Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Halloween Saber Stories  (Read 3076 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:27 AM »

Did anything fun, amusing, exciting, etc. happen to you and your saber(s) this Halloween? We're you (ok, the sabers  Wink ) the hit of a party? Any epic duels? Anyone ask where you got it?

Any Halloween story that involves a saber is fair game. Feel free to share.

I'll start.

Last year, I was in my Jedi robes, and a family was across the street. One of the men in the group points at me and yells, "Real Jedi dude! Real Jedi dude!" They then came over, and one of the kids and I dueled in my yard.

Fast forward to this year, and I was a Sith, since my boys were Darth Maul and Boba Fett, so I had on my black robes and my Bellicose set to Blazing Red. I was at my steps when I heard, "It's the Jedi house!!" Same guy. Almost the same group. As they're walking up, I heard him say, "It looks like he's fallen to the Dark Side." We talked for a bit, and he told me he wished his nephew was there to fight me again, because they didn't record it like they thought they did, but he was with a friend's family. He then pointed to his niece, who's dressed as Rey, and  he explainsed how she really wanted to be Rey, but they didn't have a saber for her. "Hold on," I told him.

I went in my house and grabbed my GB Liberator and brought it out for her. He got so excited and told her she'd be the white one. "Push the button," I said as I handed it to her. That gorgeous blue lit up as soon as she pushed it. The small crowd that had gathered (other trick or treaters had stopped to watch) started saying things  like, "No way!" "That's awesome!" "He has two!" "Can I have one?" I then pulled them in closer so they could hear as I stated, "I'll make it one better." I then cycled to and activated the Kylo Ren font I have on it and fired it up. The guy then said, "It even sounds like his lightsaber."

We then had a fun, little duel on my yard, and this time it was recorded correctly.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:13:48 AM »

I wanted to carry a saber, but they're temporarily out of business. Cry

Anyways, those are some really cool stories! I hope you continue to have those experiences. And they don't always have to be at Halloween. Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 03:20:37 AM »

Cool stories, Landen.

Unfortunately, I said goodbye to my sabers a little past noon and went to work.  I'm on my way back to them now.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:28:04 AM »

I'll never forget when I was dressed as Kenobi at a big Halloween event and I saw a little kid dressed as Ezra with a weird balloon saber.  I don't think many people there knew what he was and I shouted out "Hey! It's Ezra!"  I think it blew his mind when he saw my costume, my saber and I knew who he was.  I totally let him take pictures with it and everything and his face lit up like it was Christmas morning.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 04:05:27 AM »

Tons of Reys, stormtroopers, Vader's out tonight walking around. Han and Leia. Even a Padme. I walked with my hilt hanging from my pants. Sure enough, my wife wouldn't let me talk to anyone of them, especially the Reys. I did sneak in, while she was busy gawking at everyone walking, to grab the attention of a young Vader and his dad. I showed him the hilt, told him to push the switch, and of course it roared and he was thrilled. The dad thought it was a flashlight, but I told him it was a real hilt. Then, the ball and chain threw a fit and that conversation got cut short. FML

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 05:05:45 AM »

Tons of Reys, stormtroopers, Vader's out tonight walking around. Han and Leia. Even a Padme. I walked with my hilt hanging from my pants. Sure enough, my wife wouldn't let me talk to anyone of them, especially the Reys. I did sneak in, while she was busy gawking at everyone walking, to grab the attention of a young Vader and his dad. I showed him the hilt, told him to push the switch, and of course it roared and he was thrilled. The dad thought it was a flashlight, but I told him it was a real hilt. Then, the ball and chain threw a fit and that conversation got cut short. FML

Forgive me for asking, curiosity is a weakness of mine, but why on earth would your wife not want you to talk to anyone about your US?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:53:36 AM »

Forgive me for asking, curiosity is a weakness of mine, but why on earth would your wife not want you to talk to anyone about your US?

Cuz she's a bitter, terrible woman from which there's no escape from. She said it was embarrassing I was walking with it, period. I've scratched my head raw too many times

Exilium
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -34

I am neither light nor dark

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 04:53:52 PM »

I kinda just walked around with my little sister, friend and GF. My buddy and I walked around with sabers all night! Gotta protect my people from clowns lol. Wink  We had people all over compliment us and ask where I got it, ofc i directed them here!

Feel the Force within you!
~Apprentice LE v4 - Tri Green
~Prophecy v3 - RGBW Emerald Driver

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »

Cuz she's a bitter, terrible woman from which there's no escape from. She said it was embarrassing I was walking with it, period. I've scratched my head raw too many times

Wow, I'm sorry.  Guess I should feel lucky my wife is a nerd and collector as well...just different things.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 04:13:17 AM »

Wow, I'm sorry.  Guess I should feel lucky my wife is a nerd and collector as well...just different things.

Eh, no problem. She's a decent mom to the kids, pretty much my best friend, and great in the sack..well, the every 6 weeks we meet there.
Oh, I'm crying through my psychotic laughter

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 07:37:47 AM »

My wife too had the famous book "how to survive with a geek?" lol

But she has always known who i am ... and obviously, she has never had any problem with that ...

No Halloween stories here but yours are fun Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 08:05:14 AM »

We started the night by immediately running into someone dressed as Rey. I don't always read people the best until after the moment. I think this 6 or 7 year old Rey might've been jealous, because she just had a store bought saber, or maybe she was just nervous next to an adult in a costume? The next block, an even younger Rey. She had a big smile looking at my saber as her mother fixed her goggles and head wrap. Points for completing the full Jakku look! One kid said "A real Jedi!" at one point. Someone asked where I got it. When we passed little Vader, I kept him at a distance when he walked by. I aimed my saber at him and just kept facing him in ready stance. I thought he'd strike or something, but he just kinda stepped around. I hope I didn't scare him. I can't read his face under his mask.

Before we went out, my youngest nephew refused a costume. It took a lot to get my sister to do costumes with all of us, so I think she was embarrassed to be an adult in a costume. She didn't want to take her toddler trick or treating when she's in a costume and he's not. So, after much battling, she got him to wear a Stormtrooper that's really just pajamas. His 7 year old brother was an all out Stormtrooper. I hunted for a great costume for the little one, but he wouldn't wear it. We started in the more popular areas to try to avoid the crowd. Ending the evening back in my sister's neighborhood, I put on my Star Wars music font I made. It impressed some folks who then wanted pictures of us. A woman sent her son inside to bring her husband out, as he's a Star Wars fan. Take a look at Anakin, Leia, two Stormtroopers and uncle Old Ben Kenobi.

The costume goes back on the hanger 'til December 14ish.

I've gotta see what I can convince my sister to do next year. The Avengers? Justice League? The monster mash?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Rising-Hope
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 26

"In a world of darkness, I seek the light"

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 08:53:39 AM »

So my 2yr old son was present during the unveiling of my first Ultrasaber a few weeks ago, and he went absolutely ballistic.  In that moment I knew that the force was strong with this one.  So I purchased an Obi Wan Kenobi cosplay outfit for myself to go with my "Guardian" Ultrasaber, and I also purchased an Anakin costume for my 2yr old along with his own saber (store bought).  For weeks leading up to Halloween we dueled, trained, and battled with our sabers with endless joy and laughter.  My son is not shy of playing a bit rough when it comes to doing stuff with dad, so dueling him is continuous fun with his fearless attitude, even with him being at such a young age.  Halloween arrived and we took to the streets.  We encountered storm trooper costume after storm trooper costume... their store bought blaster pistols were no match for our light sabers and combat skills.  Then later we ran in to a family dressed in assorted costumes (dad as pharoah, mom & daughter as unicorns,) and their 10 yr old son dressed as Kylo Ren, wielding a store bought Kylo Ren saber.  My 2yr old son saw this and without warning, fearlessly charged the 10yr old Kylo and literally had this kid on the run from my sons constant and fearless saber attacks.  The other kids dad actually at one point with a stern voice said to his son "stop running! turn around, face him and fight!" while my 2yr old was still staying on the attack the relentlessly.  I'd never felt more proud in my life!!!  Their battle was all in good taste, and me being an adult I didn't let things ever get out of hand, still though, seeing my 2yr old son fearlessly and successfully engage in light saber combat with a kid literally 5x his age and twice his size, and have the other kid constantly on the run, brought me true happiness, pride & joy. The Force is stroooooooooong with this one.

"Hope is the thing with wings that perches in the soul, sings the tunes without words, and never stops at all."

Rising-Hope
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 26

"In a world of darkness, I seek the light"

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »

Light saber combat training with my 2yr old son.

"Hope is the thing with wings that perches in the soul, sings the tunes without words, and never stops at all."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »

seeing my 2yr old son fearlessly and successfully engage in light saber combat with a kid literally 5x his age and twice his size, and have the other kid constantly on the run, brought me true happiness, pride & joy. The Force is stroooooooooong with this one.

Hi Rising-Hope, fantastic story, it's great to see the love of Lightsabers and Star Wars passing through the generations in this way!
Just one word of caution though, you did sound a little bit like Emperor Palpatine just as he took on Anakin as his apprentice!

Point for the Padawan and a point for you Rising-Hope (just be more wary of the Dark side!)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: