Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: Ultrasabers Fulcrum & Lost Gray  (Read 387936 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2016, 08:01:25 PM »

Yeah the illuminated switches are for sabers with sound.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

GreyNight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 45

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2016, 10:56:04 AM »

Yeah the illuminated switches are for sabers with sound.

*thinking to self* Well there's your problem!!  Cheesy

I didn't realize illuminated AV switches were exclusive to sabers with sound. That makes sense, considering I wasn't building an Obsidian setup.

I've never been much for the sounds, so I just went ahead with a basic stunt saber build. I'm soooo excited!! I'll eventually get Fulcrum, but I figured Lost Grey would make a nice off-hand weapon.

Chilling between Light and Dark. GreyNight is Grey!

Emerald Flamberge
TRI-Cree AS Stunt Lost Grey

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »

I'm going to everything in my power to enter the next raffle or just buy the lost gray saber

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Eero
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2016, 04:39:56 AM »

Forgive me if someone has already asked and answered this-- I am interested in the Lost Gray balance point with 32" mid grade blade?

I am finicky for balance in a saber and would be grateful if someone can help me visualize where on the hilt, or blade the balance point is if fitted with 32" standard mid grade blade? (like +mm if beyond emitter end on blade , or -mm from the emitter end in the hilt body) or perhaps a photo of it balancing?
how much does the Lost Gray weigh without blade?

I always wish the product description/specifications section were more detailed in the site, specifically with weight, and CG info in different configurations.  I always wish that there was a photo of the hilt, with markings for where the saber's CG is located with different blade lengths and grades. I want to know where in my hand it will be rotating. I really worked hard to custom modify my manticore body so that the CG is -30mm from emitter end in hilt with a 32 in. mid grade, and +25mm on blade with 32" heavy grade. I would be very interested in the Lost Gray had a similar feel and balance with CG inside the hilt. I just can't visualize that from the video... (a useful feature of the video would be to show the saber balancing in the hand, with both 32 and 36 inch mid grade and heavy grade blades!)

And was this saber design used by a film character, or is it ultra sabers original design?

Respectfully,
Eero

Sil2016
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2016, 04:49:57 AM »

The Lost Gray was my very first light saber.  And I must say it was better than what I expected.  The detail, the sturdiness, the design, all of its physical attributes are perfect.  The technology was also the best in terms of the LED lighting and sound.  I will say that the weight was surprisingly heavy.  Nevertheless I’d expect this to be the same with an actual light saber.  I’d like to see if Ultra Sabers could come out with a wall mount, carrying /storage case, or other types of display stands.  I was very impressed with everything and very pleased with the purchase.  It was also an added surprised to find out I had won 3rd prize as well.  A final note to mention is that their customer service is simply incredible!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2016, 06:00:06 AM »

@GreyNight, black white illuminated av switch would look sharp I think Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2016, 06:19:53 AM »

The Lost Gray was my very first light saber.  And I must say it was better than what I expected.  The detail, the sturdiness, the design, all of its physical attributes are perfect.  The technology was also the best in terms of the LED lighting and sound.  I will say that the weight was surprisingly heavy.  Nevertheless I’d expect this to be the same with an actual light saber.  I’d like to see if Ultra Sabers could come out with a wall mount, carrying /storage case, or other types of display stands.  I was very impressed with everything and very pleased with the purchase.  It was also an added surprised to find out I had won 3rd prize as well.  A final note to mention is that their customer service is simply incredible!
Thanks for your post - well said. UltraSabers is second to none. 

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »

I went ahead and ordered the Fulcrum. Specifications below.  Smiley

1 of : Fulcrum with Obsidian Lite Sound
[Blade LED Color:Consular Green]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Orange]
[Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup]
[Blade Length:32" Length][Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard]
[Switch Type:White Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Top Button Color:Gold (in pictures)]
[Fulcrum Activation Box Type:Standard Black]
[10% off All Sabers [L-SOUNDFulcrum]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
[10% off All Sabers [L-SOUNDFulcrum]

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2016, 06:06:03 PM »

I went ahead and ordered the Fulcrum. Specifications below.  Smiley

1 of : Fulcrum with Obsidian Lite Sound
[Blade LED Color:Consular Green]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Orange]
[Obsidian Lite Battery Configuration:Standard Setup]
[Blade Length:32" Length][Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Obsidian Lite Sound:Obsidian Lite Soundboard]
[Switch Type:White Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Top Button Color:Gold (in pictures)]
[Fulcrum Activation Box Type:Standard Black]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
Alright!  Congrats - you will LOVE IT! It's one of those very unique sabers, like the Graflex, that you gotta have for sure. I love the "reverse" chokepoint being on the pommel end of the hilt for an amazing grip with back-handed dueling. It was truly made for it.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2016, 06:41:32 PM »

I ordered the new twins, taking advantage of the 10% Black Friday deal. This order has two Tri-Cree colors that I do not currently have. I figured the Lost Grey is a sleek silver hilt and with both gold buttons, the Tri-Cree AS will look neat.  Grin

Lost Gray with Obsidian Premium Sound
Blade LED Color: TRI Adegan Silver + Color Discs
Flash on Clash: No Flash
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)
Recharge Port: Recharge Port + No Charger
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade
Sound: Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]
Switch Type: White Illuminated Silver AV Switch
Blade Tip: Round Tip
Bottom Button Color: Gold
Top Button Color: Gold

Fulcrum with Obsidian Premium Sound
Blade LED Color: TRI Arctic Blue
Blade Option: Mid Grade
Switch Type: Blue Illuminated Silver AV Switch
Fulcrum Activation Box Type: Classic Silver

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2016, 06:50:14 PM »

I ordered the new twins, taking advantage of the 10% Black Friday deal. This order has two Tri-Cree colors that I do not currently have. I figured the Lost Grey is a sleek silver hilt and with both gold buttons, the Tri-Cree AS will look neat.  Grin

Lost Gray with Obsidian Premium Sound
Blade LED Color: TRI Adegan Silver + Color Discs
Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade
Switch Type: White Illuminated Silver AV Switch
Bottom Button Color: Gold

Fulcrum with Obsidian Premium Sound
Blade LED Color: TRI Arctic Blue
Blade Option: Mid Grade
Switch Type: Blue Illuminated Silver AV Switch
Fulcrum Activation Box Type: Classic Silver
Bravo, man! "Twins" - love it! I like the look of that setup. I haven't seen either of these with a recharge port yet, so I'd love to see you do a review with lots of pics. Did you go with a black, silver or gold covertec wheel? You will LOVE the Tri Arctic Blue. I have that on my Graflex and Dark Prophecy V3, and I can personally vouch for the very full, deep blue that just ROCKS! I definitely see another saber with TRI AB in the future for me. It's my favorite TRI color - then TRI Consular Green and then TRI GB.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »

I ordered the new twins, taking advantage of the 10% Black Friday deal. This order has two Tri-Cree colors that I do not currently have. I figured the Lost Grey is a sleek silver hilt and with both gold buttons, the Tri-Cree AS will look neat.  Grin

Congrats Lord Sidious! With great anticipation, I eagerly await one of you're solid video reviews of these fine US Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2016, 01:10:01 AM »

Awesome... me too.  This is the first order for me in 12-18 months... I did not even check the exchange rate... who cares... Tongue. I ordered two lost greys in tri-Cree Arctic blue with gold buttons as well.  I asked to have the bottom button and the covertec to be switched on one side so that the blades will have both A/V switches facing forward... I opted for non illuminated on these sabers... first time I did this.  Also ordered pointed tip mid grade blades, I usually do rounded... and I prefer the look of the midgrades over the ultra edge.. just my personal preference... and of course I ordered a couple of couplers to round out the order for all the promotions.  These are also the first sabers I have ordered without recharge ports... I may live to regret that... but I honestly did not want to marr the beauty of the hilt with a recharge port... I can always send it back for an addition if I change my mind later... 

I had to pester US with a few questions on this one... and as usual the US customer service exceeds expectations... Marlena was answering my emails at all hours over the weekend... had I known, I would have waited for a more appropriate time... she was excellent!  Thanks US... now the wait is on...

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2016, 08:33:45 AM »

Alright!  Congrats - you will LOVE IT! It's one of those very unique sabers, like the Graflex, that you gotta have for sure. I love the "reverse" chokepoint being on the pommel end of the hilt for an amazing grip with back-handed dueling. It was truly made for it.

Thanks. I spent a few weeks working out exactly what I wanted to put into this saber. I am very happy with the choice that I have made and look forward to getting it soon. I think I will keep the same style for the Lost Grey and just add an orange color disc to make the blade color closer to Ahsoka's  lime colored shoto blade.

Congrats on your two saber purchases too Lord Sidious. Well done.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2016, 09:10:58 AM »

Thanks, can't wait for the twins to arrive.  Grin

I opted for the standard black covertec. I figured it would match the black anodized strip in the middle exposed part of the hilt and the black ring near the pommel. It's hard to go wrong with any combination, these are just so beautiful on their own.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: