Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A/V switch setup  (Read 663 times)
jedi hound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »

I'm contemplating grabbing a 'surprise' saber for my wife during the Halloween sale.  I've got a question about upgrading, hopefully someone can chime in...

I want to get an Aeon Initiate v3 since the new dimensions actually make it a perfect two-handed saber for her.  We already have v2 Initiates and I picked up a gorgeous Archon v2 @ Dragoncon.  She loves the sound option and the A/V switch but at the moment, I can afford a hilt but not the Obsidian.  My question is... can I get a v3 Initiate with DVA & a Blue A/V switch and then mail-in for the upgrade to an Obsidian later?  I know US offers the Obsidian & A/V as a package but can it be run without the board?  I want to surprise her with it and her favorite colors are blue & purple, so it would be great to have those and then get sound when I've got more caaeessh. 
-Is it possible?
-What battery setup would be recommended?
-I love bullet points!

Thanks,
jedi hound

ARCHON V2 - Sunrider's Destiny
CONSULAR - Adegan Silver
DARK INITIATE V3 - Blazing Red
GUARDIAN - Dark Violet Amethyst
PHANTASM INITIATE V2 - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »

From what I've read from Ultra and Deep, it isn't possible to run the AV switch without the Obsidian board... it's a shame too cause that sounded like an awesome gift!  My advice is, just put in the extra dough and go for the Obsidian with the AV... it really does make the saber a WHOLE lot more impressive!

Otherwise it sounds perfect, blue and purple look awesome together and the new Initiate V3 models are a good length for female hands.  If you get the sound, Li-ion setup is required.  If not, it's optional but nice to have (the Li-ion are rechargable and provide consistent current, giving you a more consistent purple color).

As for bullet points, I'm not personally a big proponent of them but I gotta admit they're neat.  If you want one go for it!  I do a lot of stabs so I'm always afraid of it hurting my friends, but I understand why people like them.

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions if you're in doubt!

jedi hound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:23:49 PM »

Nero, thanks.

-Gotta thank you for making me laugh too, I was being a smart ass about the bullet points, meaning I use bullet points all the time when I type... I read your response and for a second I was like " Wow, this guy's a grammar nazi like me!  What with the stabbing and all..."  then I realized you meant bullet tips on the blades, made me laugh out loud in line at Walgreens!  FTR, I use the rounded tips as well.

-I saw shyguy3000's post with his new Dominix in that exact color setup and 'sneakily' (ok, I'm a very laid back grammar nazi Roll Eyes) showed her the pics of the setup I wanted to get her, she loved it.  BTW, my Archon is the same color setup as his, can't go wrong with SRD/Green switch!

-I just totaled up a decked out Initiate v3 and it's up to $225.  Fingers crossed that they'll be running a Christmas sale because I can't scrounge up that much $$$ before Halloween.

ARCHON V2 - Sunrider's Destiny
CONSULAR - Adegan Silver
DARK INITIATE V3 - Blazing Red
GUARDIAN - Dark Violet Amethyst
PHANTASM INITIATE V2 - Consular Green/Guardian Blue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: