty of awesome choices there as well, I just tend to favor Force users.

Satele Shan is another favorite for being a decendant of Revan, for having the most beautiful saber staff design I've seen anywhere, and for Hadoukenning Darth Malgus into a boulder and exploding it around him.

On the non-Force user side, I really liked Jace Malcom. Guy's a total badass. He ran full tilt into a screaming mass of Sith, hip-throwing them like nothing, then went up against Darth Malgus. When Malgus Force Lightning'd him, did he fall down and die? No! He stood his ground against it. Not only did he stand his groubd, but he was PUSHING FORWARD and then pulled a kriffing knife to stab Malgus, basically saying "You may take me out, but I will make you earn that victory."

Even after all that, he was beaten down and was about to be executed when Satele intervened, and when she was in trouble, he got back to his feet and went after Malgus AGAIN, this time setting off a damned GRENADE in both their faces.

That takes the kind of testicular fortitude only seen in the greatest of champions.

Satele and Jace are two examples of the badassery in SWTOR.  Then they had a kid... just think about the potential there!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2016, 12:19:36 AM »

Was that in a book?

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2016, 01:08:31 AM »

Was that in a book?

Nope, it was from one of The Old Republic cinematic trailers entitled "Hope"...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY</a>

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2016, 03:17:34 AM »

Nope, it was from one of The Old Republic cinematic trailers entitled "Hope"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

So it's a trailer for a game? Sorry, I don't know much about The Old Republic. Whatever it is, that was an awesome trailer!

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2016, 03:32:32 AM »

So it's a trailer for a game? Sorry, I don't know much about The Old Republic. Whatever it is, that was an awesome trailer!
They always have the coolest trailers. Grin

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2016, 03:44:57 AM »

The games?

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2016, 04:06:10 AM »

The games?
The Old Republic Trailers.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2016, 04:17:10 AM »

The games?

Here's all of them in chronological order. Enjoy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjG61DoDzN8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjG61DoDzN8</a>

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2016, 02:24:33 PM »

I gotta say though, as a filmmaker myself I really appreciated the  "Knights of the Eternal Throne" trailer. Man, it gets me every time. You know you've got a problem when a trailer for a video game looks better than an actual Star Wars movie.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0</a>

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »

Another favorite is Count Dooku, simply because it's Christopher Lee. You can't get more awesome than having the likes of him in your movie.  Such smooth, sophisticated class, and despite his tall, lanky appearance, he projected such an aura of palpable menace with a mere look. Compared to him, the other Sith Lords in the movies were downright hammy in their evilness. Plus, their true identities were hidden (Palatine only revealed his AFTER taking power). Dooku didn't give a kriff if anyone knew who he was. That takes the kind of testicular fortitude not possessed by Old Prune Face, Half The Man He Used To Be, or Emokin Whinewalker.

I do like Dooku. Dark Side for a purpose. And he's very apolitical. My kinda guy. And a curved hilt.

I just don't understand his popularity.

Cuz Sith have style. Cool

I don't think your master will appreciate you firing her twin.

You might be mistaken on who his master is.

I favor Darth Malgus. He's driven, powerful, not afraid to express himself.

Plus he's a sucker for a pretty face. Grin Grin Grin

Tragic though, the love story was, it was touching to know that even a Sith juggernaut can have a soft spot.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: