Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: 8 months later...  (Read 6222 times)
Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« on: October 24, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »

So after working with recharge ports for a bit, my gaze has turned to my Guardian. Aside from wanting it wired differently and with black switch with blue LED, knobs switched around and the shroud touched up, it was great and came back 2 months after I sent it back (waiting for correct knob hilts to come out) wired to prefection. Had a little rattle with the bezel, but solid. Its been an amazing Ov4 with ED lamp/whatdidyousay? goto emergency weapon.

I honestly didnt even consider messing with it because of my limited understanding of wiring the recharge port and messing up something permanently, like the card. Now, I cant believe I sent it in to have the switched changed. Emory was nice enough not to charge me for it considering the circumstance but still... Anyways, thinking about working with my Guardian... After dissecting it a bit and having wired things as the amateur that I am; it's really well done lol. Was tempted to see how long it would last with nothing but recharging and being an occasional lamp. Wouldnt need to ever change soundfonts even but, that ship has sailed. The temptation to remove the shourd is too great lol. I'll get to it when I have time.

Here are my hilts that I have done installs on. The Prophecy has been through a Ov3 and 3 other soundboards. Everything else was purchased as parts or a empt hilt.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMcYUN7iRc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMcYUN7iRc</a>

The Wolfpack Lives!

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:36:59 AM »

Wow!!...Those are one of the greatest mods I've seen here, very cool, congratulations, points...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »

Wow Calculon.

You never fail to astound.  Way to go. Smiley

Those look amazing!  I really like how you enclose all of the electronics into a somewhat contained unit.

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »

You, sir, truly are a wiring genius.  I love how you do all of this custom work, what no doubt amounts to countless hours spent soldering and doing this and that, yet you're so chill about it.  "Yeah, I did this, I did that."  Cheesy  Nice humility.

I'm sorry if you've answered this before, but how do you get your blades to light up the way they do?  I love how the light comes on slowly and sort of goes up the blade, much like it does in the films.  I'd imagine it has to do with the LED coming up in brightness more slowly, but I don't know how you do it.  About the only thing I like that my Force FX saber does better than my Ultra Sabers is how the light goes up the blade to turn on and back down the blade to turn off.  I love that effect and would love to know how to incorporate something similar.  What you do with your blades is definitely similar.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:50:05 PM »

Very nice indeed!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »

Awesome and amazing x 5 !!!!! 

My favorites if I absolutely have to choose are the Initiate v2 and the Prophecy.  Smiley

Can't wait to see your next creative build.  What is that white plastic battery/soundboard container ?  And where do you get that thin clear plastic protective tubing from ? 

point bomb  Cool 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 05:45:53 PM »

And where do you get that thin clear plastic protective tubing from ?

I don't want to intrude on Calculon's thread but tubing like this can be obtained from electrical lighting retailers, if you look up T8 Fluorescent Tube sleeve/protectors you should find something suitable (though you may need to cut it down it's length so it opens like a hotdog bun, this way the edges can overlap to fit a smaller diameter)
The soundboard chassis I'll let Calculon describe.
Again sorry to intrude but I hope this helps.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »

I don't want to intrude on Calculon's thread but tubing like this can be obtained from electrical lighting retailers, if you look up T8 Fluorescent Tube sleeve/protectors you should find something suitable (though you may need to cut it down it's length so it opens like a hotdog bun, this way the edges can overlap to fit a smaller diameter)
The soundboard chassis I'll let Calculon describe.
Again sorry to intrude but I hope this helps.

Thanks Tyth.  We all jump in and add any new info and helpful hints or confirm the already known.  Everyone is very appreciative.  Also as we live in different countries, sometimes our source outlet options are more limited.. so good to have leads to multiple sources.   Smiley

point for you and another to Calculon's point bomb  Cheesy

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:35:18 PM »

TCSS also sells that stuff in 9" lengths for a couple bucks.  It's called an "Electronics shield" on there.  According to the videos I've seen on YouTube, it's a simple matter of cutting it with scissors to get the length you want.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 06:43:08 PM »

Thank you Dauntless, and scifidude79.
TCSS do have the tubing, but I looked in the wrong section and didn't see it listed (It is in the sound section not the electronics etc!) Time for an eye examination.

points inbound back.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:52:12 PM »

Don't feel bad, I saw it earlier today and couldn't find it again (I looked in the wiring section) so I just searched for "tube" and found it.

Calculon
Knight Commander

We Will Win!

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 08:27:08 PM »

Hey all! Thank you for your time and points! I get my 3D printed chassis solutions from GOTH 3Designs. Most everything else from TCSS.

The following is the chassis for the Catalyst build. Finally completed.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdnT79qWRNQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdnT79qWRNQ</a>

The Wolfpack Lives!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »

Wow Calculon!

Awesome stuff.  Thanks for showing us that. Smiley

+1

(you constantly forget the o-ring in that saber...lol)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016, 03:16:27 PM »

Wow Calculon!

Awesome stuff.  Thanks for showing us that. Smiley

+1

(you constantly forget the o-ring in that saber...lol)

LMAO... I was wondering if he ever managed to get it first time, cos he hasnt in any of the videos i've seen of that hilt Cheesy

Calculon
Knight Commander

We Will Win!

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »

LMAO... I was wondering if he ever managed to get it first time, cos he hasnt in any of the videos i've seen of that hilt Cheesy

lol That must seem hilarious.

With the Vented Initiate I have to put the pommel on first to push the chassis down to make room for the o-ring. It gets a little snug to just push down on. Might put my finger through the speaker or something.

Put these to the test last night and no wiring failures. The most surprising thing was the weight of the stick build was almost as light as the super stunt. I expected to need to switch to the superstunt after a round or two but not once did I think to myself "this is getting heavy". I need double chokes on this build...

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: