Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: Ultrasabers Fulcrum & Lost Gray  (Read 387961 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 06:01:24 AM »

Alrighty, folks... I'm all in on this and decided to get both as a set.  I just placed orders for the Fulcrum and the Lost Gray!  After being all over the place on these, my head was going to explode, but I used the Jedi mind trick on myself to sort it all out in my head and come to a decision.  Like many here probably feel after choosing your options on a new UltraSaber.  Whew!  Every order with UltraSabers feels like the first saber I purchased - the anticipation and just feeling like, so friggin lucky that UltraSabers is there for us all.  Always a cool experience, so THANK YOU UltraSabers!  As a kid I never thought that as an adult (is that what I am?  Ha! I'm feelin more like a kid these days) I would have access to be able to own A lightsaber, let alone many.

So, on to the particulars...

First of all, I initially thought it'd be a no-brainer to go Emerald on both, because it's awesome, right, but considering all things including finances more carefully, I backed off a little and went with TRI colors instead with Obsidian V4 sound.  I placed an order for each separately - double the orders, double the raffle fun!  Who knows, maybe I'll win something.  It'd be like the first time in my life, so I'm definitely open to that idea  Roll Eyes

Here's the rundown on the Fulcrum I ordered first:
Fulcrum with Obsidian Premium Sound
[Blade LED Color:TRI Consular Green]
[Flash on Clash:No Flash]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Red Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Top Button Color:Gold (in pictures)]
[Fulcrum Activation Box Type:Standard Black]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]     1

DSC-1343   Autumn Raffle Ticket     1   -$0.01   -$0.01

DSC-1344   Free Random Blade Plug     1   -$0.01   -$0.01

...And, here's the rundown on the Lost Gray I ordered second:
Lost Gray with Obsidian Premium Sound
[Blade LED Color:TRI Guardian Blue]
[Flash on Clash:No Flash]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:32" Length]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Red Illuminated Black AV Switch]
[Blade Tip:POINTED TIP]
[Bottom Button Color:Chrome]
[Top Button Color:Gold (in pictures)]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:No Thanks]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]     1
(Silver Covertect Wheel instead of Black)

DSC-1343   Autumn Raffle Ticket     1   -$0.01   -$0.01

DSC-1344   Free Random Blade Plug     1   -$0.01   -$0.01

For the Lost Gray I'm going to also use a 30 inch photon day blade that takes the light from the TRI Guardian Blue LED and uses that wavelength of light to excite the photons in the dye in the blade which then converts the color to a super bright, eerie "Rakghoul" green, sort of like a lime green.  So that will give me 2 colors, Guardian Blue or Lime Green for that one.  I'll post a review of the Fulcrum and Lost Gray just as soon as I get them.  That's going to be a fun review to share.  These two new sabers from UltraSabers could become my new favorites!

Good luck to EVERYONE entering the raffle, and I hope everyone gets to order these!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 06:22:45 AM »

Great choice there Lord Bladerwraith! Congratz!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:57 AM »

Nice.  I thought about a Photon Green blade for the Lost Gray, but I just have to do Emerald, so I ordered just the Fulcrum first, and I'll do the Lost Gray later.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2016, 06:49:19 AM »

Nice.  I thought about a Photon Green blade for the Lost Gray, but I just have to do Emerald, so I ordered just the Fulcrum first, and I'll do the Lost Gray later.
Thanks.  I think it's an awesome idea to get them in Emerald.  I was THIS close to getting them both in Emerald, but I wanted them both now and then I thought... maybe there's a way to have your cake and eat it, too... buy the TRI Cree and use colored day blades, especially the photo blade, to change it up a bit.  No substitute for Emerald, obviously, but it's cool with me.  I have a violet amethyst day blade as well that works well with a guardian blue, but the photon blade is sure unique because of the way it interacts with blue LEDs and reproducing an even brighter green, so I got excited being able to get both colors on a smaller budget.  I did order a Bellicose Emerald RGBA last week for my first entry in the raffle, so my Emerald "fix" is appeased for now.  I'm feeling spoiled.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2016, 06:50:32 AM »

Great choice there Lord Bladerwraith! Congratz!
Thanks, Lord Sidious.  You ordered one or both of these, too, didn't you?  What did you get?

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 07:03:29 AM »

I.  MUST.  HAVE.  THESE.

Just amazing!!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »

I.  MUST.  HAVE.  THESE.

Just amazing!!

Sentiments had by all who have seen them!!!!

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 08:47:14 AM »

Thanks, Lord Sidious.  You ordered one or both of these, too, didn't you?  What did you get?

I shall (right now as I type, I haven't yet). I tend to order the Raffle Entry towards the final day as the Dark Side of the Force builds strength to guide me on the decision.  Cheesy

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »

I shall (right now as I type, I haven't yet). I tend to order the Raffle Entry towards the final day as the Dark Side of the Force builds strength to guide me on the decision.  Cheesy
Heh, heh, heh.... yaaaas!  Gooooood.... goooood... you'll do well, Lord Sidious.

Have a great weekend. 

Vechaljian
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »

I had no choice but to order a set, I got mine DIY empty. Will work on electronics later.

UltraSabers: Bellicose-Obsidian V3-Sunriders Destiny/Foc-white. Dark Initiate V3-Obsidian V4-Blazing Red/Foc-Orange. Dark Initiate v4-Obsidian v4 Violet Amethyst/Foc-Blue  Emerald Guardian-Obsidian V4. x2 Emerald Dark Menaces-Obsidian V4 Coupled. Emerald Archon v3.1-Obsidian V4  Emerald Chosen One CE-Obsidian, Third Prize Second Summer Raffle- Domonix V3 Li-ion stunt.
Self Converted MR/Hasbro Sabers: 2005 MR Anakin Skywalker, 2007 Hasbro Darth Vader(Obsidian v4), 2015 Hasbro Kylo Ren, 2005 MR Luke Skywalker(Obsidian V4)
Kits saber: Graflex 2.0(Obsidian V4)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 09:29:35 PM »

I had no choice but to order a set, I got mine DIY empty. Will work on electronics later.
-1 Vechaljian

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Brass Drag0n
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »

What a fantastic pair of sabers, shame yellow isn't available in the standard options as it means I'll have to go full "emerald" on the Lost Gray. Ouch, that's going to get expensive.

Anyone want to buy a second-hand kidney?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »

What a fantastic pair of sabers, shame yellow isn't available in the standard options as it means I'll have to go full "emerald" on the Lost Gray. Ouch, that's going to get expensive.

Anyone want to buy a second-hand kidney?

Go to:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

There, you will find the yellow you seek.

Also, please read and acknowledge the forum rules, in the "Forum Rules and Information" section.

Old Bean Kenobi
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 62

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:35 PM »

Loving the fact that we're seeing new models coming out. I consider it a personal bonus that US seems to have the largest selection of sabers that can comfortably be wielded two-handed properly (Guardian, Consular, Scorpion, and now the Electrum Wind and Fulcrum are all 12" or longer hilts) without making them glowing katanas. Most other fabricators seem to be sticking to hilts in the 10" hilt length range.

Curious about battery life on a AAA battery setup with Tri-LED and Obsidian Lite? Check this thread:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27171.0

Sabers: Graflex SE in Tri-GB/Obsidian LITE, Overlord in Tri-CG/Obsidian v4, Emerald Scorpion/Obsidian V4, Emerald Fulcrum/Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in "violent amethyst"/Obsidian V3.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

Loving the fact that we're seeing new models coming out. I consider it a personal bonus that US seems to have the largest selection of sabers that can comfortably be wielded two-handed properly (Guardian, Consular, Scorpion, and now the Electrum Wind and Fulcrum are all 12" or longer hilts) without making them glowing katanas. Most other fabricators seem to be sticking to hilts in the 10" hilt length range.

I agree with you Old Bean...I have looked at many of "The Other Guys" sabers and have also noticed the size limits.  Not that I plan on buying anything from them.  I just like to look at all the saber designs that are on the market.  It gives me ideas on how to modify my current sabers.  the fact that US has released three new designs this year just proves to me that US listens to their customers and knows how much we love their product. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: