Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sunrider's Destiny turning green  (Read 2350 times)
wolfyreturns
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: October 24, 2016, 11:58:45 PM »

I created this account for the sole purpose of this question so please excuse the noobish look.
Several months ago I purchased my Aeon V2 Stunt saber in SRD and was super happy when it came. When I first ignited the blade I was pleased with the color, but later I noticed the color was a little greener than I had expected. I didn't think much of it until the following night when the blade was completely green upon ignition. Someone with a similar problem posted about it on here and a contributor mentioned that the batteries the lightsaber came with were often depleted, and replacing the batteries could fix the issue, so I tried putting in 4 fresh AAA batteries. The saber returned to its normal color. The following night I was having a duel with some friends when I noticed the saber was becoming green again despite the fresh batteries. I emailed the company and though they were very kind and understanding, nothing was ever done to fix the issue. For a while the color remained a slightly greenish SRD until just a few days ago when I turned the saber on only to find the familiar green color slowly replacing the teal. My best guess is that it is a battery issue. I am using standard AAA batteries from costco, and I thought that if i picked up a few trustfires, they would fix my issue, but since i have limited knowledge, I'm worried that I might overload the LED. Anyone who can help is invited to do so as I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
(Note-I have since replaced the sabers batteries 4-5 times and every time It fixed the issue for about 20 minutes before the green took over again)

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 12:04:05 AM »

Do not try to put li-ion batteries in a standard battery pack!!

Stick with your standard AAA batteries.

Your SRD is a mix of blue and green. Standard batteries have a tendency to dim as they drain. The blue drains faster then the green. So, what you are seeing is the blue doing what it's supposed to do with the batteries that are powering it. My SRD Bellicose has li-ion, and just a few minutes before it goes completely dead, the blade turns green.

It's just the way it is with mixed colors. One will go out faster than the other, and it will happen quicker with standard batteries.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

wolfyreturns
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:50 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad I didn't try putting li-ion batteries in! So in that case is my only option to replace the batteries in my saber every 1-2 days?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:21:10 AM »

That is correct. I'd invest in some good rechargeable batteries.

You could also send it back to US and pay for them to upgrade it to li-ion. You'll still have to change out the batteries every couple of hours, but if you had a spare set sitting in the charger, you'd be good to go, and the blade wouldn't change colors.

Personally, I'd lie to my friends and say it's my Force powers growing so strong that even my saber can't handle it.  Wink

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 01:22:38 AM »

Maybe the resistor is bad, possibly email ultrasabers directly and send it back for repair.

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 01:35:42 AM »

I use Energizer rechargeables, and in the DVA of my daughters saber, it gradually fades toward pink after the first 30-45 minutes of use, but if left off for a while, it comes back towards DVA for a while before starting to fade too pink again.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »

I use Energizer rechargeables, and in the DVA of my daughters saber, it gradually fades toward pink after the first 30-45 minutes of use, but if left off for a while, it comes back towards DVA for a while before starting to fade too pink again.

Right. Blue seems to fade faster than red, and red seems to fade faster than green.

Purples will turn pink. Oranges will turn greenish yellow. And blue/greens will turn green. At least in my experience.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 01:55:40 AM »

In my Sentinel Yellow sabers, the green seems to fade faster, because they shift into a nice amber color that I really like.  I may have to eventually go in and put a stronger resistor on the green to see if I can get it to stay around that color.  Wink

In the future, I'd definitely recommend Li-Ion setups for mixed colors, even on stunts.  My Electrum Wind doesn't turn red, it stays purple until I drain the batteries so much that it shuts off.

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 02:01:41 AM »

Li-ion is the way to go!!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 02:02:23 AM »

Li-ion is the way to go!!

Always!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 02:38:33 PM »

All good advices from you Wink And I agree, Li-Ion is much more versatile than the standard AAA setup, especially in those mixed colours just because of that reason - you don't see colour changing when the batteries are low or drained completely. It just shuts off.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: