Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is it just me or does everybody do this too?  (Read 4047 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 04:53:51 AM »

Grin Grin Grin   Seriously.  I've observed that, too.  Seriously trying to steer clear of that behavior, not to mention khaki anything, as I approach 50. 

Haha! Steer clear of the khaki side!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 05:46:32 AM »

Maybe I'm not a fashionista, but I don't get the guys that wear jeans with flip flops. I hate flip flops period.

I admit to doing this recently, but it was an accident. We had our carpets cleaned, so we were wearing sandal type footwear, flip flops in my case, inside. That's because the carpets were wet from whatever chemical concoction that guy used.

So I was getting ready to go somewhere, planning to change into my running shoes, but I was already wearing flip flops and I didn't think of it until after I left. Roll Eyes   And yes, I was wearing jeans. And socks.

I do like flip flops though. Mine are comfy, and they take two seconds to slip on or off.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 07:16:25 AM »

I admit to doing this recently, but it was an accident. We had our carpets cleaned, so we were wearing sandal type footwear, flip flops in my case, inside. That's because the carpets were wet from whatever chemical concoction that guy used.

So I was getting ready to go somewhere, planning to change into my running shoes, but I was already wearing flip flops and I didn't think of it until after I left. Roll Eyes   And yes, I was wearing jeans. And socks.

I do like flip flops though. Mine are comfy, and they take two seconds to slip on or off.

Whoa! Socks and flip flops! Double whammy!

I always gotta have a pair of shoes nearby, or on. I'm one of those, "if stuff goes down, I'm ready to go!" I make the joke to my wife that if a fire breaks out in the house, or disaster hits, the first thing she'll do is tell me she has to go pee. She's literally got a 4 minute drive from work, and she comes into the house doing the pee pee dance/waddle.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 07:22:05 AM »

So I was getting ready to go somewhere, planning to change into my running shoes, but I was already wearing flip flops and I didn't think of it until after I left. Roll Eyes   And yes, I was wearing jeans. And socks.

I wore my brown suede slippers with my Yoda Star Wars socks to get a bite to eat at Costa Vida tonight.  You could say I was oblivious to how this looked.  I had already been wearing this unique combination around the house today, it was time to leave and well, I did ... just like this  Cool:

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »

Whoa! Socks and flip flops! Double whammy!

While playing drums. Roll Eyes

They're not that bad together. Today I saw a kid with shorts, t-shirt, flip flops and socks.

I wore my brown suede slippers with my Yoda Star Wars socks to get a bite to eat at Costa Vida tonight.  You could say I was oblivious to how this looked.  I had already been wearing this unique combination around the house today, it was time to leave and well, I did ... just like this  Cool:

Great for at home, but going out? Big oops!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 05:17:56 PM »

While playing drums. Roll Eyes

They're not that bad together. Today I saw a kid with shorts, t-shirt, flip flops and socks.

I would've sabered his parents on the noggin for sending him outta the house like that!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

Today I saw a kid with shorts, t-shirt, flip flops and socks.

I would've sabered his parents on the noggin for sending him outta the house like that!

Parents give their kids so much autonomy to make decisions, that kids do whatever they want now, including dressing up how they please.  I can't quite give my kids that much freedom, i expect them to look presentable when we leave the house and behave in a respectful manner when out.  Hopefully, one day, they will appreciate the rules I have in place for them.

I may not agree with your idea of bashing parents on the head Majobu, but I understand the sentiment.  Roll Eyes

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »

Parents give their kids so much autonomy to make decisions, that kids do whatever they want now, including dressing up how they please.  I can't quite give my kids that much freedom, i expect them to look presentable when we leave the house and behave in a respectful manner when out.  Hopefully, one day, they will appreciate the rules I have in place for them.

I may not agree with your idea of bashing parents on the head Majobu, but I understand the sentiment.  Roll Eyes

Ah ha!! I tell my son to go get dressed and if it's not laid out for him, he goes and gets basketball shorts, with the first T-shirt he sees. Doesn't matter if it's color coordinated or not! That boy needs all the help he can get. He's gonna turn me full gray haired by the time I'm 40! Hes 10, and already going through early stages of puberty, so I'm like "You gotta shower on the daily, dude!" Oblivious to my teachings, he is. And he's a good looking kid. I tell the family, hell be attractive til they get to within 3 feet of him, then the girls will be deterred by his hygiene. No, I'm not having this! He's slowly coming around, but he's hot to be told over and over

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »

As much as I enjoy this conversation Majobu...Im pretty sure this thread has been sufficiently hijacked.  I think it started out as people who hum Star Wars tunes when others do......OOOPPS.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2016, 11:29:17 PM »

Like KDP said, he chose it. I'm not saying it looked bad. IMO it was fine.

----

Getting back on topic, I do this not only with SW music, but with most music I hear.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 11:35:50 PM »

As much as I enjoy this conversation Majobu...Im pretty sure this thread has been sufficiently hijacked.  I think it started out as people who hum Star Wars tunes when others do......OOOPPS.
Just a little bit, but I don't mind.

Getting back on topic, I do this not only with SW music, but with most music I hear.

I guess I do it too, but I noticed it with the Imperial March, and that is why I started it with SW music.

Oh, and thanks for getting back on topic. I know I told KDP that I didn't mind, but it is sort of annoying anyways.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: