Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wired Correctly - Still No Sound?  (Read 2345 times)
SuperiorSam
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: October 24, 2016, 03:42:02 AM »

Hi all! I'm a new poster and a first time DIY-er. So I'm excited to be here!

I've finished wiring my US Dark Initiate. The LED works and everything's installed according to the diagram provided on the sticky I got with my OSB. I made sure that everything's wired just right, but I can't seem to get the sound working.

When I take the batteries out and put them back in I get an ignition sound, but nothing afterwards. Do I have to activate the soundfiles via the launcher?

Any help you guys can offer would be much appreciated!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 10:32:24 AM »

Hey SuperiorSam!

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Excellent that you've taken on building your own saber.

I'm not great with that type of thing myself, but I'm confident that someone who is will be along shortly.

Just wanted to welcome you. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »

Are you using the Premium Obsidian or the Obsidian Light sound board? The Premium version only works correctly when it's powered by two 14500 Li-Ion batteries. Normal AA batteries don't work! The Light version is powered by 4 AAA batteries (either rechargeable or non-rechargeable).

Also, what kind of sound do you hear? The actual "Power Up" sound of a lightsaber or just something like "Obsidian"? The second would only imply that there's power available, but it doesn't distinguish between a Li-Ion and a normal AA. With AA, you will only have light, but not sound. However, if it's the real "Power Up", and you're using Li-Ion batteries, then it might be a board or battery pack/speaker issue. I don't think it's the wires.

The sound font doesn't need to be activated in the launcher, it works right out of the box. It could be that, if you have the v4 Obsidian board, you activated the pre-loaded Silent font by accident...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SuperiorSam
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:33:17 PM »

First, thank you so much for such a warm welcome!

Are you using the Premium Obsidian or the Obsidian Light sound board? The Premium version only works correctly when it's powered by two 14500 Li-Ion batteries. Normal AA batteries don't work! The Light version is powered by 4 AAA batteries (either rechargeable or non-rechargeable).

Also, what kind of sound do you hear? The actual "Power Up" sound of a lightsaber or just something like "Obsidian"? The second would only imply that there's power available, but it doesn't distinguish between a Li-Ion and a normal AA. With AA, you will only have light, but not sound. However, if it's the real "Power Up", and you're using Li-Ion batteries, then it might be a board or battery pack/speaker issue. I don't think it's the wires.

The sound font doesn't need to be activated in the launcher, it works right out of the box. It could be that, if you have the v4 Obsidian board, you activated the pre-loaded Silent font by accident...

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have the premium OSB, powered by Li-Ion batteries. The sound I'm hearing is the sound of lightsaber ignition. I have a Monarch blade with everything pre-installed, and when I charge the batteries and replace them, I usually get the "obsidian" sound - which is what I was expecting when I powered up my Initiate.

I haven't installed the US sound board program on my computer, so I don't think I've accidentally activated any fonts. Unless it's something that I could have done on the board itself?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »

For the v4 yes, you can cycle through up to 8 fonts (which can also be modified via the Launcher) where the 8th is the Silent font. But it needs a special procedure and it normally can't be changed by accident - you would need to do it wittingly. So I think you have a faulty board, but I would contact UltraSabers for this as well. Maybe there's an easy solution without the need of a replacement board Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SuperiorSam
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 03:27:13 AM »

For the v4 yes, you can cycle through up to 8 fonts (which can also be modified via the Launcher) where the 8th is the Silent font. But it needs a special procedure and it normally can't be changed by accident - you would need to do it wittingly. So I think you have a faulty board, but I would contact UltraSabers for this as well. Maybe there's an easy solution without the need of a replacement board Smiley

Thank you again for all your help. I took your advice and emailed Ultrasabers, hopefully they'll be able to help me out. I appreciate it again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: