Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Forum Technical help  (Read 1769 times)
Rising-Hope
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 26

"In a world of darkness, I seek the light"

« on: November 04, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »

So why is it I was able to modify/delete my previous posts but now I'm not able to? I looked at the help section and it says I should but the modify button isn't there anymore. Only notify. 

"Hope is the thing with wings that perches in the soul, sings the tunes without words, and never stops at all."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:32:56 AM »

So why is it I was able to modify/delete my previous posts but now I'm not able to? I looked at the help section and it says I should but the modify button isn't there anymore. Only notify. 

After a certain time period you can no longer modify posts.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »

Darth Tepes is correct.  That time frame is one hour.

The same amount of time it takes to award a specific member an additional force point.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »

I've been a moderator and admin on a few forums, and I can tell you this:  There's an old spammer trick.  Sometimes, they will post something seemingly innocent.  Then they'll wait a few days, until after the moderators have seen the post, and come back and modify it to add external links.  By limiting edit times to an hour, that's not possible here.  That's probably the thinking.  Most people who edit posts do so immediately to fix spelling errors or add additional information.  For anything you want to correct or add after that hour, you can always leave another reply with the relevant information.

Spam is a major issue on forums, but they seem to have it well in check here.  That's no doubt due to both an alert staff and anti-spam measures like this.

Rising-Hope
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 26

"In a world of darkness, I seek the light"

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »

As a moderator can you override that for someone on a specific post as an exception with given explanation?

"Hope is the thing with wings that perches in the soul, sings the tunes without words, and never stops at all."

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 04:43:52 PM »

Moderators can edit anything anytime they want to.  If you ask one to modify something with good reason, they probably will.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »

Moderators can edit anything anytime they want to.  If you ask one to modify something with good reason, they probably will.
Agreed  ^^^.

Ask politely. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 01:55:14 PM »

Agreed  ^^^.

Ask politely. Smiley

Jedi polite, not Sith polite.

In other words, "If you would be so kind, can you make this change to this post, please?" will work.

Saying "If you do me this favor, I will be kind enough to not saber your arms and legs off and force choke your puppy until its eyeballs pop out" will most definitely not work.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 02:03:55 PM »

In other words, "If you would be so kind, can you make this change to this post, please?" will work.

Saying "If you do me this favor, I will be kind enough to not saber your arms and legs off and force choke your puppy until its eyeballs pop out" will most definitely not work.
HAHA!

Yes, I meant "nice" polite.  Grin

+1 Jev.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 02:05:55 AM »

Unless you invent a real lightsaber and physically approach him.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 05:20:13 AM »

Just point me in a general direction and I'm usually pretty happy to help.
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: