Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best Ultrasabers for Wedding gits??  (Read 1405 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« on: April 02, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »

I am planning on customizing a pair of sabers as a wedding gift for my sister-in-law and her fiance. They will have sound and to added time between battery charges I will be adding on a switch box and installing a latching switch (much the way others use a kill key) along with the momentary switch. Both of them like blue and they are having an ocean themed wedding, so I'm planning his in Guardian Blue and hers in Arctic Blue.

Right now I am thinking of using Manticores, his a standard with a high profile pommel (or maybe even an Archon pommel) and hers a CE nickel plated with a low profile pommel. I'd like to hear other's opinions/options they might choose.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 07:51:12 PM »

Honestly, that sounds awesome.

Quick check, though... They like Star Wars, right? They're not going to open the box and look at you blankly? Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:36:58 PM »

I agree, the Manticore seems like the perfect saber for new Jedi knights in the order of matrimony.  😁

The only suggestion I would offer is to get the bride the high polished silver version instead of the Nickel finish only because it would give her more options to customize later with other MHS compatible emitters and pommels. I have the Nickel finish version myself, but I have found the beautiful shade of the Nickel to not play nicely with silver MHS parts, only ok with black MHS parts and no Nickel finish couplers available in case she wanted to make a staff later. Still, Nickel is beautiful and that can offset the lack of more MHS options, too. 😉

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:07:06 PM »

I like Arctic Blue, at least in theory, but whenever I put an Arctic Blue saber next to a Guardian Blue, the GB makes the AB look washed out and dull in comparison. So if you were going to go with two blue sabers, I'd go with two GBs. Or a GB and CG, or a GB and BR.

I really like the Prophecy hilts, so I'd recommend the Prophecy for the bride and the Dark Prophecy for the groom.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 10:18:55 PM »

Something else just occurred to me. What about Sun Riders Destiny for the bride?

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »

That coud also work, for an ocean-themed wedding - Fraternal twin hilts, identical twin blades Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »

Quick check, though... They like Star Wars, right? They're not going to open the box and look at you blankly? Wink

What the **** are these?  We were hoping for a toaster!  Tongue

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »

Depending on the couple, I was thinking Fulcrum and Lost Grey for wedding present for a couple I know that are getting married on a year and a half.

It is quite literally a matched set.

I am getting a Diamond saber soon to see how I like it so I can contemplate if they should get those, Emeralds with Obsidian v4, or just saber's with Obsidian v4s and a fixed color.   I'm more included to the Emerald presently simply because I'm not sure what color to get the groom.   Also my own thought so letting them change the colors later, and the quick pulse/shimmer for that more, authentic feel.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 07:05:24 PM »

They do know what the sabers are. They have know idea I'm thinking of getting them some but sis asked me to bring some of mine and teach him to duel.
I don't really like Sunrider's Destiny for this because she said they both like blue colors.

I had thought about the Silver vs Nickel plated and I think the plating is better because I really don't see her doing much customizing and it keeps the aluminum from rubbing black on the hands, especially in a tropical environment where they are.

I don't really want to go with color changing or too much complexity in fonts because I don't expect that they will be that much into it even when they have these. But I have been thinking about that some.

I thought briefly about the idea of the Fulcrum and Lost Grey but I think if I ordered a set of those I wouldn't be able to give it away.

I like the Prophecy- Dark Prophecy idea but in some ways those are too plain for what I want to do here unless I raise my work level and do some coloring work on the bodies.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 03:01:23 AM »

Came up with a different route I think is better. I think I'm going to go with an Archon V3.1 and an Emperor's hand. Just have to decide if I stick with common colors or give them blues as they like that color in general.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 03:07:00 AM »

Came up with a different route I think is better. I think I'm going to go with an Archon V3.1 and an Emperor's hand. Just have to decide if I stick with common colors or give them blues as they like that color in general.

I think the blues are a good idea. Especially with an Archon...Obi wan style. Definite do a Tri LED with that to maintain brightness

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: