Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wandering Seeker's training  (Read 644 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 748

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: November 11, 2016, 10:48:27 PM »

:: Jaderi Fez, Mirialan Guardian ::
:: Deserted settlement ::

The tall Mirialan Jedi moved cautiously through the now deserted buildings of the tiny settlement, casting his senses out with the aid of the Force. Another border planet, caught up in the war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. There may have been a so called ‘Peace Treaty’ between the two but in places like this it meant nothing. The Empire has gotten a foothold here at the invite of one of the planet’s major political parties, the political arguments had turned into physical battles and the Republic were now struggling to keep the planet under their protection. This settlement, like many in the large grain producing region, had been abandoned as it became the site of multiple skirmishes, the farmers running scared leaving their livelihoods behind. So far it had been untouched by cannon or bombers but he doubted it would see the light of the next day unscarred.

Jaderi looked up at the red tinged sky, heavy smoke billowing up several kilometres away as a farm burned and tainting the air with it's acrid stench, ash occasionally falling when a strong gust of wind blew it his direction. The sun was still a few hours from setting and the day was warm, something he was rather aware of in his heavy knight’s armour. He put it from his mind with practiced ease to focus on the task at hand. A Sith had been reported seen in this settlement and he had been sent to scout ahead to deal with the menace, a platoon of Republic soldiers a ways behind him. They were tasked with preventing the Empire from moving further into this region and taking it. Every time the Republic lost a major agricultural centre like this it was a blow to their efforts to relieve the planet of the Empire.

The knight’s hand rested on the hilt of his lightsaber. The feel of the Dark Side had been growing the closer he moved towards the two houses with machinery sheds set further away from the rest on the other side of the settlement. He had no doubt the Sith he was hunting was just up ahead and cast his Force Sight out, looking for the source.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »

:Lord Arias, Sith Warrior:
:Deserted settlement:

Dust hung in the air of the attic of the taller of the two houses that marked the border of the frontier settlement. There had been people there, but Sith troopers had swept through earlier under the young Sith's leadership. Only, when the settlement had been cleared, they had fallen back rather than fortify for the inevitable Republic counter-attack. The other settlements, where the Empire had established a more secure political foothold, had been left untouched, the young warrior knew that meant he was bait. Bait for a Jedi.

Arias paced back and forth in the attic like a Vornskyr male waiting to begin the hunt. His black boots stirred dust from the floor and the insistent motion of his lithe body left eddies and whorls of the particles in the air. He lifted a hand to rub at his shoulder where his pilot's jumpsuit itched at the skin. The young man's other hand went almost absently to check the hilt of his saber and then the grip of his blaster. He could feel the Jedi growing closer, knew he had no way out. "Screw it." The words were a snarl as he went to the window and looked out. And there, yes, there was the Jedi, approaching through the main street. The sight sent a rush of excitement and fury through his body, he recognized the man approaching. Had seem him, if only in passing when he was just a boy.

The young warrior grabbed his lightsaber from where it hung on his belt and strode impatiently down the stairs out of the attic and out into the street before the figure. "Have you come to kill me, Jedi?" His tone was mocking, a snarled challenge as he faced the older man.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:12:02 AM »

Jaderi paused as he sensed the approach of the Sith, falling into a relaxed ready stance with lightsaber in hand but remaining unlit. The man who approached was young, wearing a black jumpsuit rather than the more ostentatious garb he was used to seeing on Sith these days. He looked vaguely familiar, though the Jedi couldn’t pick where from. He didn’t believe he had ever fought him before. The man snarled at him, mockingly.

He tightened his single handed grip on his hilt, still keeping the weapon unlit. “If I must Sith, you would not be the first. Though I would rather you and your men left this planet and left it’s people in peace” he said slowly, deliberately, gauging this young Sith.

The young man laughed at him, cruel and again mocking. As he talked he quickly searched his memories for why this Sith seemed so familiar. It came to him with a sad realisation.

“Wait… your name is Ras isn’t it? You were a Jedi Padawan.”

The human snarled again, the laughter gone from his voice and expression. Jaderi shook his head sadly. Another Jedi fallen to the lure of the Sith. He remembered this man from a few years previous, where he had been serving on the same planet as Ras and his Zabrak master. He hadn’t talked with him, only seen him in passing and he wasn’t sure what his first name was. He had been younger then and still a Padawan, just shy of his knighthood Jaderi had thought. What had caused him to turn his back on the light? It was possibly futile but he had to try, he could sense that Ras had not completely given himself to the Sith yet.

“It is not too late for you to forsake this path you have chosen Ras. I sense there is still some good in you, turn away from the Dark Side, from the anger and hatred. Come back to the Light.”

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:10:44 AM »

::Lord Arias, Sith Warrior::
::Deserted Settlement::

Incandescent fury twisted the young man's face as he stood opposite the Jedi Knight, his hand clenched savagely tight around his lightsaber. Driven by his rage, he began pacing in an echo of his motions inside the house. When he responded, his voice was tight.

"Republican peace? You mean?" Arias laughed at that, his eyes gleaming as he lifted his empty hand to point at the older man. "I have seen the peace offered by the Republic, Sir Knight. I have seen the corruption of petty local tyrants who are tolerated and allowed to go free simply because they fight the Sith. The peace you offer is a poisoned lie."

Seeing the look of calm pity on the older man's face, he felt his rage growing even hotter. The speed of his pacing increased and his thumb drifted closer to the activation stub of his lightsaber. "I won't! I have had my fill of Jedi lies. The light does not illuminate, it blinds and deceives. I will not be a slave again. Here, here I am free of Jedi deception."

Coming to a halt facing the older Jedi, he took his saber in both hands and activated it. Turning his body sideways and raising it into a high guard from which he could strike quickly and powerfully. "If you're going to take me back to the Order, it'll have to be as a corpse."

The last word came out as a roar and he leapt in chopping hard down at the other man's head.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 05:14:32 AM »

This was why the young man left the Jedi? Because he saw corruption on some Republic world? He showed his immense ignorance and arrogance and one short, temper filled speech, a trait that seemed more and more common in the young Jedi. How could he not see the immense corruption and deception within the Sith Empire?! When Ras had finished his little speech he came flying in with an overhead attack, another demonstration of his ignorance and arrogance. Did he think the heavily armoured Jedi would be such an easy opponent to defeat? Calmly and without fear Jaderi fell into a defensive stance, the blue blade of his lightsaber hissing into life as it rose to block the red blade of his young opponent. He needed to augment his strength slightly with the Force but it was a simple matter, even as the human drew back his blade to slice at him again with a series of Ataru strikes. The Mirialan blocked them with ease, slowly giving some ground as he gauged his opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, not quite yet ready to give up on trying to bring him back to the light.

“Jedi lies? Freedom? It is the Dark side that has blinded you, twisted you, so that you cannot see the corruption and deception used by the Sith to rule all with an iron fist. You are not free, you are chained by your anger and hatred.”

The Sith roared again and made three quick strikes before following it with kick to the Jedi’s chest which he managed to get out of the way of. At the edge of his senses he could feel men moving in, but they weren’t his soldiers. They were coming from the wrong direction. It was a trap he realised, to lure the Jedi in. They would find he would not be such an easy opponent to take down.

“You don’t believe me, then look at your own forces. You were here as bait for me weren’t you? Your masters do not care for your own wellbeing, they see you only as an expendable means to an end. Do not continue down this path of destruction, return to the Jedi!”

If the Sith continued to fight then it would be in Jaderi’s best interest to end this fight quickly. Fighting Imperials or Sith was one thing, fighting both at the same time while the Imperials surrounded him would be another entirely.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 07:13:50 AM »

::Deserted settlement::

When the knight dodged his kick, Arias sprang back and landed in a crouch with his saber held low in one hand. "I was held back from the trial because I dared to ask whether the Republic was pure."

Sensing the troopers moving in, he flung a hand out in an echo of a blast and shouted. "The Jedi is mine! Stand down!" The troopers stopped their advance once they were visible to the young warrior who they'd been assigned to.

"I begged the Darths for this! I begged them to send me to the frontline, to let me hunt and kill Jedi!" The young man's anger had been reined in, boiled and hardened as he glared at the older Jedi. "I begged them to let me fight and they gave me a platoon and told me they would ensure a Jedi came for me to kill."

Before he'd even finished the last word, Arias snapped his empty left hand forward with a hissed breath as he unleashed a full blast of the Force at his foe. Drawing on the Force for speed and strength, he took advantage of the dust cloud that his blast raised and rushed in with a flurry of blows. Fierce as they were, he didn't expect any one to be the blow that would take the armored Jedi down. Deactivating his saber halfway through a strike, he dropped to a low crouch near the bottom of the dust cloud and launched a savage kick at where he expected the other man's less armored lower legs to be. It was a nasty, street fighter's technique, intended to distract and slow down if not cripple outright.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 05:38:58 AM »

The Jedi easily blocked the lightsaber strikes in the dust cloud, able to see what the man was doing through the Force. The savage kick at his legs was a different matter. He felt the twinge in the Force that warned him of the impending danger but the Sith had been quick and he hadn’t quite moved fast enough to avoid it. The kick landed on the side of his right leg and using the Force he jumped backwards out of the way, favouring his right leg as he landed. It wasn’t broken but it caused pain to put his full weight on it.

As he landed an overexcited young soldier in the Sith’s platoon shot at him with a few burst fires. Deflecting the bolts was an easy task, but as he stepped backwards to put some distance between himself and the soldiers his right foot landed on a rock, twisting his injured leg. The pain and stumble was enough of a distraction that one of the bolts snuck through and grazed his right upper arm below his armour. Swearing he sent out a powerful wave in the Force, the wave striking the men in the platoon and throwing them backwards even at this distance. Grimacing Jaderi swapped his saber to his left hand and held it in a defensive stance waiting for the attack he knew would come. He was only slightly less competent with a left handed grip and it would be more than enough to take down this young Sith, so long as he wasn’t caught off guard like that again.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »

The young Sith straightened as the dust settled, smirking at the Jedi. "Something wrong with your leg? Your arm?" His tone was jeering, rich in contempt and cruel amusement as he faced the older man. Without turning his head from his foe, he called out to his men. "The Republic troops are growing closer. Get out of here and keep them from interfering." There was a moment of silence as they recovered from the blast, but then the Imperial troopers pulled away from their shooting positions and began filing through the houses, heading towards the approaching Republic platoon.

Ignoring them, he studied the Jedi for a moment, thinking. Clenching his left hand, he thought about projecting his strikes, but that was difficult and tiring, not something he wanted to risk just yet. "Why don't we finish this?" Focusing on the Jedi, he extended his left hand, fingers crooked into a claw as he reached out through the force, aiming to put the pressure of his will on the other man's injured leg to shatter the bones.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:02 AM »

The Jedi gritted his teeth, channelling the Force into his leg to heal it. This young man was overly cocky and that would be his downfall. He felt the man try and attack him through the Force and he resisted it with his own willpower. The Sith was strong, but not quite strong enough. The Guardian's greater experience helped him defend against the attack designed to break the injured leg.

“You are a fool if you think that little trick will work. Yes, lets finish this Sith.” Changing tactics from defensive to aggressive he used the Force to support his injured leg and jumped in to engage the young Sith. His attacks were strong, boosted by the Force, and the human didn’t seem to quite expect that turn of events. Jaderi struck at him several times with aggressive attacks forcing the man to back away. The Jedi sent a Force Blast at him, jumping to follow it through with an overhead strike.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 01:21:46 PM »

Arias was surprised when his attack failed and almost didn't manage to block the first strike in time. Even then, the force drove him down to one knee before he was forced to roll himself back from the follow up strike. Unable to match the strength of the Jedi even with the Force infusing his limbs, he relied on his agility to stay one step ahead of the older fighter's blade. But even then it was a close thing.

The blast caught him by surprise in mid dodge and flung him backwards and off his feet. Landing hard, he grunted as the impact shocked the air from his lungs. The young warrior looked up as the Jedi jumped and realized he had only one chance to get this right. Gritting his teeth, he gathered the force around both his fists and lashed out, throwing the punches out through the force. One blow he launched towards his airborne foe's throat and the other towards the knee of his injured leg.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 08:05:16 PM »

Jaderi hadn’t expected the Sith to strike out like that. He had been prepared for lightning or a blast from the Force, but not for someone skilled in projected fighting striking him in two places at once. He was too late to do more than cushion the blows somewhat. One strike landed above his right knee fracturing the femur but not breaking it cleanly, the second impacted with his throat crushing his windpipe. The force of the blows stopped him midair and even sent him flying backwards, his hilt dropping from his hand and the blade deactivating. He landed hard on the ground on his back, pain flooding his right leg and gasping for breath.

He knew he was in serious trouble now, he began pumping healing power through his body but he knew it wouldn’t be enough, healing was not his strength by any means. He was still struggling to get any air and he could see the Sith walking towards him, his face filled with triumphant contempt. Jaderi reached for his hilt with one hand, trying to summon it while with his other he sent a Blast at the young Sith in an attempt to slow him down. He knew he had little chance now unless his forces showed up in time, but he hoped he could at least take this young turncoat with him.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay

wandering-seeker
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »

Inwardly, he rejoiced as he walked towards his downed foe. A part of him hadn't expected the strikes to be successful and had fully expected to die. Arias countered the blasts with his own, barely slowing as he stalked towards the crippled Jedi. Seeing his enemy going for his saber, he lunged after countering a blast, but the other man got his blade up in time to catch the overhead blow the young Sith launched.

Lord Arias snarled and stepped back, projecting a kick into the other man's armed wrist before diving in to grip him by the throat. He weathered the punches from the other man though the blows from his armored fists shook his frame, holding him eye to eye as he placed his unlit saber against the older man's stomach and activated it. A savage glint came into his eyes as he played the blade around, twisting it to do as much damage as possible. "So you die. So. You. Die." The words were a victorious snarl and his eyes gleamed with hunger and rage as he held the man up, even as the blows lessened.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: