Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Chosen One emitter color modification?  (Read 6325 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« on: November 05, 2016, 02:34:47 AM »

Does anyone with a Chosen One know if the black top can be removed? Alternatively, how difficult would it be to paint it or turn it silver in some way?

Someone (BlindJedi) suggested/wishlisted a saber like Anakin's in Attack of the Clones. I thought putting the right clip and grips on a Prophecy would be close. It's basically the same as Vader's, so a Chosen One that's silver at the emitter would be right.

Thanks.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 03:27:30 AM »

There was this one, some time ago . . . .

Chosen One with polished out emitter end by striker8 (this is in the Reviews board, a different look for the Chosen One)
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19686

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 03:11:21 AM »

Thank you, JediXIX.

I'm curious if the entire black emitter could be polished silver by removing it all. This image makes me think the angled tip can be removed, while the rest of the black there remains fused to the body. Perhaps the idea can be passed on to US to make it an option for those who want an Ep2 hilt, which is what BlindJedi already did. It's just so close already.

Can anyone show us a picture of their Chosen One emitter removed from the hilt?

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »

Thank you, JediXIX.

I'm curious if the entire black emitter could be polished silver by removing it all. This image makes me think the angled tip can be removed, while the rest of the black there remains fused to the body. Perhaps the idea can be passed on to US to make it an option for those who want an Ep2 hilt, which is what BlindJedi already did. It's just so close already.

Can anyone show us a picture of their Chosen One emitter removed from the hilt?

Wahey! Sorry this comes a bit late, but I just stumbled on your post. As a matter of fact, I'll be received my own Chose One CE this coming week, and I am hoping that the shroud does come off, since I intend to replace the RGB LED with a Tri Cree Deep Red/Deep Red/White(or cyan instead of white, I haven't decided yet), so as soon as it arrives I'll let you know if the shroud can come off and how easy it is (with pics).

Meanwhile, here's my custom Anakin AOTC Prophecy Ultrasaber in... Light blue? It's a custom colour I made just in between guardian blue and arctic blue, the green much more resisted than in arctic blue. Enjoy!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

Padawan

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:20:04 PM »

Wahey! Sorry this comes a bit late, but I just stumbled on your post. As a matter of fact, I'll be received my own Chose One CE this coming week, and I am hoping that the shroud does come off, since I intend to replace the RGB LED with a Tri Cree Deep Red/Deep Red/White(or cyan instead of white, I haven't decided yet), so as soon as it arrives I'll let you know if the shroud can come off and how easy it is (with pics).

Meanwhile, here's my custom Anakin AOTC Prophecy Ultrasaber in... Light blue? It's a custom colour I made just in between guardian blue and arctic blue, the green much more resisted than in arctic blue. Enjoy!

This looks awesome, however I think the way for Ultrasabers to introduce an anakin sabre would just be to add silver emmiter as an option when ordering the chosen one. Other than that the mod looks great Cheesy

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 10:50:13 AM »

This looks awesome, however I think the way for Ultrasabers to introduce an anakin sabre would just be to add silver emmiter as an option when ordering the chosen one. Other than that the mod looks great Cheesy
Thanks, glad you liked it!
Yep, I agree that would be a better option if US wants to offer an Anakin AOTC premium saber, but the shroud isn't the only thing that would have to be modified for an accurate anakin saber. The grips would have to be thinner, not like the original Vader or graflex (slightly thicker than Windu's grips). And the activation box is another issue. Since US offer the ANH version of Vader's saber, the activation box switch is not aligned with the emitter, whereas Anakin's is. Plus, the activation box on anakin's saber lies just in between the emitter and the grips, whereas in Vader's saber it's right next to the grips (ESB and ROTJ). In this sense it's not that bad, because since US' is ANH, the box is more in the middle; not exactly like Anakin's, but close enough I guess.

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

gbr1976
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »

I had asked the same thing about this very saber last year. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23614.msg359061#msg359061

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Padawan

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 09:28:04 AM »

Thanks, glad you liked it!
Yep, I agree that would be a better option if US wants to offer an Anakin AOTC premium saber, but the shroud isn't the only thing that would have to be modified for an accurate anakin saber. The grips would have to be thinner, not like the original Vader or graflex (slightly thicker than Windu's grips). And the activation box is another issue. Since US offer the ANH version of Vader's saber, the activation box switch is not aligned with the emitter, whereas Anakin's is. Plus, the activation box on anakin's saber lies just in between the emitter and the grips, whereas in Vader's saber it's right next to the grips (ESB and ROTJ). In this sense it's not that bad, because since US' is ANH, the box is more in the middle; not exactly like Anakin's, but close enough I guess.

Good point, but is it worth introducing an entirely new saber just for what appears (to the commoners eye) to be a slightly recoloured chosen one? Perhaps US could have some sort of advanced options for the chosen one to allow all these preferences. I understand that this would be difficult and probably add time to the manufacturing process but I do understand it is a foreseeable option and TBH I'd rather have an entirely new saber introduced (Kanan's in particular) than have these modifications take that slot. Welp, I trust Ultrasabers to find the best solution (if they do one at all) Wink

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 08:12:16 PM »

So, finally here with photos of the Chosen One without shroud:

Fist, here you can see the screws that hold the shroud in place, the two silver ones (the middle one is the retention screw

Take them off...

And you are left with this. There's another screw holding that black bottom part, but I do not have a wrench of that size =S

And here's the saber disassembled. That black middle part you see is a blade holder, the screws also hold it in place, and it allows a blade to be safely put in without wobbling XD

The shroud is actually metal, so I suppose you could polish it down to look silver again, but I don't think it's easy.

Good point, but is it worth introducing an entirely new saber just for what appears (to the commoners eye) to be a slightly recoloured chosen one? Perhaps US could have some sort of advanced options for the chosen one to allow all these preferences. I understand that this would be difficult and probably add time to the manufacturing process but I do understand it is a foreseeable option and TBH I'd rather have an entirely new saber introduced (Kanan's in particular) than have these modifications take that slot. Welp, I trust Ultrasabers to find the best solution (if they do one at all) Wink

And yep, while I agree with you that US could employ its time better than adding option slots (like you said on a new saber, though I'd wish it was a Count Dooku saber), adding options to the Chosen One would fill the niche for people like myself that are very picky with details and screen accuracy. Not only for the fact that we "need" an Anakin AotC saber, but because adding options to the Chosen One would be ideal for people to get the right Vader saber they want, be it ANH as it is currently set, ESB centering the activation box, or ROTJ centering the activation box and having a graflex-like emitter. Add to that the option of having a black or a silver shroud, plus the ability of having no windows (if you can choose to have pattern or windows, it wouldn't be difficult to choose just plain with nothing on) and you'd also have an Anakin saber. Again though, you are right to assume this would take a bit too much time an effort though =S

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 12:13:37 AM »

Thank you, CyberKyber. That answers what I was wondering. I do still wish they'd have an option of ordering that shroud silver. But, for those wishing to get it right, they could find some way to polish it.

I had already considered adding things to the Prophecy. I just have seen so many people talking about AOTC sabers, I thought a change to the next production line of shrouds might be worth it to US.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »

Thank you, CyberKyber. That answers what I was wondering. I do still wish they'd have an option of ordering that shroud silver. But, for those wishing to get it right, they could find some way to polish it.

I had already considered adding things to the Prophecy. I just have seen so many people talking about AOTC sabers, I thought a change to the next production line of shrouds might be worth it to US.

I completely agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of anakin's saber, which is why I only got the prophecy, but if I was really into it (like many other people) I'd wish it was a premium saber like the chosen one. Plus, just thought of it, imagine if you could select various different colors to anodize the shroud, activation box and grips; a silver and dark red vader saber, or even a silver and gold like a collectors piece. Not sure how many people would want such a thing, but it would definitely look amazing.

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Padawan

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 03:22:10 AM »

And yep, while I agree with you that US could employ its time better than adding option slots (like you said on a new saber, though I'd wish it was a Count Dooku saber), adding options to the Chosen One would fill the niche for people like myself that are very picky with details and screen accuracy. Not only for the fact that we "need" an Anakin AotC saber, but because adding options to the Chosen One would be ideal for people to get the right Vader saber they want, be it ANH as it is currently set, ESB centering the activation box, or ROTJ centering the activation box and having a graflex-like emitter. Add to that the option of having a black or a silver shroud, plus the ability of having no windows (if you can choose to have pattern or windows, it wouldn't be difficult to choose just plain with nothing on) and you'd also have an Anakin saber. Again though, you are right to assume this would take a bit too much time an effort though =S

While I would simply adore adding options to a chosen one my main concern would be the price (that is if making else changes cost extra money) especially as the chosen one is on the pricier end of the ultra saber spectrum. That niche could possibly be filled by adding the parts to the "build your own saber section" so that one could purchase the chosen one as is or customise one they have already, this would be in tandem with the options being available when you order (however with an installation fee similar to ordering a cover tech on a grab bag). No perfect solution I guess, that count duke sabre would be awesome to have though  Roll Eyes, it feels good to nerd out on possible saber options with fellow enthusiasts always appreciate your responses Wink

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »

While I would simply adore adding options to a chosen one my main concern would be the price (that is if making else changes cost extra money) especially as the chosen one is on the pricier end of the ultra saber spectrum. That niche could possibly be filled by adding the parts to the "build your own saber section" so that one could purchase the chosen one as is or customise one they have already, this would be in tandem with the options being available when you order (however with an installation fee similar to ordering a cover tech on a grab bag). No perfect solution I guess, that count duke sabre would be awesome to have though  Roll Eyes, it feels good to nerd out on possible saber options with fellow enthusiasts always appreciate your responses Wink

Ooooh, add on parts on "build your own saber" sounds like an awesome solution! Don't know how easy it would be to include the issue of aligning the activation box there, but there would probably be a way. And yes, it is a pity that the chosen one is on the most expensive spectrum =S
And yes, I've always wanted a dooku lightsaber, or a curve one in general. I like the design of the mantis, but I've heard its not very makashi dueling friendly being too heavy for a single hand =(

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Memeosity
Knight Lance Corporal

Padawan

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 11:11:14 PM »

Ooooh, add on parts on "build your own saber" sounds like an awesome solution! Don't know how easy it would be to include the issue of aligning the activation box there, but there would probably be a way. And yes, it is a pity that the chosen one is on the most expensive spectrum =S
And yes, I've always wanted a dooku lightsaber, or a curve one in general. I like the design of the mantis, but I've heard its not very makashi dueling friendly being too heavy for a single hand =(

Maybe they could make the parts compatible for the prophecy and use that as a modification platform rather than the chosen one, it would be more difficult for sure but would bring the cost down somewhat. I've heard that about the mantis too however the problem with a truly curved hilt is the design US uses in that everything slides out from the bottom rather than butterflying open like some other designs I've seen. I trust US will find a suitable solution they haven't let me down this far Wink

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »

Maybe they could make the parts compatible for the prophecy and use that as a modification platform rather than the chosen one, it would be more difficult for sure but would bring the cost down somewhat. I've heard that about the mantis too however the problem with a truly curved hilt is the design US uses in that everything slides out from the bottom rather than butterflying open like some other designs I've seen. I trust US will find a suitable solution they haven't let me down this far Wink

Yeah, no, they won't let us down Tongue Who knows, they might even be working on a dooku saber right now! I mean, they pulled off a windu saber and two Ahsoka sabers, maybe dooku next? XD I'd even settle for a Ventress saber.

Lightsabers:
Menace SE staff - BR
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: