Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Map  (Read 4603 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« on: November 09, 2016, 05:13:55 AM »

So, while updating things for the Roleplay section of the forums, I have come across what is probably one of the best Star Wars maps EVER!  It's basically like Google Maps for Star Wars.  You can scroll and zoom and search and everything.  You should definitely bookmark it!

Check it out:  http://www.swgalaxymap.com/

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »

Nice tool ... thank you for sharing Wink

Point

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:28:04 PM »

Excellent Krace!

That's pretty awesome. Smiley

Nice find.
(bookmarked)

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:49 PM »

It is definitely one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. Do you know how many times I have needed something like this doing research for the RPGs or my storywriting? Cheesy It even has links!

*is completely in love*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 02:45:39 PM »

Yeah, that's one heck of a find.  Have a point for awesomeness.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »

I won't say no if a Mod would like to bookmark this thread because of it being such an important tool.  This might also become a discussion about various places in the Star Wars Galaxy.   Smiley

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:49:07 PM »

I'll kick off the places discussion.

So, that little spot over to the left all by itself with no hyperspace route (Ilum) is where they have to go to get Kyber crystals.  Nice.  That doesn't seem like too much for a KID.  Roll Eyes

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »

I'm all for having this thread stickied.

What a great resource.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:44 PM »

Hi, this map made me feel like Obi-Wan Kenobi, why? Because "lost a planet have I!" I can't seem to find the planet Bal'Demnic, which from past records should be in the Bakrofsen system, the Auril sector near Ossus.

Maybe it is one of the blue pins marked as "No Data available". There is a planet called Belderone so not sure if Bal'Demnic has been renamed.

I think Bal'Demnic is considered canon as it was mentioned in the Clone Wars cartoons. Oh well back to the Jedi Archives I guess.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 04:27:33 PM »

Hi, this map made me feel like Obi-Wan Kenobi, why? Because "lost a planet have I!" I can't seem to find the planet Bal'Demnic, which from past records should be in the Bakrofsen system, the Auril sector near Ossus.

Maybe it is one of the blue pins marked as "No Data available" There is a planet called Belderone so not sure if Bal'Demnic has been renamed.

I think Bal'Demnic is considered canon as it was mentioned in the Clone Wars cartoons. Oh well back to the Jedi Archives I guess.

I couldn't find Dromund Kaas, but I just chalked that up to me being a stooge...lol

Edit: found it...

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »

I'll kick off the places discussion.

So, that little spot over to the left all by itself with no hyperspace route (Ilum) is where they have to go to get Kyber crystals.  Nice.  That doesn't seem like too much for a KID.  Roll Eyes

I'm betting the Jedi had charted hyperspace routes to Ilum.  They just didn't share them, for obvious reasons.

Maybe it is one of the blue pins marked as "No Data available". There is a planet called Belderone so not sure if Bal'Demnic has been renamed.

Using the reference that the Auril sector was located in the Outer Rim Territories, and that the planets located in this sector included Ossus, Murkhana, Bal'demnic, and Auril, I was able to find the sector where it'd be as well as 3 of those 4 planets, but no it's not on this map or any others that are static picture maps.

I couldn't find Dromund Kaas, but I just chalked that up to me being a stooge...lol

Heh, that one is easy.  It's two dots NE from Korriban.  I've played SWTOR enough to know where it is on a map.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »

Using the reference that the Auril sector was located in the Outer Rim Territories, and that the planets located in this sector included Ossus, Murkhana, Bal'demnic, and Auril, I was able to find the sector where it'd be as well as 3 of those 4 planets, but no it's not on this map or any others that are static picture maps.

Thank you Krace, at least I am not going mad, though I fear a sinister plot to eradicate the planet from history. That would pose problems for me as I (as For Tyeth) took part in the Battle of Bal'Demnic  Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 05:05:55 PM »

I'm betting the Jedi had charted hyperspace routes to Ilum.  They just didn't share them, for obvious reasons.

I'm sure they do, down in the Jedi Archives.  You probably have to be a Jedi to access the information.

But, it still sounds like a crappy place to send a kid to get a crystal, Jedi apprentice or not.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 05:14:45 PM »

Thank you Krace, at least I am not going mad, though I fear a sinister plot to eradicate the planet from history. That would pose problems for me as I (as For Tyeth) took part in the Battle of Bal'Demnic  Smiley

Well, obviously this map is only as complete as it's sources were.  Since none of the picture maps contained it, this one doesn't either.  Also, the search function doesn't seem to like planets with special characters in the name like ' and such.

I'm sure they do, down in the Jedi Archives.  You probably have to be a Jedi to access the information.

But, it still sounds like a crappy place to send a kid to get a crystal, Jedi apprentice or not.

True, but usually there was a Knight or Master present on planet for the trial.  The Jedi weren't totally savage about things like that.  Now if it had been a Sith trial, oh yeah, they'd totally send them all by themselves.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:00 PM »

Yes I noticed the Syntax error reports on the search function. Hopefully in future upgrades this will be fixed and it will be the "go to" resource for finding our planets! So thank you Krace for bringing it to our attention again.

point incoming.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: